Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Pretty sure they've sold out the whole Mavrik line of drivers.

I just edited my post because I went and checked. Temptation buy avoided!!

Another strong day with the Mavrik Max 9° playing at 10°. I pulled one drive into a hazard, but every other drive gave me an open shot into the green. I’m confident with the driver and it’s allowing me to put the ball in places on the course I haven’t been before!

Another strong day with the Mavrik Max 9° playing at 10°. I pulled one drive into a hazard, but every other drive gave me an open shot into the green. I’m confident with the driver and it’s allowing me to put the ball in places on the course I haven’t been before!
That is great to hear!!! Confidence is huge and your improvements are going in leaps and bounds.

Pretty sure they've sold out the whole Mavrik line of drivers.
Yup. Been sold out for days. Three showed up early Saturday morning and were quickly gone.

I fear it may be a while before I see the replacement for my Mav Max :(

ETA: I spoke too quickly: A whole bunch of Mavrik Max drivers showed up in stock sometime w/in the last hour. Called my guy and he snagged one to replace my mis-classified driver. Should be on the way w/in the next couple days. (Apparently CPO's shipping department is a bit slammed atm.)

Last edited:
Well after refreshing every 5 minutes, I found a Mavrik Max in a 9° on CPO - Pretty excited - Couldn’t wait for my “Guy”:
613AE7D5-F451-4CF2-A048-CCEF4069D814.jpeg

Good stuff. Interested to see what you think vs your current gamer.
Pure vanity buy, everyone sings their praise of this club and the price was right. I’ll have to get to the range often in the next 30 days to see if it works.

Pure vanity buy, everyone sings their praise of this club and the price was right. I’ll have to get to the range often in the next 30 days to see if it works.
You won't regret this purchase. Head and shoulders above the Epic Flash. More forgiving, sounds better.

You won't regret this purchase. Head and shoulders above the Epic Flash. More forgiving, sounds better.
Absolutely agree however I have this voice in the back of my head saying the Epic Speed is going be another step forward in ball speed retention and forgivenes.

Well after refreshing every 5 minutes, I found a Mavrik Max in a 9° on CPO - Pretty excited - Couldn’t wait for my “Guy”:
Probably wise. I had to go through my guy because the driver I now have on the way is a replacement for the first one they shipped me that wasn't the grade at which it was listed.

I lucked out. About the fourth, fifth, or sixth refresh Monday morning, suddenly a bunch of Mav Maxes showed up--after the pages being empty ever since... Wednesday before Thanksgiving? Within a couple hours of my guy snagging a replacement for me the page was again empty--and remained so until earlier today.

So it looks like these drivers are crazy popular right now--even at the regular CPO prices.

Absolutely agree however I have this voice in the back of my head saying the Epic Speed is going be another step forward in ball speed retention and forgivenes.
Well, if the Mavrik Max works, it lets me trade in the EF at 150% for the next “ Redacted” Callaway driver.

View attachment 8977353
I also purchased a Max from CPO this past week, what a great deal they gave me on virtually a brand new driver. Mine is a 10 1/2 degree loft and I see you have a 9 degree standard loft, just curious as to what loft you normally use your club at? Also do you use a draw bias or go with neutral?

View attachment 8977353
I think we might all have the same “guy” at CPO, lol.

BTW, mine helped me out with a set of Mav Pro irons when they’d been pretty much sold out for 5 days...

Anyone know where they get their stock btw? I got a wedge that was new/had the sticker and it said Demo, so I have to imagine it’s mainly returned demos?

I think you are going to love it! The feel and sound are leaps and bounds better and I think the forgiveness will be an improvement as well!

The golfing season is pretty much over with for me except maybe a bonus day that it gets over 45, so I will spend a lot of time in the practice bays with GCHawk trying to keep my game together.
Every session ends with me loving the Mavrik SubZero! The feel and sound are incredible! I am not the greatest ball strike ever but my misses still get out there!

C34C8D3B-C5BC-4ECD-822C-208406598CD3.png

I only hit an Epic Flash a few times, but I can virtually guarantee that you'll like the sound of the Mav Max a lot better!

I think we might all have the same “guy” at CPO, lol.

BTW, mine helped me out with a set of Mav Pro irons when they’d been pretty much sold out for 5 days...

Anyone know where they get their stock btw? I got a wedge that was new/had the sticker and it said Demo, so I have to imagine it’s mainly returned demos?
IMHO - When Green Grass golf shops close down or golfing is closed for the year, Callaway asks to have the clubs sent back and they get resold on CPO.
It is not uncommon for me to get new with Sticker or clubs with "DEMO" stamped on the shaft/grips.

It's kinda like GM or Ford getting the cars back from AVIS or Hertz after a year so they can sell them under their CPO program.

I also purchased a Max from CPO this past week, what a great deal they gave me on virtually a brand new driver. Mine is a 10 1/2 degree loft and I see you have a 9 degree standard loft, just curious as to what loft you normally use your club at? Also do you use a draw bias or go with neutral?
I play my 9* Epic Flash at N/-1 so I'm closer to a 8*.
I do have my EF set with the weight in the back more towards the heel. I find that I do better with a Driver that hs weight in the Heel.

The Bridgestone JGR drivers that I've owned all had weight in the heel and I bought them at 9.5*
As a matter of fact, the last JGR driver I had, I bought from Japan, let me buddy use it and he bought it from me, wasn't going to give it back to me.

This should work out just fine.

The golfing season is pretty much over with for me except maybe a bonus day that it gets over 45, so I will spend a lot of time in the practice bays with GCHawk trying to keep my game together.
Every session ends with me loving the Mavrik SubZero! The feel and sound are incredible! I am not the greatest ball strike ever but my misses still get out there!

View attachment 8977376
Some of these numbers are just flat out ridiculous. My goodness.

Looks like next week should warm up a little bit, so hoping for a couple things:
1 - that my new shafts arrive to try out
2 - that I can take them to the range with my Rapsodo MLM for some fun.

Have an Attas Coool 6s and a Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5 on the way. We'll see how they compare to the Rogue White that I have been using.

I'm guessing also course pro shops returning overstock when they close for the season, clubs purchased and returned under their generous 30-day return policy, and clubs traded in.

Looks like next week should warm up a little bit, so hoping for a couple things:
1 - that my new shafts arrive to try out
2 - that I can take them to the range with my Rapsodo MLM for some fun.

Have an Attas Coool 6s and a Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5 on the way. We'll see how they compare to the Rogue White that I have been using.
I have the yellow in mine and it has been very good.

How is the Rapsodo?

I have the yellow in mine and it has been very good.

How is the Rapsodo?

With numbers like you have, I'm even more excited for the yellow now!

The Rapsodo is really really good. While I might have access to a trackman this winter occassionally, the fact I can take the Rapsodo to the range/outside and off grass at my course is huge for me. I have had a few sessions with it, and while I know I want more and longterm data, I'm seeing some positive results from practicing with purpose and that data. Case in point, my most recent round after having a couple sessions, I went 10/14 fairways, and 7/18 GIR. an improvement in both over my average.

Back