Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Got my replacement Mav MAX driver today. Yay! Already have it re-gripped.

Now all I gots to do is learn how to hit a driver again
shake.gif

I hit 10 fairways today and it was all due to the forgiveness of the Mav Max. I didn’t have my best driving day in terms of consistency, but I got away with it. On 18 I finally hit a nice draw that went about 260. Just because this is the ‘Max’ version doesn’t mean it can’t keep up with the others in the line.

I hit 10 fairways today and it was all due to the forgiveness of the Mav Max. I didn’t have my best driving day in terms of consistency, but I got away with it. On 18 I finally hit a nice draw that went about 260. Just because this is the ‘Max’ version doesn’t mean it can’t keep up with the others in the line.
That was my concern, if you gain a positive in one area of the club, is whether you lose in another area or aspect of this club, specifically distance. My experience with this club so far is that you don't lose any distance at all with the gain of forgiveness.

We are giving one away right now on THP Instagram

Bonus contest, so cool :D

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Update on the TD 10.5 with Graphite Design AD-IZ 6X: As a refresher, I'd bought this club in early October but didn't take it out to the course because my swing was in a funk and I didn't want that funk to influence my opinion of this driver. Fast forward a few months and now there's snow on the ground with no chance of getting out to the course until the Spring thaw. I'm sure most have been there before, but that swing funk I went through was pretty extreme. Not a lot good can happen when you bring the club too far to the inside on the backswing and the club is stuck behind you. Thankfully I've worked my way through it and probably have better understanding of my swing, and I dare say even a better swing now that my plane is improved. Anyway, I've taken this club to the indoor range (dome) on multiple occasions and my excitement grows. It feels so solid, looks are blissful, and sound is heavenly. To all of you still playing and to those that will continue to play for the next several months, I'm ORANGE with envy! ;)

I put the stock Riptide 60g 5.5 shaft back in the Max today. This shaft works for me. I was 11/14 FIR and 2 of the misses where right edge, the other was a bad pull because of a bad setup. Playing in 40° weather is not ideal but the driver performed well.

Would somebody with a Mavrik Max with a standard-length Riptide 50 5.5 shaft do me the favor of measuring from the top of the grip to the top of the ferrule? I'm curios about something. Thanks!

Received my Mav Max Driver today. Came in “Like New” with a little scuffing on the crown. Little Scratch Doctor and I was able to clean it up. Length came in perfect after I had the remove 3/4”. Don’t know why the put the new grip Logo up. Looks weird. Lesson learned! Going to PGATSS tomorrow morning and compare it against EF on the GC2.

60g or 50g? Mine's 50g. My woods are 60g. I don't think I ever saw a 5..5 60g on a Mav Max driver at CPO or I would've asked my guy about it.

(y)

40°F *brrr*
40* is cool but the wind wasn’t that bad. Anymore wind and we would have waited until it warmed a bit or not played.
Here is my driver shaft

DF699FA9-BDBC-45C7-A2CD-2460320387E1.jpeg

@Duffer Seamus that was the shaft I was fit into at the Grandaddy last year.

Received my Mav Max Driver today. Came in “Like New” with a little scuffing on the crown. Little Scratch Doctor and I was able to clean it up. Length came in perfect after I had the remove 3/4”. Don’t know why the put the new grip Logo up. Looks weird. Lesson learned! Going to PGATSS tomorrow morning and compare it against EF on the GC2.
With the Callaway adaptor, you can rotate the shaft 180 and keep same settings.

With the Callaway adaptor, you can rotate the shaft 180 and keep same settings.
Are you certain of that? It is my understanding the index marks on the club end and shaft end have to line up.

Would somebody with a Mavrik Max with a standard-length Riptide 50 5.5 shaft do me the favor of measuring from the top of the grip to the top of the ferrule? I'm curios about something. Thanks!
@Duffer Seamus - mine is 42" from top of the grip to top of the ferrule. Same shaft, standard length.

@Duffer Seamus - mine is 42" from top of the grip to top of the ferrule. Same shaft, standard length.
Thanks, @Snowman! That's what mine measures, too.

Reason I ask is this: Looking down at the club at address I'm thinking "I like this club much better at address than my X2 Hot." Then I got to wondering why. So I measured each shaft. Lo and behold: The Mav Max is about 1/2" shorter, from heel to top of grip, and about 3/4" shorter from top of ferrule to top of grip.

Hit the Mav Max today and so far it’s a little faster and launches lower than EF.
Encouraged.
I got rushed at the PGATSS and waited too long to hit driver. It was first time there and I lost some time learning how the system works. BTW hitting with a face covering indoor is tough. I wore a gator and was sweating. Just not fun.

Stock shaft, Riptide 55g 5.5
Blue Ventus 5R
GD Tour AD IZ-5 Reg
Fun to play with the different combos.
Which of these launches the highest for you ?

Pulled the trigger. I got the Mav 12* on Globals U try it and loved the head but didn’t care for Helium 4 shaft it had.
the head though with my gamer shaft at the time (Even FlowGreen) was longer than my Flash with the same shaft. Then I tried a riptide in my Flash and it was longer than my Even flow. So hoping it’s a double whammy ( Mav with Riptide)

7A1D61D5-A1DF-4B07-BC4B-727A01EF2FF6.jpeg

Used the stock Riptide shaft in the Max again today and performed well for me. 11/14 fairways, no slices and the 3 misses where up the left side that just didn't fade back enough but where all playable.

only 1 of 7 fairways with the max yesterday, but the misses were just barely off the fairway and totally playable. hit a couple bombs by my standard, even though i didn't perfectly connect. swing work might be paying off, even though there's more improvement to be made. i do want to test some more drivers in 2021, but i'm kinda struggling to put my finger on what i would want a new driver to do differently. i made some less than perfect swings yesterday, all of which were in play. and my better (but not perfect) swings produced great results. i mean, what more can you ask than that???

only 1 of 7 fairways with the max yesterday, but the misses were just barely off the fairway and totally playable. hit a couple bombs by my standard, even though i didn't perfectly connect. swing work might be paying off, even though there's more improvement to be made. i do want to test some more drivers in 2021, but i'm kinda struggling to put my finger on what i would want a new driver to do differently. i made some less than perfect swings yesterday, all of which were in play. and my better (but not perfect) swings produced great results. i mean, what more can you ask than that???

That's a great problem to have going into 2021.
The Mavrik lineup has been so well-rounded from my small amount of testing and all of the reviews on this thread.

Back