Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

With the Mavrik SZ I now have 2 things in common.... along with the fact I love milk (chocolate) 😉
Get a weight kit. I settled on 12g back and 6g forward.

Did a bit of weight adjustment on my Max tonight. Heel weight changed from 14 to 16 and the back weight from 2 to 6.
Now just need to get out and do some testing, but might be the weekend before that is possible.

Cashed in the CPO cards... Mav SZ on the way.

Add me to the list of Mavrik Driver owners! Got the SZ 10.5 thanks to THP Instagram contest! Just received it today and I’m anxious to get it out! Problem for me is I’m limited to half swings due to rotator cuff recovery and it will be a while until I progress to full swings! But I’m still planning to take some swings as part of recovery motivation!

View attachment 8984795View attachment 8984796View attachment 8984797

Great win Stemmy.....take your time in rehab but I think you’ll be hitting bombs soon enough!

I was just thinking about my driver. I remember having an absolutely killer round with the weight forward and then swapping it back to the rear position for a while where it ended up staying. I don’t know why I didn’t give it more of a chance with the weight forward.

What are the weight setups for you other SZ users? Did you try it in other configurations?

I was just thinking about my driver. I remember having an absolutely killer round with the weight forward and then swapping it back to the rear position for a while where it ended up staying. I don’t know why I didn’t give it more of a chance with the weight forward.

What are the weight setups for you other SZ users? Did you try it in other configurations?
I think it is a matter of finding the right balance, ball flight and spin.
Started 14 back, 2 forward.
tried 12back 8 forward
10/6
settled on 12/6, seems perfect.

I think it is a matter of finding the right balance, ball flight and spin.
Started 14 back, 2 forward.
tried 12back 8 forward
10/6
settled on 12/6, seems perfect.
For sure it is. I have done heavy weight forward in every SZ up to this point. Always seemed to feel the best and give the best results. I think I’ll give it more of an effort when spring rolls around. Now that my tennis elbow seems to be improving, I’ll try adding a little more weight to the head too.

Hit a lot of fairways today and had some of my longest drives ever for me. SZ seems to be working well for me compared to the max and will keep it in the bag.

So glad the SZ is working well for you, Snicks. But this just means you are stuck with the same tees as me and Radi next year. ;). (Granted Radi should have his own set...)

So glad the SZ is working well for you, Snicks. But this just means you are stuck with the same tees as me and Radi next year. ;). (Granted Radi should have his own set...)
I hit one bomb and you want me to stay there. Gotta move up to I can at least see @radiman ball when I get to mine.

Granted Radi should have his own set...
That’s what the handicap system is for. Or, feel free to move back a tee or two with me 😎

Which is obviously flawed if Snicks is giving you pops. :ROFLMAO:
Ya that is getting fixed when they re rate the couse in the New Year. Guess they got tired of me asking for it.
@radiman

Which is obviously flawed if Snicks is giving you pops. :ROFLMAO:
Lol, Snicks has been giving me nothing but eye roll emojis all day and now you get a fist bump. Haha, hey man, I didn’t write the rules. I just do my best to live by them.

Lol, Snicks has been giving me nothing but eye roll emojis all day and now you get a fist bump. Haha, hey man, I didn’t write the rules. I just do my best to live by them.
Maybe we should play in early Spring when you are just coming out of hibernation, all rusty.

Maybe we should play in early Spring when you are just coming out of hibernation, all rusty.
My secret is I’m always all rusty.

Add me to the list of Mavrik Driver owners! Got the SZ 10.5 thanks to THP Instagram contest! Just received it today and I’m anxious to get it out! Problem for me is I’m limited to half swings due to rotator cuff recovery and it will be a while until I progress to full swings! But I’m still planning to take some swings as part of recovery motivation!

View attachment 8984795View attachment 8984796View attachment 8984797

Enjoy! You'll love it once you're able to go full boat on it. Love my SZ and it's helped me a ton this year.

I can't wait.... I had great success with Epic Flash SZ and this will just build on that!
Oh man. This should feel miles better than the epic flash. At least in my opinion. I think you’ll really like it.

Been Hitting the Mav Max in the dome -
Struggled a little bit with Riptide as I wasn't getting the ball speeds I was getting from EF
Switch shafts to my Nemesys and Bingo - Ball speeds up 5MPH.

Going to CC on Christmas Eve to see if I can get the Mav to beat the EF.
Well my Mavrik Max is on its way back to CPO. Went to Club Champion to do a Woods fitting. Tried MM with the Riptide and that was a no go. Changed the the Nemesys shaft and the ball speed jumped up. Then went back to gamer, Epic Flash and it wasn’t close. Ball Speed was at least 2 MPH faster and spin was better. So I’m going to wait for the Callaway 2021 “Redacted” Green Monster

Back