Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Oh man. This should feel miles better than the epic flash. At least in my opinion. I think you’ll really like it.
It'll definitely sound better!

Now that I'm getting my swing back after a 5 Mo. hiatus. The Mavrik Max is starting to come back to life. Hope to get back to the 250+ range on a consistent basis. Instead of 220 one swing, 270 the next, and then they ever present snap hook.

Seeing some pics of the new Epic lineup and they look incredible

I was just thinking about my driver. I remember having an absolutely killer round with the weight forward and then swapping it back to the rear position for a while where it ended up staying. I don’t know why I didn’t give it more of a chance with the weight forward.

What are the weight setups for you other SZ users? Did you try it in other configurations?
The heavy weight is in the front to get flight and spin down.

If there is a brand that could upend and infiltrate my whole 2021 bag setup.........Def Callaway.

This was my one Golf Club Purchase of 2020. 2019 were the Apex Irons which were a major hit, and the driver was even better than the irons in terms of statistics. 2021 I will look at Wedges and/or a 3 wood.

From when I got the driver which was in Mid-February to my last round this past Sunday I hit a career high 56.7% of fairways. Most in a round was 12 on June 9th.

Now while the distances haven't been stellar, I was content with finding fairways consistently. About 2 weeks ago I started to work on making more of a turn, the club more parallel on the backswing and using my legs more. Last round was the first time I saw it pay dividends with a higher ball flight but also a few extra yards. The one that stood out to me was hitting a drive 240 into the wind, that was my "ok this is gonna work for 2021" moment.

Overall the Mavrik Max has been sensational for 2020. I love hitting the driver and the biggest thing was getting fit for the proper shaft which has been the HZRDS Smoke which produced substantial gains compared to my previous driver, the Rogue.

I would recommend this driver to anyone who is pondering this looking for distance, max forgiveness, confidence, and overall performance.

I am an admitted club ho. There are a couple drivers that have caught my attention. But the Mavrik's shape and feel will keep it in the bag for 2021. I just love having speed and forgiveness in a sleek shape.

Getting excited. Will get the SZ TD on the course the the first time next week while on vacation. Swing is feeling great and now ready to see what this thing can do in the Wild! Even though I got it in early October still super excited about what will transpire. Such a great feeling and looking driver with performance to match. And as bad as my swing has been at times in the last several weeks at the range, I haven’t hit a single duck hook nor even a bad hook. Slight hook yes. That just gives me so much confidence as I’m sure it would many that suffer this affliction! Will report back.

Happy new year! Out with the old and in with the new is fine but my Standard Mavrik is not going anywhere. This driver is good for me when I am struggling keeping the ball in play or at least on the property. I have improved in the last part of 2020 and when I am swinging well this thing is a very freaky girl, the kind you don't take home to mama. Distance claims are hard to prove but I can say with confidence that the Mavrik line is among the longest ever produced. The forgiveness is very real and the sound of the STD. brings tears of joy as the ball rockets off the face. My all black custom head paired with the Tensei Orange shaft is a lethal combination that is safe at the top of my bag.

Ok guys! Is anyone thinking about moving from the Mavrik to the 2021 Callaway driver when it becomes available?

Ok guys! Is anyone thinking about moving from the Mavrik to the 2021 Callaway driver when it becomes available?
I guess there’s always a chance. But, it had to prove itself to be better this time around. No more blind upgrades. The Mav had proven itself to be worthy. I’m not going to throw that away for no reason.

I guess there’s always a chance. But, it had to prove itself to be better this time around. No more blind upgrades. The Mav had proven itself to be worthy. I’m not going to throw that away for no reason.

completely agree with this

I'll never say never, but it would have to be awfully, awfully good to woo me away from the Mav Max.

Unlikely for me. Very happy with my Mavrik SZ and the numbers I have been getting here this winter. Hope to put some swings on it though.

A couple of the new models will get a good long look. I’m hearing stories of better sound, more stability on mishit, lower spin and refined head shapes.

A couple of the new models will get a good long look. I’m hearing stories of better sound, more stability on mishit, lower spin and refined head shapes.
I've been toying with the idea of trying to find a sub zero head to try out as I get a touch too much spin with the standard. I'm also on the fence of saving that cash and waiting for whatever new may be coming to give it a test. It's the first year I've joined a simulator league here in the winter so at least the swing won't get too rusty!

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

I have a hard time figuring out how anybody can find something to complain about with the sound of the Mavrik. I don't know if the SZ and Standard sound radically different from the Max, but I don't find anything objectionable about the sound at all. I hit an Epic Flash before I bought my Mav and it was definitely louder and more metallic, so I could see it from there, but the Mav sounds pretty good to me.

I have a hard time figuring out how anybody can find something to complain about with the sound of the Mavrik. I don't know if the SZ and Standard sound radically different from the Max, but I don't find anything objectionable about the sound at all. I hit an Epic Flash before I bought my Mav and it was definitely louder and more metallic, so I could see it from there, but the Mav sounds pretty good to me.
I play with @shanewu a lot and he has the Epic Flash, there is definitely a sound difference. I will take the Max and SZ sound any day over the Epic Flash. Just wish I had some of his distance.

the sound was very important to Callaway with the Mavrik release. It’s one thing they were really trying to show in their presentation to the team during the 2019 Grandaddy. They knew they had to fix the acoustics and they nailed it with all three heads.

Yep. The Sub Zero fairway is going to stay for a bit, but my Mavriks are going up for sale this week. Not a bad thing to say about them, but only room for so many things in the bag. Moving on. 😢

Last edited:
My most recent SZ is a cracker. Different shape and sound to begin with, move the weights around, and it's amplified. Still love it, but it's loud. I've posted videos since Feb. on how they sounds with the weight split more evenly. Doesn't change that it's a great performer.

Just a nice casual 12/14 FIR today with the Mavrik SZ. Nothing crazy long and the 2 misses where both playable and only a couple yards off the fairway.

Just a nice casual 12/14 FIR today with the Mavrik SZ. Nothing crazy long and the 2 misses where both playable and only a couple yards off the fairway.

Back