Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Is was able to sneak out and play 9 holes today, in Michigan! First time on the course with my Max,and a word I would use to describe the Max = Wow! I don't l know if it just fits me well or is the technology just that much better than my XR16? First tee I just pounded one out into the fairway to places I have rarely been. Great distance and forgiveness. I feel like this is a good match for me and look forward to using it this summer. I purchased it from CPO at a great price. I also have a Mav 4w but didn't really hit that so well, feels like it may be a bit long in the shaft?

Is was able to sneak out and play 9 holes today, in Michigan! First time on the course with my Max,and a word I would use to describe the Max = Wow! I don't l know if it just fits me well or is the technology just that much better than my XR16? First tee I just pounded one out into the fairway to places I have rarely been. Great distance and forgiveness. I feel like this is a good match for me and look forward to using it this summer. I purchased it from CPO at a great price. I also have a Mav 4w but didn't really hit that so well, feels like it may be a bit long in the shaft?
Glad to hear it! I’ve only used my Mav Max in cool weather, so I can’t speak much to distance although it was as long as my old R1 was in the summer. I noticed a huuuge difference in forgiveness though!

Well I blind ordered a 9* mavrik max coming from a 10.5 g400 max. Trying to knock down some spin and keep the forgiveness. Hoping the Riptide 60 shaft is stable as well.

I tried a Recoil 450 ES F3 shaft that I had sitting around in the Mavrik SZ 9° head today. This might turn out to be a really good combo. I was hitting really nice small draws all day off the tee. I thought it would have a higher ball flight but was staying at what I would call a medium-high for me. I will see how it does tomorrow in higher winds.

Anyone test the new Epics and like the Mavrik more? I am addicted to the sound and feel of my Standard Mavrik. Been trying the TSi3 and I love it, but the sound and feel of Mavrik keeps me coming back. I have the Speed and LS coming because any extra forgiveness will be a plus, but man the Standard Mavrik keeps reminding me why I loved it so much last year.

Anyone test the new Epics and like the Mavrik more? I am addicted to the sound and feel of my Standard Mavrik. Been trying the TSi3 and I love it, but the sound and feel of Mavrik keeps me coming back. I have the Speed and LS coming because any extra forgiveness will be a plus, but man the Standard Mavrik keeps reminding me why I loved it so much last year.

I'll admit that I like my Mav Standard pretty well, and was not blown off the map by the new Epic Speed line. A few small picky things visually, and my first hitting session didn't immediately hit any of them real well. Second time hitting them I liked them better, but I'm not itching to swap the Mavrik. I've been thinking I should give them a third chance, but it has not been a lust at first kind of thing. My fitter did comment that he was seeing lots of good ballspeed from folks with the Speed, and that comment is still with me.

I haven't compared the two, I only can compare it to my XR16 my Max just replace. Right off the bat the sound of this driver was so pleasing to my ear, as well as how solid it felt. I purchased a Max from CPO this past fall and only hit it at the range once, then I took it on the course the other day and was wowed by it's sound and performance.

I tested the whole line (against my Mavrik SZ I’ve used all year) and while they looked and felt awesome, I was way down on ball speed and up in spin. Crazy, but looks like I’ll be all in on the Mav sequel next year!

Been toying around with the idea of moving on from my Mavrik SZ and going to the new Epic Speed Max LS or something else.. Don't know why - maybe I'm bored. But I like the conversation that's going on with this.

The last Callaway driver I had was the xr16. Should be interesting to see what the max brings when it comes in.

I have a Custom Speed otw, but it will be hard to beat out the Mavrik. Sound and feel are superb. Mav has beaten out all newcombers thus far.

Another solid day with the Mav Max yesterday. I hit 60% of my fairways, and the misses were still playable. I think one got away from me, but that was pure lazy swing and not club related.

I plugged in the AD-DI IZ yesterday and it held up well. I liked how it felt through the swing, but I did have a couple of times where i didn't time it and i hit a fade/slice. I previous had the Ventus Blue in, and i don't know the technical comparisons, but the Ventus just felt better through the hitting zone.

For now I will plug the Ventus back in and once the ZX5 gets here I'll have a bag battle and see which one ends up in the bag.

Another solid day with the Mav Max yesterday. I hit 60% of my fairways, and the misses were still playable. I think one got away from me, but that was pure lazy swing and not club related.

I plugged in the AD-DI IZ yesterday and it held up well. I liked how it felt through the swing, but I did have a couple of times where i didn't time it and i hit a fade/slice. I previous had the Ventus Blue in, and i don't know the technical comparisons, but the Ventus just felt better through the hitting zone.

For now I will plug the Ventus back in and once the ZX5 gets here I'll have a bag battle and see which one ends up in the bag.
Let us know how that goes. I think the zx5 could be a good match. Do you need to knock down some spin?

I tried out a few hits with the Mav max. It's cut down an inch and I think the swing weight is light. The stock riptide shaft actually feels pretty stiff to flex. Once I get a proper grip and the swing weight right it should be good to go.

I did this past week with the same fitter that fit me into my MAVRIK. It wasn't very close for me - after about 20 swings and three shafts he put it away and told me it will never beat the MAVRIK for me.

I haven't compared the two, I only can compare it to my XR16 my Max just replace. Right off the bat the sound of this driver was so pleasing to my ear, as well as how solid it felt. I purchased a Max from CPO this past fall and only hit it at the range once, then I took it on the course the other day and was wowed by it's sound and performance.

I went from the XR16 to the Mav Max as well, and as much as I enjoyed the XR16, the Max far exceeded my expectations.

We are giving one away here.

I had just an ok swing with me this week and I still was able to hit some good drives with the Standard Mav. Didn't hit the center of the face once and I was still able to put a couple out in the 270-280 range when I wasn't hitting dead into the wind. There will be a top of bag fitting for me this year, but don't know that anything will be able to kick this one out. Such a solid performer and plenty forgiving when my swing doesn't go completely off the rails.

I am reading in different posts that the Mav is doing as well as the Epic line.

First round of the year and the Mavrik Max was showing off! Had 2 drives over 290 despite temps in the high 40’s and really felt confident I could put the ball where I needed to.

Has anyone tried adding hot melt to the max? I may try adding some to the toe. I have the 14g in the back which I think is the heaviest I can get.

First round of the year and the Mavrik Max was showing off! Had 2 drives over 290 despite temps in the high 40’s and really felt confident I could put the ball where I needed to.
It has such a solid contact feel to me, doesn't it!

the last two rounds 10/14 & 12/14 fwys hit with only 2 penalties off the tee. The Mav Max and Ventus Blue combination unlocked some distance for me and tightened my dispersion. The penalties were just bad swings so I will not worry too much about those.

it's like the driver knows I have a ZX5 incoming.

the last two rounds 10/14 & 12/14 fwys hit with only 2 penalties off the tee. The Mav Max and Ventus Blue combination unlocked some distance for me and tightened my dispersion. The penalties were just bad swings so I will not worry too much about those.

it's like the driver knows I have a ZX5 incoming.
0B2C8F05-DB08-40DA-9CD3-1A7FC14EEA1F.gif

Back