Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I have only played 2 rounds this year, but the driver has been the star of the show for me.

I cannot see upgrading to the Epic the way I am hitting this thing, it is just so good.

I have only played 2 rounds this year, but the driver has been the star of the show for me.

I cannot see upgrading to the Epic the way I am hitting this thing, it is just so good.

I did....don’t fear change.

No fear of change, but if it ain't broke...
This ^^^^^

Make no mistake: I like shiny new stuff as much as the next person, but, where something like golf is concerned: If a club is performing well for me, and particularly if I feel what's holding me back is me, not the club, I'll stick with what I have.

Well, usually :) Ironically, the one exception so far has been my driver. I was hitting well, very well, with my X2 Hot, but I bought a Mav Max anyway. Somewhat because my miss is usually a fade/slice, and I figured the Max would help with that, but just as much "just because."

the last two rounds 10/14 & 12/14 fwys hit with only 2 penalties off the tee. The Mav Max and Ventus Blue combination unlocked some distance for me and tightened my dispersion. The penalties were just bad swings so I will not worry too much about those.
I am reading many posts like this, and they reflect my logic and sentiment exactly. The first time I hit this driver on the course my first reaction was "wow, that is something else"! The solid feeling I had I hadn't had in my last driver (xr16). So far, totally impressed.

No fear of change, but if it ain't broke...

Plus I am trying to buy a house, and if that happens, I WILL be broke

I don’t wait to buy new toys when the old toys break. No fun. If that was the case I’d still be using an IPhone 6.

I love my std Mav. Bought a TSi3 to try because I like the look of the head a bit better and in the monitor I was getting results that were competitive with the Mav. Played a round with it and it was fine but the Mav (for me) was more stable and if I really went after the TSi and missed, the results were a 4k+ spin machine that blocked right (sold the Titleist already). Have an Epic Speed std on the way to try. Sounds like it is offering a bit more ball speed on off center strikes (which seems to be the marketing for every brand, every year). If I like it more, that's great, if not, I know I have a driver that really ticks all the boxes for me in the std Mav.

Snuck out to the range at lunch time with MAV SZ 10.5 for the first time (well, more so first time of full swings).... while I didn't push the petal to the metal I was taking some relatively aggressive swings. Previous gamer Epic SZ (2019)10.5

While I had an idea of sound/feel of MAV having taken pseudo 1/2 swings several times, I can confirm that MAV sound/feel is BETTER than my Epic (2019). The launch and peak height are very similar in the MAV when compared to Epic, but the shafts are different. MAV is set up with PX Riptide R-flex; Epic with PX Smoke black... Mav shaft was creating a bit of a whip effect.... while it was great to see a draw on the ball, many were hooks.... and I mean hooks!
However, when I backed off the throttle just a little the MAV combo was actually longer carry and dispersion was probably a bit tighter (I attribute that to just backing off a bit). Regardless of shaft, I absolutely love the look, sound/feel of the MAV and while this is 'old' 2020 technology, its definitely won over the bag spot for the early part of 2021 in just one range session.... now I really need to understand what shaft makes the most sense for my swing tendencies, but if I can subconsciously throttle my swing back :rolleyes: ;)I think Riptide shaft set up will work! (probably swap shafts :p)
Anxious to be able to play relatively soon.... need to get over a couple rehab hurdles in the coming weeks before my PT will green light me..... Hope to be able to hit the range more frequently and get some more perspective with this driver!

Played 18 yesterday and had a mixed bag of success. This was not a club issue, it's a result of a poor swing. First 9 holes I was searching for an answer as I was pull hooking the ball often with the Max. Made a swing adjustment and the driver was shining like a star. I don't care which driver, shaft, head, grip a golfer has, if your swing is poor you will get poor results. Once I straightened my swing out, this driver is so solid, just impressive.

I've been tinkering a bit with the max with a small sample size because nothing is open yet. However the best results so far are with the heavy weight in the heel and a 75gr black tie shaft.

Swing was not great on the today and I did hit a few bad drives, but on the back nine I started off with a new record 304 yard drive and absolutely pounded the ball.

I’ve just bought a 9 degree Mavrik driver so am hoping to get out with it once the courses reopen here next week. Fingers crossed it will be as good as all the comments say
You'll like it alot. Easy to hit, workable if needed.

Each time I go out to the course with this driver I am impressed. Great Max driver!

High, straight, nasty bombs. Uphill and into the wind of course :LOL:
357C364A-D8EC-414D-9932-60C182C96D36.jpeg

Just regripped mine. I'm going to do a top of bag fitting this year at some point, but just not sure I have any real need to move on from this driver.

I have just bought my first mavrik driver or say two.
Get a really nice deal on a 9 degrees and one SZ 9 degrees. Couldn't decid with of them i like most so i bought both to test on the course.
Also i upgrade with a Mavrik staff tour bag. Really whant to come out to the course now. 🙂

I have just bought my first mavrik driver or say two.
Get a really nice deal on a 9 degrees and one SZ 9 degrees. Couldn't decid with of them i like most so i bought both to test on the course.
Also i upgrade with a Mavrik staff tour bag. Really whant to come out to the course now. 🙂
Nice! I’ve been after a Mavrik staff tour bag for ages but can’t find one anywhere 😕

So I thought I would experiment a bit today and turned the Mavrik SZ 9° to a setting of +2/N and it worked out just fine. Better ball flight, seemed like more carry and still got some rollout. Missed 3 fairways and only 2 where bad but still playable.
With this setup and the Ventus Blue it should be a great combo the rest of the season.

I’ve been hitting my Mavrik great so far. It’s taken down the SIM2 Max, G425 Max, rad XB and Rad XD. Got a fitting scheduled this week with Callaway. Interested to see if they can beat it.

Nice! I’ve been after a Mavrik staff tour bag for ages but can’t find one anywhere 😕

I live in Sweden and find a guy that wanna change his Mavrik staffbag against my Diablo staffbag. I couldn't say no to that deals, best of all. His bag was brand new and mine not. 😬

I wonder one thing. Is the standard mavrik so much easier to hit and the SZ model?

Stopped by the PGASS and hit a Rad Xb, along with a B21, both in 10.5* sporting Riptide 5.5 shafts. I previously hit a standard Rad about a month ago but didn’t care for it. Hit about 25 balls each. I hit them well and they had comparable numbers on the sim. Little less spin with the Xb. The pro who was working with me said to keep my Mav Max for now. I dropped off my Helium shaft to be tipped 1.25”, making it 44.5, and stiffen it a bit. Also going to swap the weights and put the 14g heavy weight in the heel. Plan on getting to the range Friday to give it a try with the new changes.

Back