Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Ha. Hmm. I'd tend to suggest something a little more in the middle ground. The standard is a great looking head. Sits square. Plenty low spin. Slight draw bias.

I honestly didn't get a chance to check the Max out myself. So, I don't have much comparison for you.

The RipTide in the regular head is a killer combo. That's what I would be ordering if I pull the trigger.

Ha. Hmm. I'd tend to suggest something a little more in the middle ground. The standard is a great looking head. Sits square. Plenty low spin. Slight draw bias.

I honestly didn't get a chance to check the Max out myself. So, I don't have much comparison for you.
If I can find a few minutes to drive to a store located an hour away, I’m going to try to hit them. But that trade bump is sooo good.

If I can find a few minutes to drive to a store located an hour away, I’m going to try to hit them. But that trade bump is sooo good.
Oh yeah, it's a great promotion. Does it expire soon?

And Cycloooonnnneeee

I’ve seen a lot of PGA and Champions Tour Callaway staffers with the new Mavrik. Did the tour pros game the Rogue series like this?

I got to hit this driver again last night paired with the Riptide. Man does this driver perform. That shaft is also something special. Put my Flash in the Riptide as well and just don't see the same consistency. Mavrik is something special lol

Cross posting this here... originally posted in an older thread:

I sought out a Mavrik Driver to hit this morning - and it was good. ? My local shop had Mavrik fitting heads, Speedzone, and SIM all available, so I spent some time playing around with a couple settings on each to start seeing what I might get out of them.

Mavrik was the standout of the day, combined with a Riptide 60g 6.0 shaft. My swing is squarely in mid-winter hibernation, and, in that state something about the combo was letting me link up much more consistent contact. I was swinging more freely and with better speed. I felt like the Mavrik was perhaps a bit lighter head making it easier to swing, or maybe the aero is working really well. The driver was the best feeling of the three for me, and looking at results my launch angle and spin were the best, and consistency basically was the class of the session.

Results below are with no throwaways,and there are some wild shots in there. Since this is a real rough first pass, there may be much that can be done yet with a better grooved action and better club setups to make SpeedZone and SIM perform. More testing is needed and I'm not done yet. Playing the swing I've got - Mavrik put up some numbers fresh off the couch that rival my mid-summer numbers from last year. Easily falling in a groove with a club is something I like to see - this is a starting point that could work out!

IMG_5650.jpg

Check out those blue numbers!
MavrikTesting.png

Love the copper look on these.

The name is kinda lame, though.

Last edited:
How does the Riptide shaft compare to the Smoke?

Redirecting the answer to your question into this thread - I am not the best shaft tester, and was more focused on heads than shafts this time around. So quick thoughts are, I only played Riptide in the Mavrik, it was a pretty instant success for me. I seemed to sync up with it really well. Smooth with a nice tight pop and good head feel. I forgot to even turn it over and look at the graphics in hand ? More time needed absolutely.

Smoke Yellow I've hit a few times and never really been outstanding for me... not bad but not better. I get on better with Red, which I really like in my Z585, or Smoke Black, and I I'm not sure I understand entirely why.

Wow, nothing could touch the Mavrik 10 degree.

Not close today, not even.

I need to stop reading this thread. I have in my head what I want, but the more I read everyone else's experiences the more I want one more session to try a couple different setups before I pull the trigger on my purchase. Need. More. Data.

I had to drop something off at Austads this afternoon. I took a couple quick swings with the Mavrik SZ with Rogue White 130 70x. Oh man, what a combo. That shaft is everything I remember it being.

I didn't get a chance to hit either during my fitting, so it is really my first experience with the head and the shaft. The SZ appears to be noticeably flatter in lie angle than the standard. The Rogue White has some pretty decent feedback. Feels very robust in its profile if that makes sense.

Didn't spend more than a couple cold swings with it. Very impressed visually. And, still blown away that the Rogue White is a stock shaft. I love the feel of the Ventus I got fit for. But, if I would have walked out with a Rogue White, I'd be perfectly fine with it.

Got a couple of pictures today. I’m no pro but I really liked the way these turned out. This combo with the GD Tour shaft just feels so good, I can’t wait to get back out on the course.
E51426A4-AC6B-464E-806D-B63283D09C78.jpeg
4198871C-F608-4435-B69D-2C8B6849A8BD.jpeg

A7B129DC-2462-41A7-81ED-27FFB3D2178E.jpeg

Does anyone have a link to the trade-in bonus promo info? I have been looking and cannot find.

Does anyone have a link to the trade-in bonus promo info? I have been looking and cannot find.

Add a Mavrik club to your cart on Callaways website and add the promo code BONUSMAV in the box. When you go back to the Mavrik product page you’ll see a link for the promo information.

Cross posting this here... originally posted in an older thread:

I sought out a Mavrik Driver to hit this morning - and it was good. ? My local shop had Mavrik fitting heads, Speedzone, and SIM all available, so I spent some time playing around with a couple settings on each to start seeing what I might get out of them.

Mavrik was the standout of the day, combined with a Riptide 60g 6.0 shaft. My swing is squarely in mid-winter hibernation, and, in that state something about the combo was letting me link up much more consistent contact. I was swinging more freely and with better speed. I felt like the Mavrik was perhaps a bit lighter head making it easier to swing, or maybe the aero is working really well. The driver was the best feeling of the three for me, and looking at results my launch angle and spin were the best, and consistency basically was the class of the session.

Results below are with no throwaways,and there are some wild shots in there. Since this is a real rough first pass, there may be much that can be done yet with a better grooved action and better club setups to make SpeedZone and SIM perform. More testing is needed and I'm not done yet. Playing the swing I've got - Mavrik put up some numbers fresh off the couch that rival my mid-summer numbers from last year. Easily falling in a groove with a club is something I like to see - this is a starting point that could work out!

View attachment 8923634

Check out those blue numbers!
View attachment 8923633

Dang I need to really test this driver out!!! If it could out-drive my current gamer but 20 yards, it’s in the bag no question!

That increase in ball speed is nice! Strike related or just more confident?

Add a Mavrik club to your cart on Callaways website and add the promo code BONUSMAV in the box. When you go back to the Mavrik product page you’ll see a link for the promo information.

How does that 50% work again? Meaning the trade in is worth 50% of the value of the club ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back