Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Well my Mavrik Max came today. I usually play Driver at 44.5". I read earlier in this thread (way too big for me to go back and find it now) that callaway is changing the way that they measure the length and that the 45.75" was actually still 45.5" so i ordered minus 1 inch. And sure enough it is same length as my other driver at 44.5". It worked perfect for me so thanks for whoever put that info in here as I was about to order minus 1.25". Also just for reference in case anybody wanted to know they put a 5 gram weight in heel and 14 gram weight in the back at -1 inch. I thought they would use more weight than just that extra 3 grams but the feel seems pretty perfect to me. Hopefully I will be able to get it out and hit it soon.

DSC01140-XL.jpg

Sweet picture we just need to get that burnt orange off of it

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

Sweet picture we just need to get that burnt orange off of it

Almost Fiddy Plus 2
Hahahaha, it’s copper looking enough I’m alright with it surprisingly.

Hahahaha, it’s copper looking enough I’m alright with it surprisingly.

I can work with that

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

I hit the Mavrik and Mavrik SZ indoors today with a Trackman and the test was inconclusive against my Epic SZ. The sound is tougher to judge indoors but is much better than the Flash SZ. I didn't have my "A" or even "B" swing today so I'll have to give another couple days of testing before I pull the trigger. I'll likely wait until I can hit it outside in April. I still trust my eyes as much as a Trackman, lol.

I hit the Mavrik and Mavrik SZ indoors today with a Trackman and the test was inconclusive against my Epic SZ. The sound is tougher to judge indoors but is much better than the Flash SZ. I didn't have my "A" or even "B" swing today so I'll have to give another couple days of testing before I pull the trigger. I'll likely wait until I can hit it outside in April. I still trust my eyes as much as a Trackman, lol.

Wow!! You have true patience!! Impressive.

Wow!! You have true patience!! Impressive.

My numbers are very, very, good with the Epic SZ. I used to buy at least 2 drivers every year and now I've had my Epic SZ in play for almost 3 years. The Flash SZ was about 2 yards longer for me but I wouldn't play it if it was free because of the sound. The Mavrik will go in my bag I'm sure this year but we still have frozen lakes to drive on for another couple months around here in the North.

I also hit Mavrik and Mavrik SZ today (on GC Hawk), both 10.5 heads set at standard. I also had my C-swing so results are somewhat hard to comment. In general, I hit the SZ and regular Mav equal peak height, the SZ launched slightly higher and spun about 2-300 less and leading to about 5 more yards carry, but such a small sample size there's not much there yet, probably more on me than anything. I'd want a better swing day to decide. I kind of like the standard head shape better than the SZ. Both are really nice to be honest.

So, I’m really hoping after this next weather hit to get out and just swing until I can’t anymore with this one. I know the AI face is legit, as a reviewer I have no issue saying that now, now I really want to find center mass and work out that Cyclone shaping. That’s where my head is now firmly at.

I want to add something pertaining to the video reviews out there.

Most of those dudes, don’t miss. That’s not where the story is here, not at all.

Most of those dudes, don’t miss. That’s not where the story is here, not at all.

Today I was a fair bit off while demo'ing, and my misses were really respectable. Great point.

Exactly. This was on my mind this evening. This day and age, most major contenders are going to produce similar ball speeds off the center of the face. Where the Mavrik line shines is in their ability to create a more forgiving package without having to make design concessions like ultra low and back weights in the standard for instance.

I really want to see the standard Mavrik in hand to compare to the sub zero. I also plan on taking my g410 lst in to compare against both. @Jman any chance you can snap a pic of the Mavrik beside your 410?

Well said. The fitting guy when I tried them was so confused at first when I was moving it around the face of each of them, but I really wanted to see how well they did on mishits. I was really impressed. Especially with the standard. We did comparison shots with my M5 I had with me, which isn't a great comparison, but man did those mavriks shine. Ball speed differences between them and the M were large. Even the sub zero.

Last edited:
I hit the mavrik again today and actually compared it to my EF SZ on a gc quad. The longer balls I hit today were with the EF SZ by quite a bit. But I will say the standard Mavrik feels way easier to control, kept a pretty tight dispersion pattern, and sounds way better IMO. I'm sort of torn. On one hand I have a driver that'll register the occasional 310yd carry bomb. On the other hand, I think I hit 1 ball out of 15 that was more than 10yds from the centerline with the Mavrik, and still averaged 271 carry. I have some pondering to do.

I hit the mavrik again today and actually compared it to my EF SZ on a gc quad. The longer balls I hit today were with the EF SZ by quite a bit. But I will say the standard Mavrik feels way easier to control, kept a pretty tight dispersion pattern, and sounds way better IMO. I'm sort of torn. On one hand I have a driver that'll register the occasional 310yd carry bomb. On the other hand, I think I hit 1 ball out of 15 that was more than 10yds from the centerline with the Mavrik, and still averaged 271 carry. I have some pondering to do.
You make me a short knocker.

Back