Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Some of these custom drivers are hot looking.

I don't have the whole list, but here's all the info you requested for me:

Driver: Mavrik SZ 9* (playing at 8*, and the fitter recommended playing it at 7*)
Shaft: Ventus Black 6S
SS: 105-ish. It's been going up a bit lately, so it could be a touch higher.
Handicap: 0.7
Last Driver: Epic Flash SZ 9* (playing at 8*)
Shaft: HZRDUS Yellow 75
Hey bigsky, our profile is almost identical for a driver. Really interested to follow your golf season.

Hey bigsky, our profile is almost identical for a driver. Really interested to follow your golf season.

Likewise man! You're going to have such a great year getting ready for the GD.

I'm excited to get the Mavrik on the launch monitor soon as I've already decided I'm buying one. I want my swing a little more dialed in before I go through a full fitting as I've only played 4 rounds since the end of October when our club shut down for the winter.

I'm sure the SZ version will be the one and I'm intrigued to see how the new "made for" Rogue White 130 msi shaft performs compared to my gamer, a Rogue 70 I/O 110 msi. The Rogue Silver 130 msi shaft has been good for me in other heads but Callaway is charging an extra $300 for it with the Mavrik.

I'm excited to get the Mavrik on the launch monitor soon as I've already decided I'm buying one. I want my swing a little more dialed in before I go through a full fitting as I've only played 4 rounds since the end of October when our club shut down for the winter.

I'm sure the SZ version will be the one and I'm intrigued to see how the new "made for" Rogue White 130 msi shaft performs compared to my gamer, a Rogue 70 I/O 110 msi. The Rogue Silver 130 msi shaft has been good for me in other heads but Callaway is charging an extra $300 for it with the Mavrik.
Definitely give the standard a try as well can’t wait to hear your results!

Definitely give the standard a try as well can’t wait to hear your results!

I will give them both a try and keep an open mind but my launch is normally high. My current set up is an Epic SZ with a Rogue 70 I/O set to 8* and it still launches high.

Hit the standard and the max at PGASS today. No bueno on the standard. Hit the max just OK. Max just did not have enough oomph for me. Ball off the face not impressed.

Can confirm reports that the Mavrik makes ball go far. Maybe @mikeg_74 wont notice his driver missing.

I will give them both a try and keep an open mind but my launch is normally high. My current set up is an Epic SZ with a Rogue 70 I/O set to 8* and it still launches high.

The good thing is that the adapters have not changed and you could test the Mavrik with your Rogue 70 I/O.

So, the middle of the face on this one is more fun than the heel I’ve been living on, fun fact.:p

Hit the standard and the max at PGASS today. No bueno on the standard. Hit the max just OK. Max just did not have enough oomph for me. Ball off the face not impressed.
What about the standard did you not jive with? Just really curious on everyone's thoughts good or bad.

The standard just did not feel right for me. Did not like the sound or the ball flight.

The standard just did not feel right for me. Did not like the sound or the ball flight.

it might be helpful to expand a little and say what specifically you didn't like, and what you prefer.

was the feel too firm? too soft?

was the sound too muted? too high pitched?

was the flight too high? too low? curving too much one way or the other?

Feel off the face felt hard. Sound was more of a thunk. Flight was too low and moved left to right even after moving the sliding weight to the draw position. Shaft was the Riptide.

I’m pretty sure I have read that the Rogue white isn’t a ‘made for’ shaft and is the real aftermarket version?

I'm really curious to see how you feel about the rogue white and the new mavriks in general, but especially the SZ because we both love playing a GBB Epic SZ 9 dialed down to 8 with a rogue silver 70. Which I did put on during testing. My responses here after were kind of scattered because I hit everything in a rush or during a lot of other activity, so you probably didn't see them. Makes me doubly curious to hear your reactions/results.

Feel off the face felt hard. Sound was more of a thunk. Flight was too low and moved left to right even after moving the sliding weight to the draw position. Shaft was the Riptide.
Hmm. If there's a sliding weight, it almost sounds like you were hitting last year's Epic Flash. Could also be why it felt hard off the face as the Epic Flash was kind of known for it's sharp sound.

Hmm. If there's a sliding weight, it almost sounds like you were hitting last year's Epic Flash. Could also be why it felt hard off the face as the Epic Flash was kind of known for it's sharp sound.

yeah, that's what I was wondering too

I hit this a bunch today as I work some good swing tips my Grandaddy teammates gave me recently. I was finding the middle of the face, and launching the Mav Max it on a higher trajectory than I'm used to seeing, which is a huge plus for me. I did loft up from 10.5 to 11.5 and set it to draw. I'm a little unsure on the draw setting right now. I hit a few that felt really good, and saw more draw than I car for. Next time out I'll try N setting. This Mav Max head set to 11.5* with my THCE16 shaft is going to a ton of fun this year.

My mistake on the sliding weight. That was on the SIM that I also hit. The Mavrik was all fades in the neutral position. Did not try any other setting.

Back