Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I did two different quasi fittings and the 1st was a dismal failure which I put off to mostly me (sick) and and a poorly structured demo. But the second time was on Dick's sim which while I don't put much into the quality of the information it was used more to see direct differences in the Flash SZ TD I own the the new mavriks.
A definite increase in CS and ball speed was seen which of course meant more yards, overall directional not a huge difference to me. Good swings went straight or slight pull, bad one faded and real bad one hooked or sliced so same with any other Driver...garbage in garbage out.

It will be seen once it is in hand and in real conditions how much more if any forgiveness it has over the Flash.

I did two different quasi fittings and the 1st was a dismal failure which I put off to mostly me (sick) and and a poorly structured demo. But the second time was on Dick's sim which while I don't put much into the quality of the information it was used more to see direct differences in the Flash SZ TD I own the the new mavriks.
A definite increase in CS and ball speed was seen which of course meant more yards, overall directional not a huge difference to me. Good swings went straight or slight pull, bad one faded and real bad one hooked or sliced so same with any other Driver...garbage in garbage out.

It will be seen once it is in hand and in real conditions how much more if any forgiveness it has over the Flash.

You purchased? What did you end up with setup-wise?

I picked up the standard Mavrik yesterday after trading in my Rogue. PGA Superstore is doing a 50 percent trade in bonus if you get a Mavrik so that helped take a little sting out of the price. Gonna take it to the range today and hopefully play a little executive course with it too. Honestly, I’m not a huge fan of the looks of this Driver, but I liked its feel and the numbers I was getting at the store. We will see what it does “live” today.

I will post my thoughts later!

Hope it goes well!

Did you like the Rogue?

Well, I’m most impressed with the launch to spin ratio I am seeing with this one, heck, this one and the fairway/hybo I’m reviewing.

Fibalky settling in on Friday and finding the middle I was seeing 12-14 launch numbers with spin staying in the 2500-2700 range, this at 10.5 standard with the 50S Riptide, so not even an optimal fit. What it shows me though is that the story is pretty validated, given the shape of the standard I’m reviewing, the AI face tech has done a job of helping to establish CG and launch/spin in a relationship different than the traditional HAVE to put weight either back or forward.

I’ll admit, it’s hard on me to post constant positive updates amidst the Grandaddy guys who’ve just come off the emotional experience of a lifetime (not a knock, I’ve been there) because there is an expectation of people just rolling their eyes and tuning it out as noise. Here is what I know though, launch is there, spin has for me in even a lighter and weaker to flex setup been where I like to see it, speed is there and going to be the next big focus for me. I’ve now taken it back over 160 but this week I’m going to compare to two others to try to sort out what JS Cyclone and what is just me...though my swing is winter rust ridden right now and I lean that the shape is probably going to get much credit.

I know it’ll make some of the internet-vultures riled up, but I have no negatives at this point other than it being too long for me stock, but most drivers are that way today, so that’s a non issue itself.

Hope it goes well!

Did you like the Rogue?

Loved the Rogue. Very Underrated driver. It was my favorite driver since the old Titleist 915 D2. Rogue was very forgiving and long but I was getting a few more yards with the Mavrik. Whether it’s more forgiving than the Rogue can be debated and I didn’t have enough of a sample size to determine that. But I’m looking forward to finding out. And it’s always nice to have the newest toy!

Well, I’m most impressed with the launch to spin ratio I am seeing with this one, heck, this one and the fairway/hybo I’m reviewing.

Fibalky settling in on Friday and finding the middle I was seeing 12-14 launch numbers with spin staying in the 2500-2700 range, this at 10.5 standard with the 50S Riptide, so not even an optimal fit. What it shows me though is that the story is pretty validated, given the shape of the standard I’m reviewing, the AI face tech has done a job of helping to establish CG and launch/spin in a relationship different than the traditional HAVE to put weight either back or forward.

I’ll admit, it’s hard on me to post constant positive updates amidst the Grandaddy guys who’ve just come off the emotional experience of a lifetime (not a knock, I’ve been there) because there is an expectation of people just rolling their eyes and tuning it out as noise. Here is what I know though, launch is there, spin has for me in even a lighter and weaker to flex setup been where I like to see it, speed is there and going to be the next big focus for me. I’ve now taken it back over 160 but this week I’m going to compare to two others to try to sort out what JS Cyclone and what is just me...though my swing is winter rust ridden right now and I lean that the shape is probably going to get much credit.

I know it’ll make some of the internet-vultures riled up, but I have no negatives at this point other than it being too long for me stock, but most drivers are that way today, so that’s a non issue itself.
Time to get your fave shafts in there.
So far ventus blue and AD-VR are freaking great combos for me

Once the review is complete it’ll happen. I’ve got the 60x Riptide waiting.

All you getting new Mavrik toys is making me jelly. I’d love to get one with the discount but my wife would kill me.

All you getting new Mavrik toys is making me jelly. I’d love to get one with the discount but my wife would kill me.

Oh heck no. She just busted me yesterday for the new wedge I ordered. :ROFLMAO:
LOL. I get the stank eye when a long box shows up at the front door. Another one???

LOL. I get the stank eye when a long box shows up at the front door. Another one???
The delivery guy stood it up so she could see it plain as day. Had it been laying on the ground she never would’ve noticed. Gonna have to have a talk with him about stealth delivering.

tell me more about the VR + mavrik combo please. ??

tell me more about the VR + mavrik combo please. ??
Grip was installed wrong from the factory so going to get it fixed but will post thorough impressions next weekend. It looks gorgeous, is super smooth, and produces a really lovely ball flight.

Grip was installed wrong from the factory so going to get it fixed but will post thorough impressions next weekend. It looks gorgeous, is super smooth, and produces a really lovely ball flight.

we talking 6x or 6s?

giphy.gif

Back