Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Well that was pretty interesting. First off, the improvement they have made with the sound is pretty astounding. This is just addictive to hit with the sound/feel.

I was hitting the standard with the Rogue shaft, and just absolutely launching it to space. Have completely rebuilt my swing the last few months, so that is probably a lot to do with it, but I was shocked how high I was hitting this. Had the 10.5 set to 12.5, which is how I used to play my flash. But that is definitely not the right setup anymore. Was launching it like 19 degrees. No bueno. Absolutely a ton of potential to unlock with a fitting which I plan to do soon. Can see why the GD guys love this thing.

Was in Orlando and went to Golf Galaxy for a fitting. Went with intentions of hitting and buying the Cobra Speedzone. Hit the Speedzone, Mavrik, & G410. Best numbers were the standard Mavrik followed closely by G410. Fitter had me hit the Mavik Max to see if there was a big difference and lost 15 yards and hooked it bad. Speedzone felt great but was 8 yards shorter for me and dispersion was not as good. Ping felt really good and had best dispersion by 2 yards but was 3 yards shorter. Mavrik felt great and easy to hit. Went with the Mavrik. Callaway was offering an extra 50% trade value if you trade in your current driver.

Man, that standard Mavrik was not at all what I was expecting.

The sound is WAY different than the Mavrik Max. It wasn't as muted as TM's recent drivers, but it was really muted. It took me 15-20 shots before I had a feel of whether I connected with one.

Visually it is launching substantially lower than my Max, and seems to be spinning quite a bit less as well. But as low spin as it was, I was seeing extremely tight dispersion.

Stupid me did not bring the tool to adjust the adapter, so I did not compare driver shafts between the two, or settings. I will do that the next time out.

The best drive I hit was with the standard. Visually, it seemed to be 15-20 yards more carry than any single strike with the Max. But on average, I have to think the Max was carrying substantially farther. The standard does feel much faster off the face.

I'll keep messing around with both just for more information and feedback here on the thread. But feet to the fire, the Max seems to be the clear winner for me.

Love seeing all the love for this driver, there is one there for everyone if you can get to a fitting. Just a matter of finding the right head, shaft combo.

Man, that standard Mavrik was not at all what I was expecting.

The sound is WAY different than the Mavrik Max. It wasn't as muted as TM's recent drivers, but it was really muted. It took me 15-20 shots before I had a feel of whether I connected with one.

Visually it is launching substantially lower than my Max, and seems to be spinning quite a bit less as well. But as low spin as it was, I was seeing extremely tight dispersion.

Stupid me did not bring the tool to adjust the adapter, so I did not compare driver shafts between the two, or settings. I will do that the next time out.

The best drive I hit was with the standard. Visually, it seemed to be 15-20 yards more carry than any single strike with the Max. But on average, I have to think the Max was carrying substantially farther. The standard does feel much faster off the face.

I'll keep messing around with both just for more information and feedback here on the thread. But feet to the fire, the Max seems to be the clear winner for me.

It was way more muted than I thought it would be. Reminded me a bit of the G400. Powerful but almost soft. Very different.

Wonder if it will make the bag?

1580157299718.png

Ya would be fun to watch Brooks pound this driver. Wonder what that ball speed would be like?

May not be here by Friday but we'll see how fast Callaway shipping is this week!
If you ordered through Callaway, I think they're doing two day shipping. You should be hitting bombs with the Mavrik in no time.

Skimmer. :p Yup, yesterday.

That would be most excellent.

I ordered mine on the 21st and it arrived today. Can't get to the range tonight, but will be going somewhere to hit this against the EF this week.

Does anyone have experience with custom orders from Callaway? I ordered the Mavrik from their web site yesterday and had it shortened by .75" so that it should play 45". My concern is shortening the shaft and the extra weight of a midsize grip is going to alter the swing weight. I called them today and spoke to a rep. He said that when they build special orders they try to get the swing weight as close as possible to the listed D2. He couldn't really tell me how they do just that they do. Any input is appreciated.

Does anyone have experience with custom orders from Callaway? I ordered the Mavrik from their web site yesterday and had it shortened by .75" so that it should play 45". My concern is shortening the shaft and the extra weight of a midsize grip is going to alter the swing weight. I called them today and spoke to a rep. He said that when they build special orders they try to get the swing weight as close as possible to the listed D2. He couldn't really tell me how they do just that they do. Any input is appreciated.

most likely added hot melt or heavier weight screws into the head.

They will just add a heavier weight in the head. If it’s still too light, you can find them on eBay for like $8 per weight.

Tracking says it will deliver tomorrow, a lot faster than expected.

like others have said, Callaway will generally do what they can to get sw back to where it needs to be. hotmelt, or different weights.

Anyone got $499.99 laying around they don’t need? Asking for a friend........;)

These preconceived notions against the Max are hilarious!!
I wonder how many of the pros are in a Mavrik Mav head. Heck, I saw a pro for another brand is in their X model which is meant to be a draw biased driver based on their popular Japanese market drivers.
It’s sad to see some people might be missing out on a gem of a driver for them.

So this driver is about to get a workout tomorrow. Wife and little guy are heading up to see her parents tomorrow so I have a free afternoon....

And with a high of 44 and sunny, you know where ill be :)

#hittingbombs

Just got an email that Callaway has extended the trade in bonus for a few more weeks. In case people are on the fence...

Wow, just picked up the standard, brand new, for $325 on one of the selling sites. Cant wait to try this one out!

Back