Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Mine is at the house, just delivered and I am in the airport heading out...damn it

Give me your address and I will pick it up for you. ;)

It's probably time I start texting the local rep to see when he'll have some to test, even if it's just on an indoor sim!

Pros
Updated: I tested the Calloway Maverick and all the current drivers they had today, very impressed with distance and the forgiveness.I was hitting lasers to be honest so excited to tag my friends come this weekend.

Cons
Didn't bring my trade.
i really liked my Ping G driver,i didn't purchase the Maverick today never expected the performance from this club to be so impressive. Sorry PING we trade up tommorrow!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hit the driver 3 times yesterday and even in sub 40 degree temps, it was still a rocket off the face. I’m loving the feel and sound with the SZ. Truly felt like the ball stays in the air forever

Only time I've had with the Mavrik so far is Top Golf last night with the wife. Won't get too serious about the results since it's Top Golf & it was in the 30s last night, but saw enough to feel comfortable throwing this in the bag. Certainly didn't feel like I was giving anything up to the EF. Don't know what I was expecting but the face on this felt livelier, which I guess is a result of the sound. Also, the Riptide 60S seemed to pair better with the standard Mavrik head than my HZRDUS Yellow did, which was interesting since I've been gaming that shaft off and on since it was released. Need to get some more range or on course time but with the cold weather it was nice to get out and at least get an initial comparison.

Only gripe is that Callaway somehow installed the indexed grip crooked so will have to attend to that at some point.

Or maybe it's straight and you've always played with a crooked grip?

While reasonable since you've met me, no it's actually crooked. I definitely did a double take the first time I noticed it to make sure it wasn't me.

Only time I've had with the Mavrik so far is Top Golf last night with the wife. Won't get too serious about the results since it's Top Golf & it was in the 30s last night, but saw enough to feel comfortable throwing this in the bag. Certainly didn't feel like I was giving anything up to the EF. Don't know what I was expecting but the face on this felt livelier, which I guess is a result of the sound. Also, the Riptide 60S seemed to pair better with the standard Mavrik head than my HZRDUS Yellow did, which was interesting since I've been gaming that shaft off and on since it was released. Need to get some more range or on course time but with the cold weather it was nice to get out and at least get an initial comparison.

Only gripe is that Callaway somehow installed the indexed grip crooked so will have to attend to that at some point.

I had a similar issue last year with a grip, but GG blew it off and reinstalled it correctly for me at no charge. I know that's annoying, though.

I love the feel off the face of the Mav; feels powerful. And the Riptide shaft seems to fit so many people. Looking forward to hear more as you get more time with it@

I had a similar issue last year with a grip, but GG blew it off and reinstalled it correctly for me at no charge. I know that's annoying, though.

I love the feel off the face of the Mav; feels powerful. And the Riptide shaft seems to fit so many people. Looking forward to hear more as you get more time with it@
I have had that in the past as well. If I remember, it's almost like the grip is aligned perfectly to the shaft graphics. But, the shaft graphics aren't aligned perfectly to the head. Assuming the grips are installed on the shaft before the shaft is actually installed in the head.

I play blindfolded so all that alignment stuff is poppycock.

Does anyone have experience with custom orders from Callaway? I ordered the Mavrik from their web site yesterday and had it shortened by .75" so that it should play 45". My concern is shortening the shaft and the extra weight of a midsize grip is going to alter the swing weight. I called them today and spoke to a rep. He said that when they build special orders they try to get the swing weight as close as possible to the listed D2. He couldn't really tell me how they do just that they do. Any input is appreciated.

I ordered mine minus 1" and it came with a 5 g weight in heel instead of 2 g weight. They are going with a different measuring system this year so your driver will be 44.75" playing length.

I hit this last week and the only thing I proved is that I can miss the standard and the Max equally right. I came away mostly annoyed with myself. :sick:

I then got to try @Snickerdog 's on the range after our rand last weekend and I think that was a better experience. I'd love to get a few shafts, the 9*/10.5* standard and Max heads, and a launch monitor outside for an hour or so.

I might see if my fitter will let me borrow a demo for a round this weekend.

Going for a fitting today, have tried the Max and standard and seemed to get on better with the standard, love the feel sound of this driver, reminds me of the v series. Gaming an XR16, low 90s swing speed so looking forward to see what fits bset

Mine is FINALLY getting here tomorrow. I'm playing at 2:30 though, and our UPS guy usually comes at around 3, so I'm fk'd. I JUST WANT TO LAUNCH BOMBS!! :mad:

I ordered mine minus 1" and it came with a 5 g weight in heel instead of 2 g weight. They are going with a different measuring system this year so your driver will be 44.75" playing length.

Any idea what is different in their measuring system to account for the .25”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Custom, you say?

Going for a fitting today, have tried the Max and standard and seemed to get on better with the standard, love the feel sound of this driver, reminds me of the v series. Gaming an XR16, low 90s swing speed so looking forward to see what fits bset

Very similar to me, I moved from the XR16 (with a similar swing speed) to the Max, and have had a great experience so far. I'm playing with the weight location and draw settings to see what's my best combo, but have loved the move.

Me hitting the Max yesterday is throwing a total wrench into my driver this year.

Back