Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I believe that if you are in the center of the face the Mavrik and Epic Flash will be nearly identical. If you are like me and live outside the sweet spot then the Mavrik will be more forgiving.

This always seems to be forgotten with new releases. With well struck shots, there won't be much difference, even between brands. However, it's out of the center where so many changes happen.

I believe that if you are in the center of the face the Mavrik and Epic Flash will be nearly identical. If you are like me and live outside the sweet spot then the Mavrik will be more forgiving.

In terms of consistency, driving is probably the strongest part of my game these days - yes I have the odd contact that strays away from the centre, but I do tend to hit the middle a heck of a lot more than I used to

All I can do is give it a try and see what happens (y)

Monday at lunch time I ordered my std MAVRIK.
Last night, I missed this email until this morning.
Callaway works fast. Website said 1-2 weeks. If was 3.5 days coming out of MX.
I emailed my wife and said thank you for my V-Day gift, even thought she had nothing to do with.
She's getting a new kitchen so I'm good for this year.

1581696270806.png

Monday at lunch time I ordered my std MAVRIK.
Last night, I missed this email until this morning.
Callaway works fast. Website said 1-2 weeks. If was 3.5 days coming out of MX.
I emailed my wife and said thank you for my V-Day gift, even thought she had nothing to do with.
She's getting a new kitchen so I'm good for this year.

View attachment 8927842
I got a very similar email last night.

I got a very similar email last night.
You'll probably get yours a day or so ahead me. Usually N. FLA is about a day faster coming out of MX.
At least it is with my company which is in the same area as ELY.

I am wondering if they will put a heavier weight in it b/c it is shorter.
I'll get a even heavier one later on to try with my Tensei Orange. The TO was not a good fit with the F9 for me. Dead left duck of a shot.

You'll probably get yours a day or so ahead me. Usually N. FLA is about a day faster coming out of MX.

I'll get a even heavier one later on to try with my Tensei Orange. The TO was not a good fit with the F9 for me. Dead left duck of a shot.
Usually four days for me from Callaway. I believe some others that have gotten their's short had heavier weights in them.

I think that the Mavrik SZ may be a bit longer than the Flash SZ for me on those rare center face good swings, but I also firmly believe my total driving distance per round is up quite a bit over the Flash if that makes sense.
It seems like I have more wedges and short irons in my hands on the shorter courses I play. Sat and Sun I will be playing 6,200- 6,300 HD courses with the new GD AD XC 6S so it will be cool to see how I do with a few more yards to work with.

I'm itching to hit mine. Unfortunately its like the coldest day of the year here at the moment. So that's not happening today. Hopefully at some point this weekend if it warms up a bit.

Same here. Fighting chance of hitting the range on Monday between the weather and my schedule director's weekend plans.

I have no doubt I will be able to get something that works, but it is whether or not it will be enough of a gain to make it worthwhile changing - I am certainly curious to try it, but to be honest, my priority this year is the other end of the bag, hence my posts in the Triple Track putter thread

I gained a lot last year with my fitting after how much my swing has improved and I just don't know if the new drivers this year are enough of a jump for me to change so quick
[/QUOTE}

The Doctor, just a comparison from my fitting. I gained 24 yards of carry (red) with the Mavrik over the Flash SZ. But the biggest number for me was the blue high lighted number for dispersion. 2.9 yards compared to 25.5 yards was what really sold me on the Mavrik. I also increased swing-speed over the Flash no matter which shaft I had in it. It varied 2 to 3 mph. Smash factor also increased. green

club Carry Total Lateral Club Ball Smash (rpm)

EPIC FLASH 205 246 25.5L 93.1 137.8 1.46 2873
MAVRIK STD 234 258 2.9 L 96.4 141.6 1.49 2455

I found it interesting to hear them say that if you were fitted for the Epic Flash range last year, then you may not see any benefit from the Mavrik, but if you couldn't get the best out of the Epic Flash range then the Mavrik range could be the option for you this year

To the bolded, they are correct. If you are consistent with the drive you probably are not going to see a huge difference. If you don’t catch it center (or close to it) it will beat the EF with ball speed retention on mishits and the dispersion overall will be tighter from my experience.

Apparently ELY my companies are around the corner from each other:
1581707154045.png

Got the GD AD XC 6s plugged in and I am glad I took Will's advice and did not go X flex. The waggle test feels pretty darn stout.

Got the GD AD XC 6s plugged in and I am glad I took Will's advice and did not go X flex. The waggle test feels pretty darn stout.
The XC is a niiiiiice shaft. I had the opportunity to try it for a few swings a couple weeks back. Was in a SZ head and felt like an amazing combo.

Lets play a game...top half data is one mavrik, bottom another....what are they?

A546C8B6-9643-4AF2-B0CB-ADB9704AAC23.jpeg

I might be skimming a bit and it may be mentioned somewhere, but does anyone know if the Callaway 150% trade in bonus is still going on? Hard ponder mode right now between the Mav Max and SZ Extreme

Lets play a game...top half data is one mavrik, bottom another....what are they?

View attachment 8927879
Hmm. I am assuming since we're playing a game, the results are going to be something one wouldn't expect. I will go on a limb though and say the top one is the low spinning SZ and the bottom one is the MAX?

I might be skimming a bit and it may be mentioned somewhere, but does anyone know if the Callaway 150% trade in bonus is still going on? Hard ponder mode right now between the Mav Max and SZ Extreme
I am pretty sure the bonus is dead on their site. But, I would strongly suggest calling in and talking with one of their reps as they often times can make magic happen behind the scenes and it's worth a shot.

Otherwise, I think the bonus is still available at some retailers.

I’d love for everyone to guess. Especially the resident club fitters out there.

Btw, exact same shaft in both heads. Same loft too...

Some retailers still have a 50% bonus going but it’s expired on the website for now.

Back