Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Honestly that's most of the reason I didnt get wowed by the new Mavrik (I was coming from the Epic FLash Subzero). I didnt find any improvement at all, so I went with the SIM where I actually noted increased distance and ball speed. Not a knock on them, still the mavrik is the second best driver of 2020 (for me). Could be the top dog for many.
10:30am Saturday with Callaway.

Mavrik vs. Rogue on the Trackman!
Mavrik in a beat down, IMO.

The Mav Max as been a thought for me. I just need to convince myself that some extra spin isn't a bad thing...

The Mav Max as been a thought for me. I just need to convince myself that some extra spin isn't a bad thing...
That misnomer needs to die. Its not a spinny head. At all.

Mavrik in a beat down, IMO.
I'm intrigued. I didn't really hit the Flash last year because I didn't really care to, but I'm loving the reviews on this driver with off-center hits and how ball speed is retained.

Aesthetically I actually like the look of the Max. I've never compared drivers like this, most reviews I see they hit several drives and take the 5 best to compare? I'll let the fitter do his thing but my main concern is Carry Distance and Forgiveness.

I'm intrigued. I didn't really hit the Flash last year because I didn't really care to, but I'm loving the reviews on this driver with off-center hits and how ball speed is retained.

Aesthetically I actually like the look of the Max. I've never compared drivers like this, most reviews I see they hit several drives and take the 5 best to compare? I'll let the fitter do his thing but my main concern is Carry Distance and Forgiveness.
You’re going to love it!

The Max looks very Rogue-esque to me, so that would be a smooth transition for you. I've been pretty blown away by the ball speeds the Max has been producing for me. I still prefer the looks and feel of the Standard, but man the Max is a phenomenal driver.

You will like the Max a lot. Just matter of getting the right/correct shaft paired with it for our swing.

Love reading all these nice qualities about the Mavrik Driver !

I think that you just go in without an assumption that it's going to be high spin. Just try to go hit one with a clean slate and let the numbers talk to you. It may be great, it might not, but go with eyes open.

Love reading all these nice qualities about the Mavrik Driver !

I think so many of us expected some improvement in this line, but were surprised at the level of improvement we saw.

Looking forward to seeing how this works out for you.

Pretty solid numbers I’m getting from the SZ. And I love seeing this ball flight. I think there’s a few tweaks I can make to add a few yards but I can’t wait till some more courses open up for the spring!
05A897FA-06C8-4AE4-B0F0-48AE5622A3D1.jpeg
E8AADDA6-0140-4AC6-A9AB-79A855BBE4FD.jpeg

Pretty solid numbers I’m getting from the SZ. And I love seeing this ball flight. I think there’s a few tweaks I can make to add a few yards but I can’t wait till some more courses open up for the spring!
View attachment 8928375
View attachment 8928376

Tried to look back through your previous posts in this thread to familiarize myself with you and your SZ setup a little, but I'm curious if these are typical numbers for you? I only ask because I haven't found many low single digit golfers, with this SS, who are spinny, and get excited about that ball flight. It all seems kinda familiar to me though. You also got fit into a SZ driver and a standard 3 wood (+), which again.. familiar. Also game the same iron shafts, on and on...

Are you playing the heavier weight rear or forward?

I bought the Standard Mavrik and put my Ventus 6s that I was using in my G400lst in it. I absolutely love it. To be fair I got along great with the G400 but this has been an upgrade for me. I didn't gain much distance but I feel like my off center hits are vastly improved. Super happy!

10:30am Saturday with Callaway.

Mavrik vs. Rogue on the Trackman!

I will be curious on your thoughts. I am not sure you'll see dramatic increase in distance, but I'm guessing ball speed retention on mishits and dispersion should be tighter.

You’re used to playing a subzero type model driver correct?

Tried to look back through your previous posts in this thread to familiarize myself with you and your SZ setup a little, but I'm curious if these are typical numbers for you? I only ask because I haven't found many low single digit golfers, with this SS, who are spinny, and get excited about that ball flight. It all seems kinda familiar to me though. You also got fit into a SZ driver and a standard 3 wood (+), which again.. familiar. Also game the same iron shafts, on and on...

Are you playing the heavier weight rear or forward?
Currently playing the stock setup with the 14g in front and 2g in back. The spin seems slightly high but notice that its italicized, which means its estimating because there wasnt enough rotations between the club and screen so take those numbers with a grain of salt. But even if its accurate, im happy in the low 3k range for spin, gives me consistency without losing much distance.

As far as the standard 3 wood goes, it was a surprise for me too but the pro just went too far right on me.

You playing the $taper 120s too? so far, although ive only hit them indoors but im really liking the feel

Currently playing the stock setup with the 14g in front and 2g in back. The spin seems slightly high but notice that its italicized, which means its estimating because there wasnt enough rotations between the club and screen so take those numbers with a grain of salt. But even if its accurate, im happy in the low 3k range for spin, gives me consistency without losing much distance.

As far as the standard 3 wood goes, it was a surprise for me too but the pro just went too far right on me.

You playing the $taper 120s too? so far, although ive only hit them indoors but im really liking the feel

Fascinating. I'll avoid spewing the countless thoughts/ideas/questions this has my mind contemplating all over the forum, but since you obviously have access to a launch monitor I'll just say thanks for sharing and that you'll have an avid follower if you share any more.

Fascinating. I'll avoid spewing the countless thoughts/ideas/questions this has my mind contemplating all over the forum, but since you obviously have access to a launch monitor I'll just say thanks for sharing and that you'll have an avid follower if you share any more.
Dude, please dont hesitate to discuss or ask questions. Thats what so great about this site. Even if i cant answer or respond, someone brighter than I will.

And its a bit unfair. My new job actually has a trackman simulator in our PT clinic.:sneaky: Ive been told i can use it (kinda) whenever i want and when its not being used but I also dont want to abuse the privilege either. Its fun though to know Ill have access to it regularly especially with winters in new england.

I bought the Standard Mavrik and put my Ventus 6s that I was using in my G400lst in it. I absolutely love it. To be fair I got along great with the G400 but this has been an upgrade for me. I didn't gain much distance but I feel like my off center hits are vastly improved. Super happy!

I feel exactly the same. I’m also coming from G400L. Not much distance gain but dispersion and predictable distance on center and off center is very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a Mav Max sitting in the cart (offset by some Rogue woods 150% trade-in bonus), just need to stop the hesitation and pull the trigger...

I've got a Mav Max sitting in the cart (offset by some Rogue woods 150% trade-in bonus), just need to stop the hesitation and pull the trigger...
Do iTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Back