Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Hoping to get this on the range today, might toy around with a darker purple for the paint job.

Attachments

• 20200725_155140.jpg
    20200725_155140.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 20200725_160007.jpg
    20200725_160007.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 20200725_155906.jpg
    20200725_155906.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 25
I played another 9 this morning and really enjoyed the Mavrik again. The thing that was a relief to see was on toe side strikes I didn't get a huge hook like I was afraid of. My swing is still to blame for missed fairways but I hit a couple of really nice drives and I'm jonesing to get back on the course with it.

I played another 9 this morning and really enjoyed the Mavrik again. The thing that was a relief to see was on toe side strikes I didn't get a huge hook like I was afraid of. My swing is still to blame for missed fairways but I hit a couple of really nice drives and I'm jonesing to get back on the course with it.
It's pretty amazing how much distance you retain and how minimal the gear effect is on toe strikes. I've never hit a driver this forgiving before, not even close.

Other than the two times I decided to try ridiculous shots, the sub Zero and I seem to be back on the same team again after yesterday's round. Going to take it out tomorrow, put some speed back in, and see how it goes on what I think is a little more open course.

There are so many mavrik drivers in play at my home course, and everyone just speaks volumes of what they have done for their games, myself included.

Played 18 yesterday with my Mav Max. Still loving it. For some reason I hit the middle of the face more than I ever have with any other driver (and there have been a lot!). Great balance and forgiveness is out of this world. Confidence builder driver. My group was raving about how well I was driving the ball during our round together. Made me feel good!
Not as long overall as other drivers imo but I have NEVER been in the fairway as much and averaged the distance I am getting over and over as I am now with the Mav Max. (y)

Played today with the Max 9° at +1/N 8/11 that I used driver on with misses barely off fairway. Probably the best drive was on 3, a par 5 with a narrow shoot to drive thru. Absolutely pommeled the driver right down the middle to about 260 which is a huge drive for me with no wind .
I didn't notice any ballooning at all today when the wind picked up. Just nice straight ball flights and the occasional small draw.

I wasn’t as accurate off the tee as I would like today so I tested the forgiveness a lot. Mishits still got out there a good bit, and I had two well struck shots that put me into the normal driving distance I’m used to seeing. The course today was pretty wet and had minimal roll, so carry was king today and this one delivered.

Longest Drive of the last couple years, most accurate driving day and consistently long day probably ever as well today as well. Swapping up the weights and going back to the shaft I’m more comfortable with has unlocked a new gear in the Mav Max. Today was ridiculous.

20200727_161614.jpg

So this one is for anyone thinking the Sub Zero might not be forgiving enough for them to reap its other benefits.

I was in cut it or die trying mode on this one. It's not quite as bad as it looks in that frame, because I'm about to come across it a little at the last moment as I come through, but it was a pretty bad heel strike, which is crazy rare for me, and felt like hell, on a pretty poor swing.

It went 272 yards on course conditions providing near zero roll. That is 6 yards below my average. SIX. That's uneffingbelievable. These things are just packed to the paint with speed and forgiveness. Blows. My. Mind.

And my SIM cannot do that.

Last edited:
Getting in the groove with my Mav TripD and enjoying everything about it. The setup at address is awesome, sound/feel is fantastic and best yet I feel the confidence to work the ball both ways.

Did it again with the Standard Mavrik. Drove a par 4 green. And then again, 3 putt for par.

Almost drove another hole but missed five yards right.
2254255c2b96b72d9ed888d9d110413b.jpg

A little inconsistent over the weekend but the primary miss was a block to the right. I felt fine and the swing felt good but I wasn't clearing out the way I normally do and it resulted in 3 dropped shots on Saturday.

However my usual 230-240 drives were nice, I did tag one 275. This fairway was definitely firmer and the bounce I got was great, I'd say at least 20 yards of roll/bounce. Flip wedge, missed the birdie.

Case of the blocks though has nothing to do with the club itself, if anything I was able to find my ball in the woods and take a drop as opposed to it being completely gone and reach in the bag for a new ball.

I'll work on it prior to Saturday's round, turning better and clearing my hips better. I know when I have a strong draw or the hooks I can manage that miss much better than the blocks/pushes.

Triple Diamond inbound... Assuming FedEx stays on time, I should have it in the bag for Thursday's round.

I'm hoping to see a bit more forgiveness than my EFSZ, but if I get the same performance without the ear ringing I'll consider it a win.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the experiment.

Triple Diamond inbound... Assuming FedEx stays on time, I should have it in the bag for Thursday's round.

I'm hoping to see a bit more forgiveness than my EFSZ, but if I get the same performance without the ear ringing I'll consider it a win.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the experiment.

The sound is def better in the Mav. After playing mine for a few rounds now, especially with the 8g in the front, it is one of the better sounding drivers I've hit.
Also, I think you will notice the bump in forgiveness, but it isn't night and day. Lastly, be sure to experiment with the "D" hosel setting, as it is quite good for me and not a setting I would typically bother with. Enjoy!

I’m gaming the Epic Flash SZ but went with the Standard Mavrik. Hoping I didn’t make a mistake. I saw a review of all three Mavriks and the sleeper was the Mavrik Max even for higher clubhead speeds. Making me think.

The funny thing is obviously it’s the swing but as soon as I ordered the driver my swing comes back and now the Epic is putting up a fight for her spot in the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to your driver feedback as I as well play an Epic Flash SZ and with demoing almost nonexistent up here, I am not sure if the Mavrik SZ or the standard is for me. Typically I am a high spin player which is why I was fit into the SZ although it was indoors and I don’t hit sh** indoors very well.

The Max played quite well again last night hitting 9/14 fairways, but most importantly the misses where barely off the fairway and not penal. Have change the 9* head to +1/N and working quite well. Launch is just a little bit higher but no where near as high as the 10.5 was.

The sound is def better in the Mav. After playing mine for a few rounds now, especially with the 8g in the front, it is one of the better sounding drivers I've hit.
Also, I think you will notice the bump in forgiveness, but it isn't night and day. Lastly, be sure to experiment with the "D" hosel setting, as it is quite good for me and not a setting I would typically bother with. Enjoy!

It's going to have a pile of hot melt in it too so that it plays at D4.5 (since I'm playing a heavy shaft at 44.5").

I was lucky enough to get the most upright head he had in stock already, so I'm guessing I won't need the D setting on this one. But I'm definitely anxious to find out.

The Max played quite well again last night hitting 9/14 fairways, but most importantly the misses where barely off the fairway and not penal. Have change the 9* head to +1/N and working quite well. Launch is just a little bit higher but no where near as high as the 10.5 was.
Okay, seriously, what is up with that? I can raise my 9 up and it's nowhere near the 10.5 either. And move the 10.5 down and it's nowhere near the 9 still. I've never been a big fan of straying far from stock lofts and alignments with driver, because it feels like forcing a square peg into a round hole type of thing, but I have done tons of testing with them and they're just completely different heads in terms of trajectory for me.

It's going to have a pile of hot melt in it too so that it plays at D4.5 (since I'm playing a heavy shaft at 44.5").

I was lucky enough to get the most upright head he had in stock already, so I'm guessing I won't need the D setting on this one. But I'm definitely anxious to find out.
Where did you get it? Interesting that some people are getting spec stickers and such on their heads. Mine came from Fairway Golf USA. They essentially turned the order in to Callaway who built it. It has the white Dot in the face. But, didn't have any specifics listed.

Okay, seriously, what is up with that? I can raise my 9 up and it's nowhere near the 10.5 either. And move the 10.5 down and it's nowhere near the 9 still. I've never been a big fan of straying far from stock lofts and alignments with driver, because it feels like forcing a square peg into a round hole type of thing, but I have done tons of testing with them and they're just completely different heads in terms of trajectory for me.
It's probably because it's only changing the effective loft. A guy has a way of offsetting that change mentally without realizing it.

I typically only change the loft if I'm trying to correct an open or closed face at impact. Not trying to really adjust the launch.

Tonight I'm going to head to the range and do some serious testing between the Atmos Blue, KBS TD and Rogue 110 shafts to see what might fit me the best. I've never really tinkered with shafts but I'm excited to see how they respond in this head for me.

I think part of it is the open/closed issue. Lofting down the 10.5 by 1 degree and that face opens slightly always bothered me because of my right miss. But with the 9 degree and adding 1 up to go to 10 degree and closing the face slightly give me confidence that I will be back to square at impact and less likely to fade/slice the ball hard. Hope that makes sense.
As @radiman said it could be an unconscious effort of a different swing plane when we do this.

Back