Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I like the look of a closed face so I always add a degree to the loft for that effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very under looked comment here. I to like the look of a slightly closed face with driver, and also have the loft from 9* to 10*. At address it pretty much means I'm going to have my draw and in the event that I swing a little late the miss isn't going to be horribly right.

For those that play the Max, have any of you experimented with heavier sets of weights? I typically play my driver in the D4-D5 range. Curious if changing to heavier sole weights with similar weight ratio would drastically change the ball flight, or just give me the correct swingweight without influencing launch, spin, etc.

So today I woke up thinking, “let’s try some shots that aren’t in the bag”. I hit some great tee shots and some not so stellar tee shots today. I was really trying to hit some big draws and got away from anything consistent off the tee. Of course the competitor in me settled in and hit my normal tee shot late in the round to save it, but even with hitting off the toe or towards the heel I saw some ball speed robustness I didn’t think was there. Bad tee shots still got out there a ways and left me with respectable yardages for my second shot. Granted I had some adventurous 2nd shots, but the story here is forgiveness.

The Mav Max lets you get away with some off center strikes better than any driver I can remember playing.

For those that play the Max, have any of you experimented with heavier sets of weights? I typically play my driver in the D4-D5 range. Curious if changing to heavier sole weights with similar weight ratio would drastically change the ball flight, or just give me the correct swingweight without influencing launch, spin, etc.

i thought about it as i struggled with some consistency, but right now it’s feeling really good all stock so i haven’t messed with it.

Now that my season is done, I think it's fair to say that the Mavrik was one of the most enjoyable drivers I have ever played. I hit some really really ridiculous tee shots with it. On average, I would say that I was probably longer on average simply for the fact that it is so consistent across the face. That was probably the biggest story behind it after all. 2nd generation of AI assisted face design and all.

My swing got into a funk at some point this year and the longer the club, the more evident the funk was. So, I wasn't always in great position off the tee. But, at no fault of this club. If I put a good swing on anything it will go. This just so happened to give me the ball flight I love to see. I had some streaks of amazing driving. The pandemic and just the timing of some family issues that needed sorting didn't give me the opportunity to play or practice as much as I would have liked.

To start the year, I was hitting the same fade that I had played the past season or two. At some point, something clicked though and my swing freed up quite a bit more and I was back to hitting the draw that I had played for the better part of a decade. The Mavrik SZ Triple Diamond was the perfect head for that shot. With a flatter lie angle and little bit of fade bias, I was hitting some really powerful draws. I hit the longest drives I have ever measured. Drove greens I never thought I would be able to get to. Made really short work on some par 5's.

The name of the game is confidence. And this driver gave it to me in spades. Standing on the tee knowing that the club doesn't lack in any way and all you need to do is square the face is a good feeling. Actually squaring the face and watching a towering bomb is an even better feeling.

Probably the most maddening part is that my swing finally woke up again and I was swinging free and smooth. Hitting fairways with confidence. Then the snow fell. It's going to be a long off season, as it typically is. I am not exaggerating when I say this driver is addicting to hit. It's a strange combination of being muted but powerful at the same time. It's checked every box for me. I found out our club will be doing an indoor simulator league this winter, so not all hope is lost! I can still get my Mavrik fix here and there. There is also a Trackman about an hour drive from here. I am making it a personal goal to get there at least once a month. I was there in my initial review period to try and gather as much data as I could to share with the community. Now, the plan is to just grind and ensure the me and my Mavrik are prepped to hit the ground running next season.

I realize that most of the golf world is likely heading to a period of time where they can't play or if they can, not as often as they'd like or in ideal conditions. If anyone is still on the fence in regards to this club, I implore you to get out and try it. CPO has them in stock for some crazy prices. I know it's tempting to wait until the next release which is likely a handful of months away. I know I am looking forward to seeing it. But, this season, I will not be switching. There just isn't any need to. Aside from going back to some more adjustability options in the next Epic (or whatever it ends up being named) I just cannot fathom a driver being better than this.

I felt something odd on one drive today, and then my last felt like a cracked head. I've given myself some time to adjust to this possible reality and will be doing the full inspection after dinner, but if anyone wants to say a prayer for the Sub Zero head that has transformed my game, I would appreciate it.

I felt something odd on one drive today, and then my last felt like a cracked head. I've given myself some time to adjust to this possible reality and will be doing the full inspection after dinner, but if anyone wants to say a prayer for the Sub Zero head that has transformed my game, I would appreciate it.

Great feedback Radiman. After tinkering with a few different drivers I really found a groove when I put the Mavrik in the bag. I'm sure I'll take some swings with other drivers next year but it will be tough for anything to keep up with this. Although I still really want to give one of the Triple Diamond heads a try to compare.

Had a great day driving with the Mavrik. I hit plenty of good drives and the ones that were not still had good distance. I was seeing a near perfect mid launch with a flat flight that floated down range with very little side movement. I was close to the center of the face with that perfect crack at impact. Love the feel and sound at impact, it is perfection.

Great feedback Radiman. After tinkering with a few different drivers I really found a groove when I put the Mavrik in the bag. I'm sure I'll take some swings with other drivers next year but it will be tough for anything to keep up with this. Although I still really want to give one of the Triple Diamond heads a try to compare.
It's a pretty good head. It's not magically better than the others or anything. I feel like it kind of sits in between the standard and SZ models. Flatter lie angle like the regular SZ but not as low spinning. At least for me.

Now that my season is done, I think it's fair to say that the Mavrik was one of the most enjoyable drivers I have ever played. I hit some really really ridiculous tee shots with it. On average, I would say that I was probably longer on average simply for the fact that it is so consistent across the face. That was probably the biggest story behind it after all. 2nd generation of AI assisted face design and all.

My swing got into a funk at some point this year and the longer the club, the more evident the funk was. So, I wasn't always in great position off the tee. But, at no fault of this club. If I put a good swing on anything it will go. This just so happened to give me the ball flight I love to see. I had some streaks of amazing driving. The pandemic and just the timing of some family issues that needed sorting didn't give me the opportunity to play or practice as much as I would have liked.

To start the year, I was hitting the same fade that I had played the past season or two. At some point, something clicked though and my swing freed up quite a bit more and I was back to hitting the draw that I had played for the better part of a decade. The Mavrik SZ Triple Diamond was the perfect head for that shot. With a flatter lie angle and little bit of fade bias, I was hitting some really powerful draws. I hit the longest drives I have ever measured. Drove greens I never thought I would be able to get to. Made really short work on some par 5's.

The name of the game is confidence. And this driver gave it to me in spades. Standing on the tee knowing that the club doesn't lack in any way and all you need to do is square the face is a good feeling. Actually squaring the face and watching a towering bomb is an even better feeling.

Probably the most maddening part is that my swing finally woke up again and I was swinging free and smooth. Hitting fairways with confidence. Then the snow fell. It's going to be a long off season, as it typically is. I am not exaggerating when I say this driver is addicting to hit. It's a strange combination of being muted but powerful at the same time. It's checked every box for me. I found out our club will be doing an indoor simulator league this winter, so not all hope is lost! I can still get my Mavrik fix here and there. There is also a Trackman about an hour drive from here. I am making it a personal goal to get there at least once a month. I was there in my initial review period to try and gather as much data as I could to share with the community. Now, the plan is to just grind and ensure the me and my Mavrik are prepped to hit the ground running next season.

I realize that most of the golf world is likely heading to a period of time where they can't play or if they can, not as often as they'd like or in ideal conditions. If anyone is still on the fence in regards to this club, I implore you to get out and try it. CPO has them in stock for some crazy prices. I know it's tempting to wait until the next release which is likely a handful of months away. I know I am looking forward to seeing it. But, this season, I will not be switching. There just isn't any need to. Aside from going back to some more adjustability options in the next Epic (or whatever it ends up being named) I just cannot fathom a driver being better than this.

You hit the longest drive I’ve ever witnessed with that Triple Diamond head. I’m still in awe.

Still playing the Mavrik Max, 9° head at +1/N Was 38° today during our scramble tourney, I went 13/14 FIR. Just a nice straight ball or a really slight fade depending on the hole. Touched 250 twice today with are huge drives for me.

Still playing the Mavrik Max, 9° head at +1/N Was 38° today during our scramble tourney, I went 13/14 FIR. Just a nice straight ball or a really slight fade depending on the hole. Touched 250 twice today with are huge drives for me.
That is great. Got 9 in this morning before going to a Bills game party. First round of cart covers and heater. Started at around thirty-four degrees (frost delay so couldnt get 18 in). Driver is really working now. Wish the weather was better to keep it going but as long as there is no snow on the ground we will be out there. Helped that it wasnt windy although inside the cart was pretty comfortable. Love the Mavrik Max.

Really hit the MAVRIK Sub Zero lofted up today well. Sim round and some range time in tech studio and found a pretty good rhythm with it

7/13 fairways with the Max and really only 2 poor tee shots. One of them was just a dumb decision to even hit driver on a 350 yard hole. Should've just laid up with a hybrid and leave myself 150 or less. Lesson learned.

Played in some breezy conditions today on the back nine and the Std. Mavrik CSX combo was extremely good for me most of the round. I wish I could say that I bombed them all long and straight but I had to settle for long only on some holes. My launch is low when I am struggling but lately I have a near perfect mid launch that is fun to watch off the club and when the fairways are dry I get a nice roll out. I hit two drives dead into the wind that were lasers, no left or right movement. I am getting such good results from this combo that I have no desire to try new clubs or tinker with shafts. Standard 10.5 in the neutral setting with the Tensei Pro Orange is all I need.

Reeeeeaaaaally want to try this Triple Diamond. Neutral to fade biased from what I hear and higher MOI than the SZ. Mmmmmmm....

Reeeeeaaaaally want to try this Triple Diamond. Neutral to fade biased from what I hear and higher MOI than the SZ. Mmmmmmm....
Heard it doesn't do well in cold weather. ;):ROFLMAO:

It's a pretty fantastic driver.

Oh you and I need to talk! Since you’ve tested all the heads I like.
Just let me know. I've been settled in the triple diamond for a good while now. Haven't had any wondering eyes.

Just let me know. I've been settled in the triple diamond for a good while now. Haven't had any wondering eyes.

What was your stock shot shape before that purchase and has it changed since you got it? Is it fade biased? What difference did you see vs the standard? Oh and why did you go with the 9° head?

Back