Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

Having the Mavrik Max in Driver, 3w, 5w and 4h has been a great adjustment to the top of my bag, but I love what I see from the 5w off the deck and the 3w off the tee on strategic driving holes.
Absolutely love the Mavrik Max 5 wood. Just so easy to hit. Im amazed at how i can really get it up in the air when i have to.

First range session with the Max 5w. What a great club. Definitely staying in the bag. Can’t wait to get it on the course Friday.

The Srizon Zx 3w and I never got comfortable so I had to move on. I got lucky and found this set up that I’ve been wanting for a while now. The Ventus shafts fit me so well and this combo is so good. I didn’t get to hit it on the course, but hit 5-6 balls on the range and it launches perfect and flies. Even though this one is the Max with “draw” help, it was pretty tough for me to turn this over right to left. I’m not saying it can’t, but for me with my slight OTT swing it’s a straight ball or slight fade.

4E9167B3-F830-4242-9368-B8E5A5985134.jpeg

Last edited:
The 3W SZ was definitely behaving itself on the last round 2 of 2 fairways and good distance for me…

A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im gaming the Sub Zero driver and Pro 4 hybrid still

The Srizon Zx 3w and I never got comfortable so I had to move on. I got lucky and found this set up that I’ve been wanting for a while now. The Ventus shafts fit me so well and this combo is so good. I didn’t get to hit it on the course, but hit 5-6 balls on the range and it launches perfect and flies. Even though this one is the Max with “draw” help, it was pretty tough for me to turn this over right to left. I’m not saying it can’t, but for me with my slight OTT swing it’s a straight ball or slight fade.

View attachment 9054844

quoting myself here because this club was so good during my AZ trip. The confidence with this one is sky high and gives me 250-260 off the tee every time.

this one is in the bag for a long time and I’m an idiot if it ever gets replaced.

I can't see him winning again with the legs he has now.

Wanted to bump this thread again. Still gaming and crushing my Mav 3 & 4 hybrids. I've been upgrading the bag around them but they're still holding their own. I rely on them heavily on tight fairway holes and forced layups. Great for shots off the deck as well. Hit a 4H ~200 out of the rough on #1 this week to give me a solid chance at par after pushing one into the woods off the tee.

FWs and drivers are excellent as well, I've just moved on to new & shiny. These are one of my top recommendations for a budget friendly option that still has a ton of playability & distance.

Just waiting for a Mavrik Max 3 Wood head to arrive with a broken shaft in it.... The plan is to get my club fitter to cut down my spare 70g Aerotech Ti-Fiber Driver Shaft and put that in it to see how it works. Liking the Ti-Fiber in the Mavrik Max Tour Driver....

A

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Just waiting for a Mavrik Max 3 Wood head to arrive with a broken shaft in it.... The plan is to get my club fitter to cut down my spare 70g Aerotech Ti-Fiber Driver Shaft and put that in it to see how it works. Liking the Ti-Fiber in the Mavrik Max Tour Driver....

A

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Quick range session tonight with the “new” Mavrik Max 3 Wood and Ti-Fiber Shaft. First impressions are good, striking it well and distances around 250 on Trackman which is way out there for me. Most were drawing which is not my current swing shape (except for my Heavenwood) so that’s interesting.

The experiment will continue.

A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been using the Max 4h for roughly the past year. I got it from another THPer here and it's been wonderful.

It is my first true hybrid, and I think that when I was starting out playing it is a different swing path than either the driver or the irons. That takes a little bit of time to get used to, but with how forgiving this hybrid is it didn't take long to get it down.

What I am probably most impressed about with it is the ease of launch. It seems that even on imperfect strikes I get a good launch and decent flight path. I don't mind the hybrid in light rough but I would say the one big limitation to it for me is that if my ball is buried in pretty deep rough then I need an iron to dig it out. It doesn't work well for me when buried but as long as you keep in the fairly short grass it has not been a problem, when isn't offline a problem though for any club.

This one continues to be easy to launch, straight and has great gapping for my needs.

Based just upon this one hybrid I can see myself keeping one or two hybrids in my bag for a long time, they are so helpful when it's more than a mid-iron to the green.

I put the 4H in the bag when they first came out, then quickly added a 3H. These are my go to options off any tight tee shot or shorter par 4. They are a solid upgrade on the Rogues I had before them. No intentions of moving them any time soon.

Back