Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

So if I were to go to my local Top Golf type of facility would I be "that guy" for bringing my new 3 wood along to hit?

So if I were to go to my local Top Golf type of facility would I be "that guy" for bringing my new 3 wood along to hit?
You would, but we will allow it. :)

Reactions: KEV

nope, bc there will be guys with full bags and I bet a few will have spikes on lol

Glad you tried it and now you know. Where you able to use your shaft for testing?
Didn't change shafts, they don't have a lot of women's shafts available
did you try the max 5w? i had the rogue 5w and really liked it, but this max 5w is so stinking good!
I tried the Max 3W didn't think to try the Max 5W, now I'm gonna have to go back when they aren't as busy, there were a lot of people there checking out the Mavrik stuff. I had a full peanut gallery watching me, so nerves may have contributed to my performance.

We always bring our own clubs (just 4 or 5 of them) when we go.

I’ve been thinking Mavrik Max 3W for a tee club so I stopped to demo it today. Was a little disappointed it didn’t have a deeper face, but more so that I didn’t hit it well.

The standard Mavrik 3w was a different story. Not sure why I hit it so much better. 20+ yards longer and more accurate, was just a better fit.

A little bummed about the glued hosel as I can’t experiment with shafts I like I’ll just have to order one with a shaft I think will work best.

I have been using the covers we got at TheGrandaddy and like them. Took out the stock head covers tonight and put them on, they look pretty good.

Fun fact. The Mavrik 3+, 3w, and 4w are all the same length:

NameLoftAvailabilityStandard LengthLieCCSwing Weight
3+W13.5°RH Only43.25"55.00°173D3
3W15°RH / LH43.25"56.00°174D3
4W16.5°RH Only43.25"56.00°175D3
5W18°RH / LH42.75"56.50°154D3
7W21°RH / LH42.25"57.00°143D3

I am still in debate mode about getting a 7W. I have always like fairways and just think it might be a better fit for me than the Epic Flash hybrid. But every time I mash the hybrid, I'm like not your staying in the bag.

Now do I want to go 3w or 4w?

Anyone else notice Callaway is offering to bend mavrik pro hybrids -2* or +2* on lie angle?

Anyone had a chance to compare the Max 3+ side by side against the Max 3w?

If it makes you feel better, when they open their location here, I plan on being "that guy" a bunch.

My Max 7w arrived yesterday. I've been playing the Flash 7w since the Grandaddy, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the two differ. The lower / sharper leading edge have me quite intrigued. I absolutely love how the 5w plays, so am guessing I'll have similar feelings about the 7w.
Got my Heavenwood! It’s definitely thicker than the HWs I’ve played previously, but I’m really excited to put that A.I. to the test.

View attachment 8924246View attachment 8924247

I am still in debate mode about getting a 7W. I have always like fairways and just think it might be a better fit for me than the Epic Flash hybrid. But every time I mash the hybrid, I'm like not your staying in the bag.

Did anyone get fitted for the Heavenwood at the Grandaddy? And those playing 7W (or thinking of playing it) how did you decide between 7W vs HW?

I'm so disappointed! I've been thinking about putting a 3W back in my bag, I took it out 2 years ago because I couldn't hit it well. Went to PGASS today and still can't hit a 3W. My Rogue 5W beat it by 20 yards+. So since I didn't by the 3W I decided to see what the Mavrik driver could do. Nope, not for me. Only increased distance by about 3 yards and my disbursement with my Epic Flash was better. Maybe I'll see about a replacement for my HW.:)
Go find a way to hit the Mavrik 5w, doesn’t even have to be max. It’ll crush the Rogue.

153 ball speed yesterday boys....with a freaking 5w.:oops:

Do people not bring their own clubs to Top Golf where you go? I saw a ton of people carrying bags in to the Columbus location. Never thought about using what was there TBH

Did anyone get fitted for the Heavenwood at the Grandaddy? And those playing 7W (or thinking of playing it) how did you decide between 7W vs HW?
I didn't get fitted for it as the 4H made a better gap for me. I will get one though as I enjoy fairways better than hybrids. @tomcat got fitted for a 7W i believe.

Do people not bring their own clubs to Top Golf where you go? I saw a ton of people carrying bags in to the Columbus location. Never thought about using what was there TBH
I haven't been to our facility yet but when I've been to others it seems like most people use the clubs there. I'll end up bringing mine with me I'm sure.

I’m in love with my max 5w with ventus red 7s shaft. It is so easy and powerful. Going to be a weapon this year and, thus far, is the star of lineup for me. I urge everyone on the fence to try this thing out. It sits a bit shut but I have yet to hook one off the planet.

I kind of did. But my fitter couldn’t find one and I ran out of time. But we talked it through, and he liked it better than a 5w for me just for the extra loft.

I’ve played a HW in the v-series, Rogue, Epic Flash, and now Mavrik, so I’m also very comfortable with one.

A HW is bigger and longer than a 7w. It’s more of a 5w/3H/3i replacement. A 7w is more of a 4H/4i replacement and usually gaps well with a 5w. A 5w and Hw may likely be redundant.

I’m in love with my max 5w with ventus red 7s shaft. It is so easy and powerful. Going to be a weapon this year and, thus far, is the star of lineup for me. I urge everyone on the fence to try this thing out. It sits a bit shut but I have yet to hook one off the planet.
I’d urge them to also remember the standard isn’t exactly unforgiving. :p

Options are funnnnnnnnnnnnn

I kind of did. But my fitter couldn’t find one and I ran out of time. But we talked it through, and he liked it better than a 5w for me just for the extra loft.

I’ve played a HW in the v-series, Rogue, Epic Flash, and now Mavrik, so I’m also very comfortable with one.

A HW is bigger and longer than a 7w. It’s more of a 5w/3H/3i replacement. A 7w is more of a 4H/4i replacement and usually gaps well with a 5w.
All this HW talk gets me nostalgic....

I haven't been to our facility yet but when I've been to others it seems like most people use the clubs there. I'll end up bringing mine with me I'm sure.
I have been to Top Golf twice and brought my clubs both times, zero effs given. I believe a big percentage of Top Golfers are brand new to the game and probably don't own a set. So I walk in like Johnny golfer with my own clubs and hit it like the first timers haha.

There will be some 3W SZ bombs tomorrow. Maybe today if it is warm enough when I get off work. :unsure:

Back