Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

I played the Callaway Apex 19 5 hybrid, the original apex 4 and 2 hybrid, went to PGASS for hybrid, fairway fitting. I really lover my hybrid and the standard Mavrik hybrid is unreal and I cannot miss a shot with it, ended up buying the 5 hybrid to replace my apex 4 hybrid. They are the same loft but the Mavrik is approx. 5 to 8 yards longer and straighter. I played with it for 2 rounds and warm up in the range also, cannot miss a shot with it at all, carry about 195 to 200 off the deck.

Now I am considering getting another 3 or 4 hybrid, going with a 3, chopped down when I need to hit it shorter but it will be also very close distance to my 4W or go with a 4 hybrid. Any suggestion?

Question? What is the standard weight setting for the Mavrik SZ FW? heavy front/light back or light front/heavy back?

Thanks in advance.

Read the thread after working all night so I figured I'd go give these a swing. The hybrids done nothing that my G400s don't already do.... go left. The Heavenwood is very interesting to me and is possible for sure.

SZ 4wd arrived today... I went with Riptide 60 6.0 and went with the Lamkin Crossline Mavrik orange grip, which looks great

1582250252607.png

Question? What is the standard weight setting for the Mavrik SZ FW? heavy front/light back or light front/heavy back?

Thanks in advance.
I have mine set heavy weight front (14) and light weight back (2)

Hit a standard 7w today... So much fun. Very high but actually a lot further than I thought. I’m in LOVE with my setup, but if I had unlimited funds I’d probably buy each of the standard and Max fairways. ?. I love them all haha

Is anyone playing the Mav hybrid with both 3h 18* and 4h 20* in the bag?

I'm gaming both the Mav Pro 3h and 4h. They are so easy to hit and fly so well and straight, with good enough height to use for approach shots. Great distance too. The 4h was going just shy of my previous 5w. So I ditched the 5w and ordered a 3h and have a 4w on order. Just have to decide between the standard Mav and the Pro 4w.

edit: I really need to check thread titles closer

or sleep.

Last edited:
Has anyone gone from the EF hybrid to one of these?

Apologies if this has been covered but what is the story of the riptide shaft?

Last edited:
Consider you went standard, how would you say they compare?

Prefer the shape of the EF, but the sound/feel of the Mav standard is far better to me. The standard is shockingly straight; the head/shaft combo has been perfect for me. Both are long but I’ve seen numbers with the Mav I’ve never seen before. I’m hitting the EF this weekend to compare.

Prefer the shape of the EF, but the sound/feel of the Mav standard is far better to me. The standard is shockingly straight; the head/shaft combo has been perfect for me. Both are long but I’ve seen numbers with the Mav I’ve never seen before. I’m hitting the EF this weekend to compare.

Man, this thing is hot. I was having issues getting the face square, lots of high fades, I actually hit it longer off of the deck, but when I did get it squared the sucker was a monster. I really like the Rogue Silver 130msi was an offering. I have the silver 130msi in my driver.

It's kinda crazy to me that Callaway has released the Epic Flash, Superhybrid, and now the Mavrik hybrids all is such close proximity to each other. I mean, those are some seriously good options to sort through. Standard Mavrik hybrid is my favorite out of all of them. It's so good.

It's kinda crazy to me that Callaway has released the Epic Flash, Superhybrid, and now the Mavrik hybrids all is such close proximity to each other. I mean, those are some seriously good options to sort through. Standard Mavrik hybrid is my favorite out of all of them. It's so good.
I believe the standard Mavrik hybo is the best club from the whole Mavrik line, if we are being honest.

I believe the standard Mavrik hybo is the best club from the whole Mavrik line, if we are being honest.

I have to agree with you here ?. Just FUN.

I'd have to say the Mavrik Pro is my top choice of their entire line. I can't miss with this thing. Now I understand the folks who go to all hybrid sets. This thing is money. I did like the standard Mavrik hybrid as well, but I would get the occasional hook when I tested it.

I love seeing the Mavrik hybrids gaining some traction and people liking them. After experiencing the Grandaddy where the Mavrik line was being released I will always have a special place in my heart for the Mavrik line. I was not fit into the Mavrik irons or hybrids at ECPC but hearing stories of other golfers enjoying them makes me feel good. Thanks for sharing.

Gonna get the Max woods out to the course for the first time tomorrow. Excited, but 30° at tee off is going to be a cold 9 holes! Lol

Went to Golf Galaxy today to hit some of the new hybrids against my Rogues. Was really most interested in the 3H as I use that a good amount off the tee and can always use a few more yards. If today was my only sample set, I'd say that there's no reason for me to upgrade based on what I saw, but the Rogue hybrids are a really good fit for me. Will probably go and try them again at some point, but happy with the peace of mind knowing that what's in the bag is probably just as good a fit. I will say that the Mavrik was just as long for me but my dispersion was better with the Rogue, which is probably a product of me playing them for over two seasons.

I also hit the standard 3W just to see, and that thing was a rocket launcher for sure. Need to get my new driver dialed in before I start looking at a new 3W, but I can understand the love of these for sure. Didn't even hit it off the tee and caught a couple that rolled out to 245-250 which is long for me with a FW off the deck. Will definitely revisit this spot at some point and hopefully will be able to find a Max version to hit as well. The selection at the GG near me is limited.

Overall a great offering, which is no surprise to anyone who's familiar with Callaway's recent offerings.

Back