Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

Man, I need to try these hybrids... I like my Apex 19's but this feedback has me intrigued.

Man, I need to try these hybrids... I like my Apex 19's but this feedback has me intrigued.

The Apex 19s are phenomenal hybrids. I picked up a 4H before the Grandaddy, and I was really liking it. When I got back, I hit it once and learned quickly I got the same carry out of it as my Epic Forged 5i. The standard 4H, though, gaps perfectly for me.

Wasn’t able to swing it but finally was able to check out the Max 3W in person. Will need to hit it next time, few waggles felt great and as larger (more cc) heads go, didn’t seem too large if that makes sense. Face shape just makes it looks it wants to pummel the ball.

It's kinda crazy to me that Callaway has released the Epic Flash, Superhybrid, and now the Mavrik hybrids all is such close proximity to each other. I mean, those are some seriously good options to sort through. Standard Mavrik hybrid is my favorite out of all of them. It's so good.

Seems like Callaway introduces something new each month.....balls, hybrids....etc. The new Taylormade......

I don’t like distance monger hybrids. At all.

But, this (std 4) has been SO consistent that I’m making it fit into my 2020 setup and changing things around it to do so.

But, this (std 4) has been SO consistent that I’m making it fit into my 2020 setup and changing things around it to do so.

you may have commented on this but I missed it.

why the std over the pro ?
Seems like the pro would be right up your alley. No high toe, great shape, no offset that I could see,KBS shaft, very anti left.
When the Mav came out. I immediately grabbed the Max and Pro. Loved the pro even though it’s probably a bit much for my skill level. Loved how it looked at address though. Max and Std seemed like every other Cally hybrid since the X2Hot shape wise.

you may have commented on this but I missed it.

why the std over the pro ?
Seems like the pro would be right up your alley. No high toe, great shape, no offset that I could see,KBS shaft, very anti left.
When the Mav came out. I immediately grabbed the Max and Pro. Loved the pro even though it’s probably a bit much for my skill level. Loved how it looked at address though. Max and Std seemed like every other Cally hybrid since the X2Hot shape wise.
Shape has never been an issue for me with Callaway hybrids. And I've updated in here few times on it but the Std is point and shoot. It wants to do nothing but go high long and straight.

I looked at and tried to hit the Max at CC and it was a trainwreck, because visually for me that one is just too much, too big, too closed, too much of a lot of things. The pro looked great, and felt great, but the Std was less demanding, more straight, and just easier.

I believe its the best club in the entire Mavrik lineup.

Seems like Callaway introduces something new each month.....balls, hybrids....etc. The new Taylormade......
Epic flash is over 12 months old and a high end premium offering. Super hybrid was recently offered within 6 months and targeted for a certain audience as niche offering. Mavrik now is a premium offering but at a lower price point than flash as an alternative for those seeking certain qualities of a product but without the higher price tag.

Curious what the gap is between your 5W and your 21H? Thanks, some deep thinking going on here.....3W MAX, std 3W, 3H, 3H Max, Super Hybrid, oh my, what to do...
I hit the hybrid for 175-190, 5w is 190-205, 3w is 205+ Some of that is wind dependent also but for a calm day those are accurate yardages for me. Driver swing speed is 95-98

It's kinda crazy to me that Callaway has released the Epic Flash, Superhybrid, and now the Mavrik hybrids all is such close proximity to each other. I mean, those are some seriously good options to sort through. Standard Mavrik hybrid is my favorite out of all of them. It's so good.

this was a thought we shared with their team. so. many. SKUs. the only place where I think there is some overlap is ef and mav. the super is a very different beast. the apex hy gives iron-like performance in a squared off look, whereas the mav pro gives iron-like performance in a rounded shape (so it's nice to have options there).

but it's a lot of options!

Epic flash is over 12 months old and a high end premium offering. Super hybrid was recently offered within 6 months and targeted for a certain audience as niche offering. Mavrik now is a premium offering but at a lower price point than flash as an alternative for those seeking certain qualities of a product but without the higher price tag.

Just to make this clear I am not bashing Callaway. My gamer set of woods are all Epic Flash SZ and a few dozens of Callaway Chrome X. Wish that super hybrid is a bit cheaper.

Funny thing.....I have in my phone book the direct line to a Callaway Preowned Sales rep....but not the numbers of my doctors !

this was a thought we shared with their team. so. many. SKUs. the only place where I think there is some overlap is ef and mav. the super is a very different beast. the apex hy gives iron-like performance in a squared off look, whereas the mav pro gives iron-like performance in a rounded shape (so it's nice to have options there).

but it's a lot of options!
There is also a reason they aren't broadcasting the SH hot and heavy. SUPER niche product there with its wide open face and super low spin.

Anyone can compare Mavrik Standard 4wd and Max 3wood?
I like the face design of the Max which supposedly can launch high with leading edge is design to get under the ball easier.
I am looking to replace my EF 15* which I adjusted to 17*. I need help launch angle much as possible but I frequently go left. Seems lofting up 2* made the face close.

I like the loft of 16.5 4wd but design of Max face is really interesting.
I’m more interested in using from fairway not from tee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in love with the Mav Max 3+ off the tee. It very well may be my primary tee option this year, reserving the driver for holes where I just want some extra distance.

Here are a couple good ones from today:

37334016-75FC-41AB-8501-B018D82BAD3E.jpeg12CC3DF3-E5A7-4C95-9556-83B6CDEAACCB.jpeg6ED66CF9-D7A3-4F7A-843B-7842B6534C42.jpeg17E08D1B-DB20-41DD-BF63-98C4C73BF1F4.jpeg

Anyone can compare Mavrik Standard 4wd and Max 3wood?
I like the face design of the Max which supposedly can launch high with leading edge is design to get under the ball easier.
I am looking to replace my EF 15* which I adjusted to 17*. I need help launch angle much as possible but I frequently go left. Seems lofting up 2* made the face close.

I like the loft of 16.5 4wd but design of Max face is really interesting.
I’m more interested in using from fairway not from tee.

My miss is left generally, and I’m playing two Max fairways and have no issue with them over drawing on me. If you are thinking about just using it off the fairway, maybe consider the Max 5w too. Point and shoot. Super easy to launch and hit straight.

My miss is left generally, and I’m playing two Max fairways and have no issue with them over drawing on me. If you are thinking about just using it off the fairway, maybe consider the Max 5w too. Point and shoot. Super easy to launch and hit straight.

I’m not really worrying that max go left. I would pick a 5wd if I didn’t have 7wood that I really depend on heavily. I need something go between driver and 7 wood. More close to driver distance is possible. lol.

I’m not really worrying that max go left. I would pick a 5wd if I didn’t have 7wood that I really depend on heavily. I need something go between driver and 7 wood. More close to driver distance is possible. lol.

I would say mav max 4w or 5w.

Max don’t have 4wood do they?

You’re right. I’d say std 4w or Max 5w.

I have a std 3w too. I do think the Max line is easier to launch. Like stupid easy. So off the fairway, they are perfect, despite the larger footprint.

The std fairways are FAST, so I could see the 4W working quite well off the deck too.

So I played 9 holes today and got to hit the Mavrik Max 3w. I have the 5w also but didn't have the opportunity to get it in play, but for the first time on the course, I was absolutely impressed. So easy to launch. I liked the shotpath for the most part but decided to move the heavy weight in the heal for next weekend to see how it plays out. Love the sound of them as well. I had a tee shot where I hit it 235 and it was about 40° outside when I hit that shot. Can't wait to get some summer distances! All my clubs were a half to full club short bc of the cold today. When we teed off it was just over 30°, but sunny so wasn't bad out. Can't wait to get some more times with these.

Very cool to hear how much it has impressed you.

Less demanding hybrids would make sense for me... I’m still pondering Epic Forged 4i right now too though. Ahhh the never ending pursuit.

Hoping to order my fw in the next few weeks. Not sure if I should go standard fw or SZ. Thinking of going standard for the extra ease.

Back