Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

I did not like the face shape of the Mavrik Pro hybrid. The Mavrik Standard was perfect with the profile and raised toe shape.

Catalyst stiff shaft was nice. Hitting the 4H only I can easily see this being a popular seller for those in the market.

I have 3 & 5W's in SZ for fairways, and am just amazed at how easy these are to hit off the deck. I have heavy weight forward in both and can hit nice little draws with both. I think tomorrow I will put the 3+ back in the bag so I can do a little more comparison to the regular 3W. The 3+ also gives me another tee club option.

It's kinda crazy to me that Callaway has released the Epic Flash, Superhybrid, and now the Mavrik hybrids all is such close proximity to each other. I mean, those are some seriously good options to sort through. Standard Mavrik hybrid is my favorite out of all of them. It's so good.
I believe the standard Mavrik hybo is the best club from the whole Mavrik line, if we are being honest.
To say I was hesitant about getting a standard 3 hybrid after my fitting would be an understatement despite hitting it so well.

It’s been documented in the live thread but I had 3 shots at the hideaway that called for that club and it was absolute money. Every freaking time.

I’m not sure if it’s the balance or the headshape but it’s just so effortless to square up perfectly.

Hoping to order my fw in the next few weeks. Not sure if I should go standard fw or SZ. Thinking of going standard for the extra ease.
I'll be interested to see what you choose. I ordered the SZ, but I actually hit the standard Mav a little better. Debating whether to change my order. Gonna go back for a fitting to see if I made the right choice.

I had the 18* Mavrik Pro hybrid in the bag today. I swung it twice. Once, on a very long par 3 and as a second shot into a par 5. Both times, the club impressed me with a boring ball flight. The head with the stock shaft feels very stable. For me, it is not as long as the Super Hybrid or the Epic Flash, but it is more accurate, perhaps for me a replacement for the Apex hybrids.

Checked out and hit the Max 3WD(going in the bag with the Riptide shaft), and the hybrids as well.
Going with the 19 Max Hydrid- what do you all think of the Catalyst shaft that is stock with it? Seems light(65g with R) for a hybrid shaft??

I had the 18* Mavrik Pro hybrid in the bag today. I swung it twice. Once, on a very long par 3 and as a second shot into a par 5. Both times, the club impressed me with a boring ball flight. The head with the stock shaft feels very stable. For me, it is not as long as the Super Hybrid or the Epic Flash, but it is more accurate, perhaps for me a replacement for the Apex hybrids.
I think you’d find the standard more in line with the Flash distance, fwiw

Finally able to get some swings in with the standard 5w on the course instead of the range this last weekend.

Mostly from the deck and it did exactly what I wanted to everytime. I've always struggled with FWs but as my home course is rather short there isn't much of a need for FWs and as such I would carry a 3w but may swing it once a round, normally it was just taking up space.

LONG story:
So yesterday I'm 220 out on a par five. First 80-90 yards are up hill with the rest being flat. Green is tiny, with trouble left right and behind (left and right only leaves you 10 yards on either side for a safe shot) I'm not a long hitter and the trouble far out ways the safe so I usually lay up and wedge on. Well yesterday's round was up and down, mostly down, a decent score was out the window so I thought screw it I'm going for it in 2.

The shot is blind so I send a partner up to make sure they are on the green, he says yes. I've played the hole almost every Sunday for the last 5 years and have never been home in 2, so I'm not worried about hitting them. I pull the 5w, swing away and man did it feel awesome, that center face, rocket launching feel that we all chase. I get a chorus of O wow's as it gets up and going.

So there I am all proud of myself for a fleeting 4-6 seconds and I hear a BAM! come from the area my ball was heading. I run up the hill in time to see the group in front of me all holding up their arms pointing at their cars. I hit their carts that were 10 yards beyond the green and to the right of it. I drove up expecting a little razzing, it was a group from our usual Sunday stableford and they were all smiles and full of great hit! when I told them how far out I was and apologized like crazy.

SHORT story
I hit the 5w 230 into the group in front of us' carts and I love this club!

Finally able to get some swings in with the standard 5w on the course instead of the range this last weekend.

Mostly from the deck and it did exactly what I wanted to everytime. I've always struggled with FWs but as my home course is rather short there isn't much of a need for FWs and as such I would carry a 3w but may swing it once a round, normally it was just taking up space.

LONG story:
So yesterday I'm 220 out on a par five. First 80-90 yards are up hill with the rest being flat. Green is tiny, with trouble left right and behind (left and right only leaves you 10 yards on either side for a safe shot) I'm not a long hitter and the trouble far out ways the safe so I usually lay up and wedge on. Well yesterday's round was up and down, mostly down, a decent score was out the window so I thought screw it I'm going for it in 2.

The shot is blind so I send a partner up to make sure they are on the green, he says yes. I've played the hole almost every Sunday for the last 5 years and have never been home in 2, so I'm not worried about hitting them. I pull the 5w, swing away and man did it feel awesome, that center face, rocket launching feel that we all chase. I get a chorus of O wow's as it gets up and going.

So there I am all proud of myself for a fleeting 4-6 seconds and I hear a BAM! come from the area my ball was heading. I run up the hill in time to see the group in front of me all holding up their arms pointing at their cars. I hit their carts that were 10 yards beyond the green and to the right of it. I drove up expecting a little razzing, it was a group from our usual Sunday stableford and they were all smiles and full of great hit! when I told them how far out I was and apologized like crazy.

SHORT story

These fairway woods and hybrids are stupid long. I keep a little notebook with my carry distances. It's been fun bumping up my long club carries by 10 yards each from last year. The combination of a little extra speed and these clubs may completely change how I play the game. So pumped!

Will hopefully finally get the SZ 4wd out this weekend ... and it may get a lot of tee shots if the driver is like my last round

SHORT story

I did the same today except I thought I had grabbed the 5w but had grabbed the 3w instead. Luckily I was walking and didn't get up to the green until they were gone. The 3 & 5 wood paired with the Riptide shaft just go so straight and high. Really loving them so far. Can't wait for warmer weather. Today was 60* with 18 25 mph winds.

Hmmmm what do with after the 3H max, which is 19. Would like to with standard(not max), but it either 20(not enough of a gap), or 23(too much). What would you do? Thinking about g410 21* as it’s adjustable...

I don’t like distance monger hybrids. At all.

But, this (std 4) has been SO consistent that I’m making it fit into my 2020 setup and changing things around it to do so.

Jman I have the Apex 4 & 5 hybrids. The 5 goes 185 to 190 and the 4 goes 200 to 208 for me. Looking for a little more distance and tighter dispersion. Would the Mavrik be adding 5 to ten yards of distance on average. I don't want to add a lot of distance. So far no one is carrying these locally yet. So I haven't seen them yet. Now that Callaway is having another 150% trade-in. Pondering mode:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Jman I have the Apex 4 & 5 hybrids. The 5 goes 185 to 190 and the 4 goes 200 to 208 for me. Looking for a little more distance and tighter dispersion. Would the Mavrik be adding 5 to ten yards of distance on average. I don't want to add a lot of distance. So far no one is carrying these locally yet. So I haven't seen them yet. Now that Callaway is having another 150% trade-in. Pondering mode:unsure::unsure::unsure:
Impossible for me to say how far you’d hit them dude, not knowing or having seen your swing. But, I’ve no problem saying these are absolutely longer than the Apex.

For me, the standard hybrids are substantially longer. Maybe try the 23* 5H to replace the Apex 4 (also 23)?

Hmmmm what do with after the 3H max, which is 19. Would like to with standard(not max), but it either 20(not enough of a gap), or 23(too much). What would you do? Thinking about g410 21* as it’s adjustable...
Epic Flash 4H is 21° and also adjustable. Really good hybrid

For me, the standard hybrids are substantially longer. Maybe try the 23* 5H to replace the Apex 4 (also 23)?

That's what my fitter suggested, now I carry two 5 hybrids, apex 19 and standard Mavrik. Standard mavrik 5 hyrbrids is approx. 5-10 yards longer than old apex 4 hybrid but a lot more accurate and easier to hit.

Will hopefully finally get the SZ 4wd out this weekend ... and it may get a lot of tee shots if the driver is like my last round
Still debating the 4 and removing the 3&5. Hoping to get a little time with them tomorrow! The Driver is money so these can’t be chump change!

Still debating the 4 and removing the 3&5. Hoping to get a little time with them tomorrow! The Driver is money so these can’t be chump change!

I hit the 4w and SZ 4w and both were like coming home. So good. Bought the SZ its a ripper.

Alright I’m gonna say it, the Mav standard hybrid is my favorite club in my grandaddy bag. It’s that good.

Alright I’m gonna say it, the Mav standard hybrid is my favorite club in my grandaddy bag. It’s that good.

I can't wait until courses open up here to get the hybrid on course. The 4h is being ordered this week, and I'm just looking for a reason on the 3. Where the SuperHybrid is more of a niche club, I feel like the Mav std is the working mans super hybrid. Fast, easy to hit, forgiving, accurate, and a shape that will appeal to many. Did I mention I can't wait to get on course?

I hit the 4w and SZ 4w and both were like coming home. So good. Bought the SZ its a ripper.
One will most likely be making its way into my bag tomorrow ?

I think this is good idea ?. Did you have the Catalyst 70g shaft in yours? I will probably trade up as I have a couple of clubs that I can use. Thanks.

I can't wait until courses open up here to get the hybrid on course. The 4h is being ordered this week, and I'm just looking for a reason on the 3. Where the SuperHybrid is more of a niche club, I feel like the Mav std is the working mans super hybrid. Fast, easy to hit, forgiving, accurate, and a shape that will appeal to many. Did I mention I can't wait to get on course?
I really thought I might get a super hybrid going into the fitting but I couldn’t have been more wrong. I struggled hitting this in the middle of the face and even when I did, I started flirting with the net near the parking lot :oops:

Back