Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

Oh good grief, the clubs aren't going to implode if they don't have covers on them. First there's too many covers, then not enough. :cool:

Exposed to the sun in the Texas heat, they could, you never know. Flying shrapnel, it could be a disaster!!!

If two uncovered hybrids cause that much damage, I'm in the wrong game.

Love the sound of the SZ 4wd and am looking forward to hitting it again this weekend. Might play a shorter course and keep the driver in the bag except on par 5's

I currently have 3w 5w 7w and 4h 5h 6h, all in the Max. I've been going with a combo of 5 of those, but I think I've settled on keeping all 3 woods and then the 5h and 6h in the bag. I really like the hybrids, but the woods are just too good to leave out.

I think ultimately, you just have to think about your needs and what you'll typically use each club for, then narrow down to which ones you get. If you do that, I don't think you can go wrong.

Tomcat, what is your tapping with those woods and hybrids? Why didn't you go with the 3H?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hybrid covers usually just stay in the car, when they are in use.
WHAAAAAAAT???

You know they're not irons, right? And that paint, chips?

I currently have 3w 5w 7w and 4h 5h 6h, all in the Max. I've been going with a combo of 5 of those, but I think I've settled on keeping all 3 woods and then the 5h and 6h in the bag. I really like the hybrids, but the woods are just too good to leave out.

I think ultimately, you just have to think about your needs and what you'll typically use each club for, then narrow down to which ones you get. If you do that, I don't think you can go wrong.

I’ll probably end of same set up as you by beginning of summer or sooner.
3,5,7 and 5H and 6H.
Mavrik hybrid is so good. I think Mavrik lines are best of 2020. I’m sure SIM lines are good too but you need some speed to play their driver.

I'm going with D, 5W, Super Hybrid, 5H in the top end of my bag for now and seeing how it works out. I've always carried a 3W, but rarely use it and it's even more rare that I get good results with it when I do use it.

I don't know what the distances or gapping will look like yet. I should receive my clubs this week (except the SH, which is apparently back ordered).

Tomcat, what is your tapping with those woods and hybrids? Why didn't you go with the 3H?

I'm not sure on the 3w as I haven't had that on a monitor to verify anything.
5w is around 180
7w (same as 3w. Haven't had it in the bag very long since I got the EF 7w in Cali due to short supply)
My 4h and 5h were both right around the same 170 range, if I remember correctly, and 6h was 160.

While I'm continuing to work on my swing, yardages fluctuate from day to day, so it's all fluid. :)

During my fitting, we didn't have time to actually hit fairways and hybrids, and I knew I wanted 3/5/7w because we had heard so much about how easy they were to hit the night before during the presentation. I had some good experiences with my previous hybrids, but didn't want to leave a wood or two out of the bag in favor of a fourth hybrid. I say fourth, since the fitter and I had talked about irons from 7i-AW. I didn't want to expand the irons to 6, or make other changes at that point. So, we went with the hybrids 4-6, and still kept the 3 fairway options.

At this point, had I decided to go 3w/5w, then 3h-6h, I don't know that it would have be a bad option either. Really liking the hybrids so far.

It's a good problem to have.

WHAAAAAAAT???

You know they're not irons, right? And that paint, chips?

So....too many head covers....bad....not enough head covers...bad. Okay, got it.

I really think these fairways are something special. Was just destroying the standard 4 wood on the range today. Easy to hit, good launch, and pretty crazy distance. Very fun.

3d229eb3c28ec0423f14285f5e82b9d1.jpg

Picked up a Max 3W and Standard 5wood.
Kept the EF 7wood. Can’t bare to trade her in. She’s been so good to me.

After my driver fitting the fitter handed me the SZ 3wood. I was tired and took a few swings off the deck and tee'd up.
Easy to hit. Nice flight. Felt great. Hard to turn over left ... perfect for me. Said add one of these to my order.
Wise choice. Love the SZ. Surprisingly easy to hit considering its size and shape.

After my driver fitting the fitter handed me the SZ 3wood. I was tired and took a few swings off the deck and tee'd up.
Easy to hit. Nice flight. Felt great. Hard to turn over left ... perfect for me. Said add one of these to my order.
The SZ model is so easy to work either way. Will be a weapon for you.

3d229eb3c28ec0423f14285f5e82b9d1.jpg

Picked up a Max 3W and Standard 5wood.
Kept the EF 7wood. Can’t bare to trade her in. She’s been so good to me.

That sounds like a great combo

Had my fairway and driver fitting today. Since this is the fairway/hybrid thread, I won't touch on the drivers. I tried various 3, 4 and 5 woods: SIM, Mavrik (standard and subzero), TS3, ST200 and EXS 220.

I had previously demoed the Mavrik and SIM and was pretty certain that I'd be fit into the Mavrik subzero. When I demoed a subzero with the Tensei CK Pro Orange shaft, that thing had the tightest dispersion and went so straight.

So I was surprised to see that the standard Mavrik 4w had the best ball flight, the tightest dispersion and the farthest distance. Was getting tired by the end and it was affecting my swing. However, when I went back to the Mavrik standard, my consistency and distance returned.

Went to the range afterwards, and my bag is set for the season. The Mavrik standard 4w kicked my 3w and 5w out of the bag. Callaway hit these metal woods out of the park.

Daggummit...this 4H showed out today. Looks like it would be the perfect gap filler for me too. Ugh. Wanted to go dead straight. Even pulls were straight lines when I got too quick.

Took Max 3 & Standard 5 for spin yesterday. Quick 9 and range time night time.
Considering I’m not food fairway wood player. Max was easy to get airborne. Easy to launch from tee and easy enough to hit from turf. Launches much higher than EF without ballooning. From tee measured at 230y. Which is very good for me. But Standard 5 stole the show. So easy to hit and it gets to peak high in hurry. You could see this thing wants to go forward. Getting same distance as my EF 3(lofted at 17*) which is around 220y. but higher and quicker. I’m going to enjoy hitting this.
Feel wise definitely goes to Standard model. Max feels hollow with not much feel to it.
It probably used as my secondary tee option. It’s forgiving as my Mavrik driver.
I’m happy with my purchase.

Daggummit...this 4H showed out today. Looks like it would be the perfect gap filler for me too. Ugh. Wanted to go dead straight. Even pulls were straight lines when I got too quick.
I am trying to figure out how this is a bad thing...maybe for your wallet? :ROFLMAO:

I am trying to figure out how this is a bad thing...maybe for your wallet? :ROFLMAO:

Most fairways are generally pretty straight so I must say this is a good thing....haha

Exactly! I didn’t think the margin between this and the EF was distinguishable but it is.

3h and 5h delivered to my door today :D

Back