Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

I have xhot hybrids and fw's right now, how much more playable would the Mavriks be then the xhots? Would they hold the same forgiveness I see in the Mavrik Max driver?
Yes you would not lose anything by switching at all.

Please delete if this is not OK to post.

If anyone is looking for any of these clubs, CPO has a good sale off usual used prices until midnight tonight.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

I just got a notice that my "like new" Mavrik Max Heavenwood and 9 wood (Riptide 60 5.5 on both) were delivered today from CPO's 30% off sale last weekend. I may or may not have more on the way from that sale...

Got one last day to smash these fairway woods today! First hole is a par 5. After a meh drive that missed right, I lasered the flag at 250. Hit my 5W as pure as I ever have, perfect ball flight, just missing the green right but pin high. Easily my most impressive fairway wood shot off the deck.

bKc9wg+%Tmm51d7M2WVL3g.jpg

finally made some decent swings with the mav std 3h with stock catalyst 75 6.0. holy crap what a fun club. feels amazing, and flight was high with a little draw. that’s the par 5 second shot club i want! hoping i can take that to the course and see what this club can do.

finally made some decent swings with the mav std 3h with stock catalyst 75 6.0. holy crap what a fun club. feels amazing, and flight was high with a little draw. that’s the par 5 second shot club i want! hoping i can take that to the course and see what this club can do.

It’s stupid good off the tee too.

I rented a Max 5w for the Hogan UST event a few weeks ago but didn't really get along with it that well in limited action. Easily could have been my fault because the two best shots I hit with it I really backed off on my swing and they launched high and long.

Here's the deal: Have a Mavrik Max driver on the way. Now thinking about taking advantage of Callaway's BF deals to improve my woods.

Currently have a Ping G30 3W, Ping G SFT 5W, and the 7W that came with the TaylorMade clone set I inherited.

I've never been able to hit consistently with the 3W, and never gained much height with it when I have.

I was able to hit well with the Ping 5W, gain good height with it, too, off a mat at a driving range, when I was demo'ing it. I did have a strong tendency to fade or slice with it, though. Had to close the face much more than I do with most clubs to cure that. On the course I've had difficulty getting the ball off the deck.

The TM clone 7W has never done anything for me. (Neither did the 5W the Ping replaced.)

Everything I'm reading in this thread suggests the Mavrik Max woods were made for me, so I'm thinking of trading in the Ping G SFT 5W toward a Mavrik Max 5W and 7W, and simply leave the G30 3W out of the bag. (I'll keep it, as it's worth only $40 on a trade-in.) I kind of wanted to make room at the other end of the bag, anyway, and that 3W is my least productive club.

Does this seem like a rational course of action?

It will be something of a craps shoot if I do this, as I doubt I'll play again until around April or so. May be able to hit off the mats at the heated driving range nearby. But the sale is now, and my birthday's coming up the end of January, so... :)

Just snagged a 4H from CPO... Couldn't help myself. After trading in my Rogue hybrids, I'm only out $20-30.

Here's the deal: Have a Mavrik Max driver on the way. Now thinking about taking advantage of Callaway's BF deals to improve my woods.

Currently have a Ping G30 3W, Ping G SFT 5W, and the 7W that came with the TaylorMade clone set I inherited.

I've never been able to hit consistently with the 3W, and never gained much height with it when I have.

I was able to hit well with the Ping 5W, gain good height with it, too, off a mat at a driving range, when I was demo'ing it. I did have a strong tendency to fade or slice with it, though. Had to close the face much more than I do with most clubs to cure that. On the course I've had difficulty getting the ball off the deck.

The TM clone 7W has never done anything for me. (Neither did the 5W the Ping replaced.)

Everything I'm reading in this thread suggests the Mavrik Max woods were made for me, so I'm thinking of trading in the Ping G SFT 5W toward a Mavrik Max 5W and 7W, and simply leave the G30 3W out of the bag. (I'll keep it, as it's worth only $40 on a trade-in.) I kind of wanted to make room at the other end of the bag, anyway, and that 3W is my least productive club.

It will be something of a craps shoot if I do this, as I doubt I'll play again until around April or so. May be able to hit off the mats at the heated driving range nearby. But the sale is now, and my birthday's coming up the end of January, so... :)

Mavrik Max woods are super easy to launch due to the lower leading edge and definitely help with a right miss.

You sound like a perfect candidate for the Max line. I’ve struggled in the past to elevate fairway woods too, but that’s not the case with Max fairways. I actually had to go down from a HW (20*) to a 5W, and a 3W down to a 3+. And I hit the 3+ really high off the tee. My miss is usually left, so I make sure to keep the heavy weight back and swing smoothly, but you could probably try either configuration to see what works best.

They are super easy to hit. I have 3 and 5 SZ for mine and love them. The good thing about them is even being Max, you can still move the ball if needed Fade or draw.

Just snagged a 4H from CPO... Couldn't help myself. After trading in my Rogue hybrids, I'm only out $20-30.
Grabbed one of those recently as well. Hit it for the first time yesterday. Phenomenal. You'll love it.

@JMB3 @JonD @dacatalyst41 @Snickerdog

All of you are #enablers - All of you STOP IT!!
(Called my guy at CPO looking for a 13.5* Mavrik. don't know if I'm going to find one in a Reg or Stiff Flex)

Last edited:
13.5 is beast mode!!!! Love that fairway.
Talked to my guy, said he's going crazy with Inquires.
I'm either going to have to wait for one to come up on the site or pick one up new.

Talked to my guy, said he's going crazy with Inquires.
I'm either going to have to wait for one to come up on the site or pick one up new.
I saw some 3+ in stiff, no regular flex. Not sure which model you where looking for? I looked at SZ

Hmmm... Did I wait too long to do this? My guy at CPO warned me that if I wanted to do woods we should talk before the BF sale went live. I didn't know it was going to go live today. Oh well: If I'm too late, I'm too late. Wont' be the end of the world.

Hmmm... Did I wait too long to do this? My guy at CPO warned me that if I wanted to do woods we should talk before the BF sale went live. I didn't know it was going to go live today. Oh well: If I'm too late, I'm too late. Wont' be the end of the world.

Nope, there are still options on the site.

Got one last day to smash these fairway woods today! First hole is a par 5. After a meh drive that missed right, I lasered the flag at 250. Hit my 5W as pure as I ever have, perfect ball flight, just missing the green right but pin high. Easily my most impressive fairway wood shot off the deck.

View attachment 8974945

The fairway wood I hit this shot with: Max 5w with Ventus Red 6s. CPO has same setup listed for less than half what I paid... wow

The fairway wood I hit this shot with: Max 5w with Ventus Red 6s. CPO has same setup listed for less than half what I paid... wow
Having the Red Ventus would be worth it alone.

Having the Red Ventus would be worth it alone.
Would that be an appropriate shaft for a beginner/high-handicapper?

In the end I'll got with whatever my guy recommends, but might as well discuss in the meantime :) (I've got my call in to him. I'm just gonna go for it. You only live once.)

I just got notification that my Max 3W and 5W have been delivered from the 30% off CPO sale from last week. They will join the Max Heavenwood and 9W that arrived last week. I played those last two over the weekend in Sedona and had some really good shots with them, including a 180 yard shot from a sand bunker with the Heavenwood.

Is too much of a good thing a good thing?

Would that be an appropriate shaft for a beginner/high-handicapper?

In the end I'll got with whatever my guy recommends, but might as well discuss in the meantime :) (I've got my call in to him. I'm just gonna go for it. You only live once.)

It’s a phenomenal shaft but the stock shafts are great options too.

Back