Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

There were still three or four there just before I went to bed last night.

Anyway, I did better than that. Finally got through to my guy. Went through his Q&A. Mav Max with 5.0 Riptide 60 shaft was his recommendation, based on the results I'd realized with the Ping G SFT, which was what I expected. (But I wanted to be certain.) He put a 5w on reserve for me and said as soon as a 7w showed up he'd snag it, add it to the order, and call me back.

(Must. Resist. Urge. To. Add. 3w.)
You have 90 days to give it a whirl (Yes you lose a little money) however you'd have it in your hands... they are 50% off for less than a year old.

You have 90 days to give it a whirl (Yes you lose a little money) however you'd have it in your hands... they are 50% off for less than a year old.
Problem is that ninety days will be December, January, and February in S.E. Michigan. Absolutely the worst months of the year for golf around here. We'll see ;)

The Max 5W I ordered did not show up with the others. I spent a long time on hold yesterday but finally got a hold of a CS agent at CPO. He was able to track down the club and it was delivered today. The sale is awesome, but I have to give a big shout out for the great customer service at CPO!

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

After hitting the 5 wood i had to get the 3 wood. I dont regret getting it but knowing now how it performs i would definitely regret not getting it, its just that good.
Understand where you're coming from, @Elmave, but I think for me, at the present time, it would be wise to actually play what I have on-order before buying any more. Particularly since it's unlikely I'll get to play any of these clubs for about 4-5 months. (In fact: Considering that, what I'm doing is actually kind of nutty.) The worst that can happen is I end-up paying a bit more for the 3w if I later decide I want it.

Understand where you're coming from, @Elmave, but I think for me, at the present time, it would be wise to actually play what I have on-order before buying any more. Particularly since it's unlikely I'll get to play any of these clubs for about 4-5 months. (In fact: Considering that, what I'm doing is actually kind of nutty.) The worst that can happen is I end-up paying a bit more for the 3w if I later decide I want it.

Smart move. If you have a simulator nearby, go hit the 5w and 7w indoors. Trust me, you won’t be able to wait 4-5 months. :)

Anybody game a Max 3 hybrid? Just wondering how you like it. Is it your next longest club after your driver?

@JMB3, I didn't say I wasn't going to hit them. I just won't be able to play them. I will certainly look into what's available in the way of simulators, here-abouts. My favorite local golf store has some covered and heated outdoor bays. I would swear I've seen a golf dome off the major highway to the north of us. So I will be looking for opportunities to hit these new clubs.

But even then, and I'll consult with my guy at Callaway before doing this: Since the two woods are a birthday present, they might stay in the box until then. Now that will challenge my willpower ;)

When you get the “Shipped” notice

R-flex 7w's showed up this morning. Order placed!
banana.gif

And I did successfully resist the urge to add a 3w to the order, despite all y'all's help
lol.gif

When you get the “Shipped” notice

I'm impressed that as busy as they were. I'm receiving my 3+ and 3 hybrid on Monday. Already tracking:joy:
Just in time because now I can head down to Arkansas as I got final inspection on the house I built this Afternoon. A little clean up on Friday and I'm good to go. #ComeonGolf:banana:

I’m nearing the end of season if not already there and again these remained the stars of the show. I even picked up a 4h midway through the year just to have some other options for certain courses and I look back and some of my best shots were with these clubs. So nice to have confidence in these clubs going into another season.

4w incoming

And I did successfully resist the urge to add a 3w to the order, despite all y'all's help
lol.gif

Lol I didnt. Ordered a 3w last night to round out the top end of the bag to all Mavrik. So that makes a Mavrik driver, Mavrik 3w, Mavrik 5w, Mavrik 4h.

So, I gather there are a lot of new Mavrik few and hybrid owners after this past week? Lol, I feel like THP had a strong showing through their sale.

Contemplating a 7w and 11w upgrade from Epic Flash. Standard per sub zero?? Thoughts

I think I fell in love with the Marvik 5 wood today. It's so much more playable for me off the fairway and is going to gap way better for my setup. It's not going to be as much of a weapon off the tee as my 3 wood was but it should still fill in decent there. I loved the flight I was seeing and hope easy it was to elevate. It was nice not having any buyers remorse on this purchase today.

So last round of the year. 40° Tee time temp. Received my Mavrik Max 3+ and HW on Friday. 3+ was not hit at all and has a paint removed from the edge of the crown near the face/toe. Little Sharpie touch up and you can’t even see it. The HW was hit maybe once and still had the cellophane barcode wrapper near the grip.
Hit the 3+ first on the second hole from the tee. Wow this thing launch high and I have a 70S Riptide shaft. I hit it real well, even the golfers in my group notice how well I hit it. Didn’t push left at all. 3rd hole I wanted to hit down the left side and was able to so. This 3+ is in the bag for sure. Was even able to hit off the deck, which I didn’t expect to do. Used the HW on a par 5 and was move the ball “North and South” again, really high launch. Think I’ll have to think about it reshafting them with something with a lower launch. Overall I was pleased with the first round with these Fairway Woods and I’d wish I tried them earlier in the year. Two typical holes today (In to the wind)
1606615726986.png
1606615625879.png

I think I fell in love with the Marvik 5 wood today. It's so much more playable for me off the fairway and is going to gap way better for my setup. It's not going to be as much of a weapon off the tee as my 3 wood was but it should still fill in decent there. I loved the flight I was seeing and hope easy it was to elevate. It was nice not having any buyers remorse on this purchase today.
5w SZ is a beast and you are right it launches so easy. When I need a safe go to that is the club I will grab.

5w SZ is a beast and you are right it launches so easy. When I need a safe go to that is the club I will grab.
I was torn on whether to go SZ or regular and decided regular. I had the SZ Flash 5 wood and that thing was a weapon for me so I hope I don't end up regretting not going SZ in this. Time will tell but boy did I this one well today.

I caved and grabbed a Mavrik Max 7W (average condition) for $108. I was all set to get an Epic Flash Heavenwood in new condition, but so many THPers have raved about the Mavrik I just had to try it.

Good thing I looked one last time, because for most of the holiday weekend there have been no 7W in anything but senior flex.

Back