Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

I have been pounding my Max driver to the point that my playing partners are amazed. Although, I have been struggling with the Mav 4w and Max hybrids. Just need some time to acclimate.

Thanks! 3 woods have never been kind to me. I can crank my Epic Flash 5W but can't consistently hit the 3 worth a darn. I picked up the standard Mav and am anxious to see the results from it.

Snicks can elevate any fairway wood. I’m kind of on the opposite side of the spectrum—low launch and spin. I have the Max fairways now but I did have the standard 3w, which I loved too. I think the standard fairways have a slightly hotter face and they feel amazing. I loved the 3w off the tee. I could hit it off the fairway, but it didn’t quite launch as high as the Max, which is why I made the change.

3/4 hybrids got a good workout over the weekend on a course that forces some layups off the tee, and I was able to hit them in a couple of situations.

Other than one tee shot on a par 3 that was 100% on me, these were the highlight of the day. Starting to see some 5W like distances out of the 3H again, even off the deck. I'm starting to wish they made a 2H in this lineup.

Maiden voyage with my MavSZ 15* Sunday was a success. I hit it 3 times off the tee and they were are very good. 1 on a very tight driving hole.

Thanks! 3 woods have never been kind to me. I can crank my Epic Flash 5W but can't consistently hit the 3 worth a darn. I picked up the standard Mav and am anxious to see the results from it.

I'm still struggling to hit the standard 3W consistently - but it's all on me. When I was fit for it, I was hitting it farther than my driver at the time.

Snicks can elevate any fairway wood. I’m kind of on the opposite side of the spectrum—low launch and spin. I have the Max fairways now but I did have the standard 3w, which I loved too. I think the standard fairways have a slightly hotter face and they feel amazing. I loved the 3w off the tee. I could hit it off the fairway, but it didn’t quite launch as high as the Max, which is why I made the change.

I actually expected to hit the Max 3w better, but the fitter said the standard 3W had better numbers for me. It hasn't translated to success on the course though.

The Max 7W has been money though! It just seems hard not to hit a good shot with this club. Yesterday was another good example: last hole is a par 3 I lasered at 173 yards into a stiff breeze. I worked on taking a smooth, effortless swing & put a nice tight draw into the green for a closing par. This hole is my nemesis hole - I never do well on it - it's tight with no place to miss right or left.

The Max 7W makes golf a lot easier for me right now. Can't say enough good things about it!

Played a course today that let me hit the 5w off the tee quite a bit and the SZ performed excellent. Good height on the tee shots and distance was right out there at 200-210 yards.
One thing I like about it is that I can move the ball either way when needed.

I've only played a few rounds with the Mavrik 3W, but so far I am hitting it better off than the Epic Flash I've used the last couple of years, averaging 10 yards longer. I am still not overly thrilled with the ball flight off the deck, lower than I would like but very piercing, but that is on me. I definitely need to work on that. Off the tee the launch is ideal, high, flat and penetrating!

Only got to use my Mavrik 3 Wood once in my nine hole round Friday. The wind was at my back on a short par 4 and I used the Mavrik 3 Wood with bad intentions. Carrying the water wasn’t an issue. The ball rose into the air with ease and carried like a missile. I’m looking forward to attacking par 5’s with this club!
423B6964-9421-4F37-85C8-92067DB987E4.jpeg

I finally got my Mavrik Max fairways back and I'm SO HAPPY. For some reason, didn't pack the 3W, and I didn't pull 5W until the 11th hole. Driver swing is coming around but it wasn't reliable today so I pulled 5W to hit off the tee on a short par 5 (495) where you tee off on a 100-foot cliff. The elevation obviously aided my distance, but I hit a bomb that left me just over 200 into the green. Switched to 5W for the rest of the round. It was very good, but I did hit it a bit too high on a few holes--wish I had the 3W.

Packed the 3W and 5W today, using the 3W to tee off on most holes. Hit some fantastic tee shots, though got a little too much movement left on a few. The 3W is plenty long, as I kept up with my buddies who used driver all day. As a tee option, though, I may need a little less draw bias.

The 5W paired with Ventus Red is just silly. On a par 5, my ball was next to the 250 marker. But about 100 yards in front of me was a massive, leafless tree blocking my line to the green. So I swung fast, and went right over the top of it. My ball finished just left of the green, pin high. A shot I'd probably never attempt in the past. Very fun club.

The Mavrik Max 7W continues to be a freaking star in my bag. Anywhere from 185 yards down to 165 (choked up, I.e., gripping down a couple of inches). Ball just goes straight and high and stops quickly on the green.

The 3W is still a mystery - it’s totally my fault as I’m struggling to hit any decent shots with long irons & woods (which is why I’m loving that 7W so much! It’s the lone outlier right now)

The Mavrik Max 7W continues to be a freaking star in my bag. Anywhere from 185 yards down to 165 (choked up, I.e., gripping down a couple of inches). Ball just goes straight and high and stops quickly on the green.

The 3W is still a mystery - it’s totally my fault as I’m struggling to hit any decent shots with long irons & woods (which is why I’m loving that 7W so much! It’s the lone outlier right now)
How do you hit the 5W? Use that swing on the 3w.

So recently switched the shafts in my Mav Max fwy woods to the MMT 70x and it was the best decision I have made! Hit some great shots with my 3w today, specifically number 9 tee shot! 255 straight down the gut!

Question on my Maverick.
Today I noticed a hairline crack on the crown of my driver, about 1/2 inch from the face.
Is this paint cracking or the drivers crown?

20210411_170922.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Question on my Maverick.
Today I noticed a hairline crack on the crown of my driver, about 1/2 inch from the face.
Is this paint cracking or the drivers crown?

View attachment 9002509

Hard to see with the reflections, maybe try and get a better pic of it please.

The wave pattern looks more like a scratch than a crack. Is it going through? The top line is pretty scuffed up (could be reflection) could clubs be hitting the crown in the bag or an extra shaft tip scratching it up?

Hard to get angle on this crack.View attachment 9002571

Have never seen that before. Can you get a fingernail on it? Could be a deep scratch. If It is cracked you should be able to push on one side of that line and feel it move inwards.

Have never seen that before. Can you get a fingernail on it? Could be a deep scratch. If It is cracked you should be able to push on one side of that line and feel it move inwards.
It's a crack no doubt, I hit a few just now and can hear a different sound coming from the club.
Called Ryan from Callaway and will be sending me new club. BEST customer service !!
Thanks Snickerdog!!!!

It's a crack no doubt, I hit a few just now and can hear a different sound coming from the club.
Called Ryan from Callaway and will be sending me new club. BEST customer service !!
Thanks Snickerdog!!!!

Glad they are taking care of it. Callaway customer service is the best in the business when it comes to things like this.
Happy to help.

The Mav 4W has been a solid club for me so far this year. There is a particular par 5 on my home course where I have never previously reached in 2, until yesterday. Confidence level is high with this club.

Back