Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

The Mav 4W has been a solid club for me so far this year. There is a particular par 5 on my home course where I have never previously reached in 2, until yesterday. Confidence level is high with this club.
Exact same position. I've been on in two more often than not since getting my MAV 4W a few weeks ago. It's so good.

I should be posting more in this thread. I replaced my old RBX Stage-2 3W last fall with the Mavrik 3W and Accra shaft. When I was getting fit, that was the first combo he had me try and I immediately told him to write it up.

A few rounds later and it is easily my favorite club in my bag. So easy to hit and well struck balls from the FW often go nearly as far as my driver. Just an amazing club.

I can’t believe how easy the Mavrik Max 3W is to hit off the deck! First swing was the 2nd shot to a par 5 where even with good contact I come up short of the green. It was off a tight fairway lie, about a 12mph wind at my back, temps in mid 50s, slightly uphill until you get the the green, then the green is 54 yards deep and severely slopes back to front. I ended up just off the back of the green 238 yards from where I struck it! Incredible!

I can’t believe how easy the Mavrik Max 3W is to hit off the deck! First swing was the 2nd shot to a par 5 where even with good contact I come up short of the green. It was off a tight fairway lie, about a 12mph wind at my back, temps in mid 50s, slightly uphill until you get the the green, then the green is 54 yards deep and severely slopes back to front. I ended up just off the back of the green 238 yards from where I struck it! Incredible!
I love mine! Wait till you hit a tee shot with that beast!

I love mine! Wait till you hit a tee shot with that beast!
I can only imagine! Unfortunately, the only holes that set up for a 3W off the tee where I belong are if they are into the wind so I won't get a good indication of just how far they could go under "normal" conditions! :)

I know it is early in the season but I have been struggling with my Mav 4w and four max hybrids that I have. Very inconsistent with them. I also have a Max driver that has been the best driver I have ever owned, as I am really smashing it long and straight, just can't get the fw/hybrids to work. I just think it is a matter of time although.

Mavrik fairways are probably the best clubs in my bag right now. Just nice consistent strikes with good ball flight.

Mavrik fairways are probably the best clubs in my bag right now. Just nice consistent strikes with good ball flight.
I thought they were great last year they are getting even better this year. I went from struggling to hit a three wood to having total confidence in it and looking forward to the opportunity to hit it. And as easy as the three wood is to launch and hit well the five wood is even easier. Great fairway woods.

Mavrik Max 3+ was ridiculously good today. Didn’t even really need driver. Long and straight. The lefts were an issue on only one hole where I caught it way off the toe. Otherwise, decent swings were all rewarded. Love these clubs!

I'm still playing both of my fairways from the Grandaddy. 3 and 5 SZ. These are still performing great for me.
Had a shot today from 215 with a bit of wind behind me and blew it over the green. :oops:
I really like how easy these are to hit and launch. Good ball flight and trajectories.

I've been hitting the Mav 5W so well that one of my buddies just ordered one from CPO, he wants some o' that!

I think I can honestly say my Mavrik SZ fairways are the best fairways I have ever hit. Hit the 3w from 238 today and ended up right about 228 with the roll out. Which for me is really good. I like the 5W as I get some really nice height on it and the carry is great. I can play the ball both ways with these but favor a small draw.
Stock Evenflow Riptide shaft in 60g 5.5 is perfect for my swing and swing speed.

I think I can honestly say my Mavrik SZ fairways are the best fairways I have ever hit.

This is how I feel about the hybrids! I had a 3W that was great, but ended up going 4W this year and went with the new Speed. Could easily have gone with a Mav from CPO though.

Really loving my 5W SZ. 213 to elevated green into about a 8mph wind today and put it pin high just left of green. Easy to launch and they never balloon.

Really loving my 5W SZ. 213 to elevated green into about a 8mph wind today and put it pin high just left of green. Easy to launch and they never balloon.
Similar shot for me today with the Mav 5W. I had 203 to an elevated green, hit a baby draw that bounced just short of the green, rolled on and stopped pin high, leaving me a 12 foot putt for birdie (and no, I didn’t sink the putt!). Also had a couple tee shots with it that were in the 220-225 range.

I think I may have hit the standard Mavrik 3W a little longer than the Max but I could barely get it 10 feet off the ground. I got a lot of distance through a lot of roll. I much prefer he ball flight I get with the Max and the distance loss isn't all that much.

Have been having issues taking 3 wood off the deck lately (need to stop trying to hit it so hard), but I hit this 265 yard beauty on Friday at the short par 3 course and nearly made eagle! When I’m not swinging like an idiot this thing is so easy to launch.
2C4CAB95-B6D9-4E22-BAEB-B0A2019C9CE9.jpeg

mav pro hybrid just continues to be perfect. had 270 to a par 5, but pushed my drive into the right rough and was snookered behind a tree. hit a smooth high cut back into the fair that finished inside 60 yards. it’s just one of the most consistent clubs in my bag and i have zero desire to change it.

mav pro hybrid just continues to be perfect. had 270 to a par 5, but pushed my drive into the right rough and was snookered behind a tree. hit a smooth high cut back into the fair that finished inside 60 yards. it’s just one of the most consistent clubs in my bag and i have zero desire to change it.
I absolutely love my Mac Max fwy woods! Topped a tee shot yesterday about 50 yards. Had 205 to pin and hit a choked down 5w at about 75% and it landed 2’ from the pin and rolled out to about 10’ and then 2 putted for par. Should have made birdie but I’ll gladly take par from the initial screwup lol

Still a huge fan of the SZ fairways. Easy to hit off the deck or tee. They got it correct with the stock Riptide shaft.

I have a Mavrik Max 7-wood on the way and reading this thread am getting REALLY exited :D.

I have a Mavrik Max 7-wood on the way and reading this thread am getting REALLY exited :D.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts after you get a few swings on it!

Still a huge fan of the SZ fairways. Easy to hit off the deck or tee. They got it correct with the stock Riptide shaft.
I hit the riptide shaft ok, but I hit the MMT so much better. I think a lot of it had to do with getting the wrong stiffness and weight in it. I didn't realize it till a long while later after ordering that I ordered too light. I switched to a heavier and stiffer shaft and it has made a world of difference.

I meant to second a part of your post the other day. First time in a hot minute I have had fairway woods that I don't want out of the bag. I'd say about the only thing that could kick them out of the bag is the epic max fairway woods, but honestly, I have no desire to hit them right now. Being able to hit off a tight lie in the fairway, out of the rough and also bombs off the tee with them makes it to where these will not be leaving the bag any time soon. Being able to hit a 250-260 yard 3w off the tee is fantastic!

I'm still loving my Mavrik 3W. So easy to hit.

Back