Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

gonna put the mav sz driver back in the bag to see if my improvement with my driver is solely the result of my fitting...or if I am actually improving off the tee.

gonna put the mav sz driver back in the bag to see if my improvement with my driver is solely the result of my fitting...or if I am actually improving off the tee.

I am still all in on my Mavrik SZ fairways. So easy to hit a draw or fade with them. I still play the stock Riptide shaft I was fit into at ECPC and it performs well for me.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts after you get a few swings on it!

After hitting it on the range the other day, I gave my Mavrik Max 7-wood a go last night and all I can say is WOW! I used it for several shots, including an approach shot on a long par 4 (388 yards) after hitting my best drive of the night, I ended up just in front of the green, then tee'd off with it on the next hole (a 280 yard par 4) leaving myself about 110 to the pin. So far the Max 7 wood looks to be a 170 yard +/- club for me. The Epic Flash Heavenwood is history, but I'll likely keep the 9-wood in the bag which is about 155-160 yards.

Last edited:
I put my Mavrik 4w in play today, hit it twice, both really good shots. I never gave this club a fair chance, I feel like I need to now.

After a couple of rounds and a range session with my 4h I'm not sure it's possible to hit a truly bad shot with it as long as you get some part of the club face on it

Played quite a few fairways off the tee and deck today, and the SZ are still great.

Mavrik Max 5W is just such a good , versatile, easy to hit , consistent fairway wood.
Prefer the 5w over the 3w, just so much easier to hit in the SZ model.

I’d love to have a 5W in my bag, but it’s not going to happen with the Grandaddy a few months away. I don’t get to hit my 3W as often as I’d like. Only used it once on Saturday and pulled / popped it up. Hole is downhill and it still went 250 and didn’t miss the fairway by much and gave me a chance to hit the par 5 in two. Love these fairways!

I don't think I've ever hit a 3W as consistently good as I do with the Mavrik Max.

I am still all in on my Mavrik SZ fairways. So easy to hit a draw or fade with them. I still play the stock Riptide shaft I was fit into at ECPC and it performs well for me.
I don't forsee my Mavrik Max fairways going anywhere any time soon. Since putting the MMT 70x in them, they are absolute beasts! I have had a couple off the tee with my 3w in the 260 range, which is just crazy to me, but hitting 245-250 off the tee consistently with the 3w when I don't need the driver is just fantastic. Off the deck they are great. Soooo easy to elevate. Especially when you are in the first cut and the ball is sitting up just a tad!

I just traded my 4 & 5 Max Hybrids for 5 & 7 FW. I can hit the FW MUCH easier than the hybrids. Totally surprised by the difference! I had tried hitting a 5W a while back and wasn't happy, but decided I couldn't hit it any worse than my hybrids so I made the leap and was SO happy that I did. I hit a 150 yd approach on Saturday to an elevated green with my 7W. The ball landed and stopped with about 3 feet of travel.

I'm really enjoying the Epic Super 2H but have no interest in moving my 3 & 4 Mav hybrids right now. Just such great options for me.

Hit my recently purchased Mavrik Max #3 fairway today. Helium Black 5 shaft. This year for the most part I have moved on up to the senior tees and at 76 I am okay with it. I am finding that there are more par fours where driver is not needed. I purchased it for tee shots and it delivers everything I expected and then some. I am ready to go. Misses are right rough and if I line up left side of fairway should be good to go. Really easy to hit and it really jumps out there a good distance. Off the tee this is the best 3 wood setup I have experienced. The Helium Black 5 series has good stability and feels smooth. Play Helium Black 4 or Helium silver 60 in Driver.

Last edited:
Took the risk and bought a 3W off the Callaway Pre-Owned EU store. I've never had a 3W and rarely play a Driver. So this is a big experiment for me but reading the reviews and discussion here - I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs. If it works then will make a huge difference to me off the tee....

A

Took the risk and bought a 3W off the Callaway Pre-Owned EU store. I've never had a 3W and rarely play a Driver. So this is a big experiment for me but reading the reviews and discussion here - I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs. If it works then will make a huge difference to me off the tee....

A
I extended mine +.50 inches upon arrival. I got the Mavrik Max and it should work very well for you

A
Well, took the 3W SZ with TX shaft to my lesson... After working on my irons for the first part, eventually got the 3W out. First hit made a great sound and feel was superb. Furthest I've ever hit a ball and down the middle. Flight was a bit low but we both looked at each other and said, that club is not going back....

Remarkably consistent in flight even with inconsistent strikes. I think I'm going to enjoy this one.

Thanks to all for their input earlier in the thread, really helped me.

A

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

And just adding the SZ Driver also with a Tensei CK Pro Blue TX shaft....

A

Last edited:
I have the standard Mavrik 3W with a stiff riptide shaft and it is a fairway finder off the tee. I love it on shorter par 4's or longer par 3's (210-215).
I struggle a bit hitting from the fairway however, which I think is more to do with my over the top swing and trying hit the ball to hard on a second shot on a par 5. When I do make solid contact however this club is awesome.
CPO has them on sale from time to time for just over 100. 100% worth it.

So - some testing with the 3W SZ on the range - heavier weight at the front and a lowish tee seemed to be the optimum so far to promote a good flight and distance. Difficult to tell how far but dispersion was much better than I've seen with any other Wood or Driver, so fingers crossed this is a good one.

🙏

Really enjoying my Mav Max 3W. 5W and 3H. Although I'm revamping my bag next year it'll be interesting to see what comes out in January!

Having the Mavrik Max in Driver, 3w, 5w and 4h has been a great adjustment to the top of my bag, but I love what I see from the 5w off the deck and the 3w off the tee on strategic driving holes.

I have found the Mav Max to be pretty easy to hit off the deck. I do tee them really low though too.

Back