Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

I can’t wait for spring. I’m teeing off on hole one with that 5 wood and tiger walking that tee pickup.

good idea. but will you hit it again after you top it 5 feet in front of the tee box?

I think you’re getting one anyway! Lol
The one thing that scares me is the head not being removable. I travel a descent amount with my clubs and am terrified of how the airlines handle them. I take the heads in my carry on lol.

So I'm in a dilemma. I went to Edwin Watts today and they didn't have the Mavrik Max fwy woods so I hit a SZ and the feel off the face felt great. With trading in what I am thinking about trading I am out the door at $62. My dilemma is do I continue to work with the Flash or do I pull the trigger on the Max 3 and 5w. I struggle with everything going right on the flash fwy woods and the optifit settings are -1/D. Any advice from the Grandaddy guys that were fit into the Max woods?

i really don’t feel like my max fairways are draw biased. that said, they are not fade biased either. man, that’s a tough one. i’ll say i don’t think you’d be giving up anything by going to max, probably stand to gain a heck of a lot more.

case in point was something i mentioned in my write up. i thought the flight i got out of the flash i tested ecpc was “proper.” but gerritt was quick to point out that it was way too low, and the higher height out of the max was proper. so the max helps get lower launch guys like me to hit the intended launch and spin windows for fairways at these lofts.

So I'm in a dilemma. I went to Edwin Watts today and they didn't have the Mavrik Max fwy woods so I hit a SZ and the feel off the face felt great. With trading in what I am thinking about trading I am out the door at $62. My dilemma is do I continue to work with the Flash or do I pull the trigger on the Max 3 and 5w. I struggle with everything going right on the flash fwy woods and the optifit settings are -1/D. Any advice from the Grandaddy guys that were fit into the Max woods?
I have the worst slice in the history of the granddaddy. My 5w no longer goes right. Take that for what you will. I have the Max.

i really don’t feel like my max fairways are draw biased. that said, they are not fade biased either. man, that’s a tough one. i’ll say i don’t think you’d be giving up anything by going to max, probably stand to gain a heck of a lot more.

case in point was something i mentioned in my write up. i thought the flight i got out of the flash i tested ecpc was “proper.” but gerritt was quick to point out that it was way too low, and the higher height out of the max was proper. so the max helps get lower launch guys like me to hit the intended launch and spin windows for fairways at these lofts.
Launch usually isn't an issue with me. I usually am trying to keep ball height down if anything lol. Either way, I have made some adjustments to my woods and when the Edwin Watts gets the Max in I'm going to go hit them and then make a determination. I want to make sure they are right for me before I jump. For instance I was fitted for Apex standard at ECPC, STD length and lie. I took the irons in to Edwin Watts to get the lofts and lies checked and they had to be adjusted across the board for most clubs, but the bigger thing was either my swing has changed or I had a garbage swing at ECPC or a combo of those and my irons are now bent 1.5* upright. I hit the 7 iron so flush today if made me gitty. I haven't been that excited to hit a club since the day I was fitted at ECPC. I just have to do some tinkering and comparing to make my decision.

I have the worst slice in the history of the granddaddy. My 5w no longer goes right. Take that for what you will. I have the Max.
You aren't making this any easier lol.

20200113_162503.jpg

I was fit into the Mavrik Sub Zero 15* 3 wood during the 2019 Grandaddy. The technology that went into this club and the entire line of Mavrik woods and irons is staggering. The second generation AI designed face is incredibly fast with the CT measurements never seen before in fairway woods. Jailbreak technology is back because quite simply it works and works quite well. The Sub Zero has two weights in the sole that can be swapped around to customize the launch and spin to what works best for you. During the presentation it was revealed that the Aldila Rogue White MSI 130 would be the stock shaft in the Mavrik Sub Zero Woods. I was excited by this news and was hoping that it would be a good fit for me the next morning.

20200113_163035.jpg

20200113_163103.jpg

20200113_163141.jpg

It was also confirmed that this is the real deal Rogue White not some watered down version.

20200113_162433.jpg

20200113_161708.jpg

20200113_162550.jpg

The orange accents look great to me, not too loud. If orange is a deal killer for you then you can have a custom version built for you with tons of color options. The carbon fiber weave looks good and fades to a deep black on top of the face where the chevron alignment mark is.

Lets dive into some numbers. I hit this on trackman and the numbers are great and what is surprising to me is how tight the dispersion is with 7 yards being the farthest off line. My averages are:

Club speed 102.46
Ball speed 147.8
Smash factor 1.442
Spin 3201
Carry 234
Total 256

During my fitting at ECPC i was seeing carry of 250 and total 270. I have not been able to duplicate that since I have returned to Texas but I need to play around with the sole weights to see if they are the same as my fitting sheet.

20200113_120238.jpg

This was my best of the day with 1.49 smash factor and 151 ball speed.

20200113_123815.jpg

This was my worst of the session and I cannot believe how good off center strikes are with this club!! The 1.39 smash factor tells me it was far from perfect but the ball still carried 232 with total distance 253. That is only five yards shorter than my best although the smash was way worse. The AI face in this club and the entire Mavrik line is just amazing, serious ball speed in the center of the face and ultra forgiving on the perimeter.

View attachment 8923192

I was fit into the Mavrik Sub Zero 15* 3 wood during the 2019 Grandaddy. The technology that went into this club and the entire line of Mavrik woods and irons is staggering. The second generation AI designed face is incredibly fast with the CT measurements never seen before in fairway woods. Jailbreak technology is back because quite simply it works and works quite well. The Sub Zero has two weights in the sole that can be swapped around to customize the launch and spin to what works best for you. During the presentation it was revealed that the Aldila Rogue White MSI 130 would be the stock shaft in the Mavrik Sub Zero Woods. I was excited by this news and was hoping that it would be a good fit for me the next morning.

View attachment 8923193

View attachment 8923194

View attachment 8923195

It was also confirmed that this is the real deal Rogue White not some watered down version.

View attachment 8923196

View attachment 8923197

View attachment 8923198

The orange accents look great to me, not too loud. If orange is a deal killer for you then you can have a custom version built for you with tons of color options. The carbon fiber weave looks good and fades to a deep black on top of the face where the chevron alignment mark is.

Lets dive into some numbers. I hit this on trackman and the numbers are great and what is surprising to me is how tight the dispersion is with 7 yards being the farthest off line. My averages are:

Club speed 102.46
Ball speed 147.8
Smash factor 1.442
Spin 3201
Carry 234
Total 256

During my fitting at ECPC i was seeing carry of 250 and total 270. I have not been able to duplicate that since I have returned to Texas but I need to play around with the sole weights to see if they are the same as my fitting sheet.

View attachment 8923202

View attachment 8923203

This was my worst of the session and I cannot believe how good off center strikes are with this club!! The 1.39 smash factor tells me it was far from perfect but the ball still carried 232 with total distance 253. That is only five yards shorter than my best although the smash was way worse. The AI face in this club and the entire Mavrik line is just amazing, serious ball speed in the center of the face and ultra forgiving on the perimeter.

this tells a great story on the mishits and ball speed retention. The A.I. face for each of these heads and lofts is amazing technology.

I want to try a 13.5 after having hit the 5w for the review I’m writing.

What head though? That’d be tough.

View attachment 8923192

View attachment 8923193

View attachment 8923194

View attachment 8923195

View attachment 8923196

View attachment 8923197

View attachment 8923198

Club speed 102.46
Ball speed 147.8
Smash factor 1.442
Spin 3201
Carry 234
Total 256

View attachment 8923202

View attachment 8923203

Great write up Dan!!!
Seeing this really does show how good of a job that Callaway has done with the face these clubs and how good they can be for guys and gals.

I want to try a 13.5 after having hit the 5w for the review I’m writing.

What head though? That’d be tough.
Standard I think you could mash!!!! I have it and love it, it is taken me to new yardages for sure.

Waiting on my max 3+ ... bombs
You got fit into the Max woods correct? That being said what did you have prior and did you struggle with the rights on fwy woods? I'm trying to decide if I should get the max as replacements for my Epic Flash woods.

You got fit into the Max woods correct? That being said what did you have prior and did you struggle with the rights on fwy woods? I'm trying to decide if I should get the max as replacements for my Epic Flash woods.
I played the g410 before - was really my first foray, and I quite liked them. Never struggled with the rights. The max doesn’t feel super draw biased and I’m not scared of it going left. It is disgustingly easy to launch. I’d definitely try them

I
I played the g410 before - was really my first foray, and I quite liked them. Never struggled with the rights. The max doesn’t feel super draw biased and I’m not scared of it going left. It is disgustingly easy to launch. I’d definitely try them
I don't struggle with launch but, correct me if I'm wrong, the Max has a more shallow face than the other 2 models correct? That's what I really want is the shallow face.

Here is the Mavrik standard comparing to the Srixon.
FB6F5679-8BCA-4161-9E36-3AB8F3E71C53.jpeg
2EDBBB57-7A36-4B16-B8BC-5B59A9921D22.jpeg
86843FD5-F9FE-4A1E-A484-78BB21C3749E.jpeg

70C5E7C0-7C19-4543-86AF-18DAE540BD12.jpegE1917D7E-CB56-4D07-8827-39E545277E87.jpegA37858FB-F063-482A-8AF9-57EA3EA5E605.jpeg39BC63ED-DBF7-431E-9D78-9A2CCF9A8B28.jpeg

Thoughts to come later.

Put some work in with the Max 5w at the range today and I’m still impressed and infatuated. So easy to launch and the face is mega hot. They just feel powerful.

Max face look as closed as it has in some pics?

Max face look as closed as it has in some pics?

to me it is a little, but not like the pictures are showing

Back