Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

I know it looks it but when you are over it hitting, it doesn’t feel shut. I also haven’t nuked one left yet? ??‍♂️
It’s a preference thing. Fairways are one thing where if they look closed to me I just can’t get over it. :(

It’s a preference thing. Fairways are one thing where if they look closed to me I just can’t get over it. :(

I am completely the same. That is why I currently do not have a fairway wood.

Hear you for sure. I hope are at least able to hit one and see how it looks to you in person. As someone that has very little history with Fw woods (never felt comfy with them), these are a breath of fresh air.

I spent some time with the Max 3w at the range tonight. I'm working on a back issue, and today I was able to get through the ball better. I'm also trying to get my swing back to what my instructor had me working on. Teeing this up just a smidge higher, and making a better swing, I saw some pretty nutso distances. Like, I hit the driver after and I swear several of those 3w shots weren't that far off of the better driver shots. I was seeing some impressive forgiveness, too, especially out the heel. Maybe I shouldn't give up on that 3w as a tee option quite yet...

I tried to go hit these today. Not a single DSG or GG in my area has any LH fairways to hit. The big GG has a couple of driver heads, but that’s it. Makes it very hard to buy one, when I can’t even hit a demo. Very frustrating for sure.

Def closed a bit. Hmm ???

i owned a rogue 5w. even had will at peoples club hotmelt it to tame the lefts. but doggone it would still go left if i wasn’t careful. haven’t snapped a single strike with the max 5w yet.

I tried to go hit these today. Not a single DSG or GG in my area has any LH fairways to hit. The big GG has a couple of driver heads, but that’s it. Makes it very hard to buy one, when I can’t even hit a demo. Very frustrating for sure.

Maybe they are finally taking a collective stance against wrong handedness.

Same, i went to GG today and all they had in LH was the Mavrik standard irons, no woods or drivers. The irons felt great though

For those that have a few minutes, check out the latest Callaway Talks video. @DNevsCG is joined by Dr. Alan Hocknell head of R&D at Callaway. They take the deep dive into this lineup and what makes each unique. For those that love it, there is a ton of information to help you understand the technology behind the clubs.

Great video, thanks for sharing....i enjoyed that.

i owned a rogue 5w. even had will at peoples club hotmelt it to tame the lefts. but doggone it would still go left if i wasn’t careful. haven’t snapped a single strike with the max 5w yet.
Rogue fairways scarred me. Haha

SZ usually sits square, but that’s with an Optifit adapter.
If the SZ here is the 816 on steroids, I’d be down like James Brown.

Is the more aggressive leading edge on all 3 models and all lofts or just the Max and certain lifts?

In my head I’m picturing a fairway wood with g400/410 ease of launch, but with more distance due to everything Callaway has done. Am I far off in that assessment?

Is the more aggressive leading edge on all 3 model or just the Max? In my head I’m picturing g400/410 ease of launch, but with more power due to everything Callaway has done. Am I far off in that assessment?
Just the max. Soles and leading edges are adjusted on all three differently. Check out the homepage article if you haven’t! It might help some, at least I hope it does!

Is the more aggressive leading edge on all 3 models and all lofts or just the Max and certain lifts?

In my head I’m picturing a fairway wood with g400/410 ease of launch, but with more distance due to everything Callaway has done. Am I far off in that assessment?
Not far off on your assessment at all. Stupid easy to launch, goes far, feels great, spins.

Not far off on your assessment at all. Stupid easy to launch, goes far, feels great, spins.

You just wrote my 5w update coming later today for me. Thanks jerk. Hahahaha

If the SZ here is the 816 on steroids, I’d be down like James Brown.

one thing I said is that sound/feel in this line reminds me a lot of the 816 line

one thing I said is that sound/feel in this line reminds me a lot of the 816 line
I remember being fit into that 4w and just falling in love. Then I preordered the Rogue version and it all went to poop.

I remember being fit into that 4w and just falling in love. Then I preordered the Rogue version and it all went to poop.

it was such a great line. I could not hit the GBB to save my life, Nick puts the 816 DBD in my hands and boom, instant fairway finder. The Mavrik Max so far is the same fairway finder with some added distance

Just admiring this beauty.

20200118_092949.jpg

Was trying to get a neutral background and good outdoor lighting. Apparently, snow doesn't make for a good background.

20200118_092915.jpg

I got my shipping confirmation last night and it looks like I should have my 3 wood in hand on the 21st! I'm pumped to give this a go. Hopefully it lives up to what I did with my Rogue fairway wood.

Back