Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

Hey Grandaddy crew....

Anyone at the big show get to hit Super Hybrid vs one of the higher lofted fairways here? I'm positive I'm skimming, but, so be it.

I want to say @badolds has one in the 5w spot.

Hey Grandaddy crew....

Anyone at the big show get to hit Super Hybrid vs one of the higher lofted fairways here? I'm positive I'm skimming, but, so be it.

not sure there was a comparison but @McLovin and @badolds have them in the bag.

Yah, I know some have them in the bag, was curious if any got to hit both at the ECPC mostly.

Hit the Mavrik FW today. Hit the Max vs. STD vs. TourB JGR
10D00147-7D44-4EFF-8E7C-6EB13DA3351F.jpeg
Last Shot was my 17th after being at the dome for an Half Hour. Told the guy at PGATSS that 120 was the Bogey Ball Speed Number. Numbers are really close to my TourB JGR with a 65 VA Slay Shaft.
Beat Mavrik was Standard with Riptide Stiff. Don’t know if I’d run out and get one yet. Might have a chance to go back to CC for a quick fitting

Yah, I know some have them in the bag, was curious if any got to hit both at the ECPC mostly.

to my recollection, the highest loft available at the fitting was the 5w.

my super hybrid tested was done against mav hybrids.

to my recollection, the highest loft available at the fitting was the 5w.

my super hybrid tested was done against mav hybrids.
I'd take any 5w comparisons as well, if there are any.

Any idea how heavy the weight is in the back of the standard fw?

Got to play the 3W with the Rogue shaft today. The shaft looks really good to me, it just stands out. I have it in 60R and to me it feels just a bit softer to flex than the Riptide shaft that is in the 3+. Easy enough to move the ball both ways with a nice ball flight.
After the round, I let @shanewu and his dad hit them. The regular flex shaft is to soft for Shane but he was still putting some really good swings on them and cranking them out there.
@shanewu dad really like the 5W and couldn't believe how easy it was to hit and how far it was going.
His dad did hit my driver with his shaft in it, but I think a fitting will be necessary for him to max that one out, but he was getting some really good distance and hitting nice little fade with it.

I'd take any 5w comparisons as well, if there are any.

in my fitting we hit both. 5w and super hy, as well as some of the mav hybrids. and 5i to see gapping.

the 5w was about 215-220 for me. and the super hybrid 205-210. the super is 23*. so it slots nicely.

I played GBB Epic Sub Zero for years and loved it. I'm really pondering what Mavrik I want to go with. Part of me really likes the idea of the more forgiving Mavrik. I don't know if I need the Max.

I played GBB Epic Sub Zero for years and loved it. I'm really pondering what Mavrik I want to go with. Part of me really likes the idea of the more forgiving Mavrik. I don't know if I need the Max.
I have the sub zero in both 3&5W's and they are both plenty forgiving. If you are hitting the Epic SZ I would try the SZ first in the Mavrik.

I have one “gripe” if you will with the fairways after continuing to work with the 5w (standard) for the homepage.

How would I ever gap/slot these in the bag? I’m joking, but a little serious too. A 5w with 152 ball speed is fun, but it’s essentially a 3w for me now. That then makes me wonder, can I in fact get the 3w to driver speeds for me? ???

What a wild thing, and what a story that needs way more attention because they said they wanted driver CT on them, and danger if it isn’t exactly what I’ve seen.

Mix in playability off the deck when I want to really go down after one and 5w might make traditionally lofted 3w inconsequential in the bag and necessitate a 13.5 loft there.

Crazy.:oops:?
That’s one of the main reason I went 3+. It’s going to be mainly used off the tee. I have great success with the super hybrid in 17* as an off the turf tool that helps compliment a broad range of distance from 230-260 yards. Super easy to get up as well.

With the 3+ I’m approaching near 300 off the tee but can control it from 260+ range.

Hey Grandaddy crew....

I have. Super hybrid was more versatile and flexible in shaping shots for me. My fitter liked the height I was getting with it and the descent angle was perfect for stopping on the green.

I have. Super hybrid was more versatile and flexible in shaping shots for me. My fitter liked the height I was getting with it and the descent angle was perfect for stopping on the green.
Liked it in terms of more height or lessv

Liked it in terms of more height or lessv

more. It’s supposed to play like a fairway wood but goes higher and lands softer. The 5w is great too, but the SH just worked better for me in what I want to achieve.

more. It’s supposed to play like a fairway wood but goes higher and lands softer. The 5w is great too, but the SH just worked better for me in what I want to achieve.
Gracias!

That helps in my HW vs SH mental battle.

Hit the Mavrik FW today. Hit the Max vs. STD vs. TourB JGR
View attachment 8925031
Last Shot was my 17th after being at the dome for an Half Hour. Told the guy at PGATSS that 120 was the Bogey Ball Speed Number. Numbers are really close to my TourB JGR with a 65 VA Slay Shaft.
Beat Mavrik was Standard with Riptide Stiff. Don’t know if I’d run out and get one yet. Might have a chance to go back to CC for a quick fitting

So glad I read this. Reminded me to go and test it vs my 2017 m2 16.5.

Got to play the 3W with the Rogue shaft today. The shaft looks really good to me, it just stands out. I have it in 60R and to me it feels just a bit softer to flex than the Riptide shaft that is in the 3+. Easy enough to move the ball both ways with a nice ball flight.
After the round, I let @shanewu and his dad hit them. The regular flex shaft is to soft for Shane but he was still putting some really good swings on them and cranking them out there.
@shanewu dad really like the 5W and couldn't believe how easy it was to hit and how far it was going.
His dad did hit my driver with his shaft in it, but I think a fitting will be necessary for him to max that one out, but he was getting some really good distance and hitting nice little fade with it.
Seriously pondering a trade in for a SZ 4wd with Rogue White 60 stiff.

Welp, just ordered the Mavrik 3w. Not the SZ, the standard peasant model ;). 1/4" short, Aldila Rogue White 130msi (I play the silver 130msi in my driver). Golf Pride Z Chord +3 Wraps. The 3w spot was the oldest club in my bag, it needed to be upgraded.

I think I'll be trying out a Max 3+ w/ Riptide 70 in 6.5

Theoretically.

Just got my max 9w and the feel of it is not as good as the 3w and HW. It looks as if there is no carbon on the crown. It feels and sounds alot harsher than the other lofts. Also there is only one heavy weight in the heel and no weight at the back.

Is it correct that the 9 and 11 wood dont have the carbon crown

eyeballing a mavrik max 3+ with VR 7s right now. Might have to make the jump soon.

The ball speed increases I'm hearing about has me thinking about bag gapping.
If the 5w could replace my current 3w, I wouldn't even consider adding a new 3w in the bag.

Drivers are so forgiving and I can get a 5w in the air from off the turf.

Back