Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

Just got my max 9w and the feel of it is not as good as the 3w and HW. It looks as if there is no carbon on the crown. It feels and sounds alot harsher than the other lofts. Also there is only one heavy weight in the heel and no weight at the back.

Is it correct that the 9 and 11 wood dont have the carbon crown

I can't say with 100% certainty, but I would say with 99% certainty that the 9w has the exact same construction as the other woods, but with a different AI'd face.

All this ball speed talk has me wanting to try the FWs here. I love my 3W, but if I can get the same distance with more height in a smaller package, sign me up.

I can't say with 100% certainty, but I would say with 99% certainty that the 9w has the exact same construction as the other woods, but with a different AI'd face.

They look,feel and sound different to the other lofts. There is no visible carbon on the crown like the 3w and HW.

I forgot to hit the fairways today. Annoyed at myself. Need to remedy that soon.

And for most ams, that will be the case and a good thing. For others it almost necessitates a 3+ if you want to carry two fairways.
That’s the setup I’m in and the 3+ with ventus blue is going to be pretty much mini driver.

I forgot to hit the fairways today. Annoyed at myself. Need to remedy that soon.
They are special. I still hold out that these could be the all stars of the release.

They look,feel and sound different to the other lofts. There is no visible carbon on the crown like the 3w and HW.

maybe @DNevsCG can chime in and confirm

The MAVRIK Hybo is going under the radar of discussion. I'm going to try to help fix that because its impressed me maybe more than the 5W has.

Why?

The sound in the hybo is effing impeccable. Seriously, it is intoxicating. To the point that I almost want to write a gigantic paragraph on just the sound. Suffice to say, having a driver, fairway, and hybrid in hand, IMO the hybo has the best sound/feel of the trio by a decent amount.

Also, the damn thing is long. I have the 20* for this review and also now have acquired a 20* super so I'm curious to see this against that as well as the Flash I reviewed last year. Most telling for me has been the speed and launch off the face, the ball gets up, fast, and in a hybrid that matters more than anything for the majority of golfers. I know many here on the internet need super low flight out of their hybrids (sarcasm) but the average golfer wants speed and launch, this does that.

I hit one yesterday that drew an audible reaction from the kids I was walking the round with, thats always a win for a club because they have seen me hit a LOT of clubs over the years.

Hit the 4 wood today. Silly good. Will be ordering. They only had the 70g riptide to demo instead of the 60 which I prefer. Hopefully get a touch more speed and launch/carry from that. Really good numbers for me for 30 degrees outside.

Heres a shot I hit to a 235 flag

8AA60C78-D13C-4B4A-A751-D2A0B5A0B482.pngE461761C-EB3F-47B7-A793-B128D0519F22.png

Very nice dude. Love that peak height, with that, you really don't need more launch.

The MAVRIK Hybo is going under the radar of discussion. I'm going to try to help fix that because its impressed me maybe more than the 5W has.

Why?

The sound in the hybo is effing impeccable. Seriously, it is intoxicating. To the point that I almost want to write a gigantic paragraph on just the sound. Suffice to say, having a driver, fairway, and hybrid in hand, IMO the hybo has the best sound/feel of the trio by a decent amount.

Also, the damn thing is long. I have the 20* for this review and also now have acquired a 20* super so I'm curious to see this against that as well as the Flash I reviewed last year. Most telling for me has been the speed and launch off the face, the ball gets up, fast, and in a hybrid that matters more than anything for the majority of golfers. I know many here on the internet need super low flight out of their hybrids (sarcasm) but the average golfer wants speed and launch, this does that.

I hit one yesterday that drew an audible reaction from the kids I was walking the round with, thats always a win for a club because they have seen me hit a LOT of clubs over the years.
Haven't had a chance to try it out. Hybrids are finicky for me. There's only really been one that I 100% got along with. An old Adams a12. I struggle getting myself to swing them like an iron and not a fairway wood. But, when I get a chance, I will have to see what they're all about.

Very nice dude. Love that peak height, with that, you really don't need more launch.

Thanks. It was surprisingly easy to launch in my opinion. It also sat extremely square to my eye which I love. Seriously fun club. Just ordered it to take advantage of the last day of the trade in bonus.

Thanks. It was surprisingly easy to launch in my opinion. It also sat extremely square to my eye which I love. Seriously fun club. Just ordered it to take advantage of the last day of the trade in bonus.
Which version did you hit?

Which version did you hit?

Just the standard. I started with that and saw absolutely no reason to hit anything else with the performance I was getting.

Just the standard. I started with that and saw absolutely no reason to hit anything else with the performance I was getting.
Yeah, no need with those numbers. Must be just effortless to launch that thing.

So, for you mini driver fans... As others have mentioned in this thread, the Max 3+ may be perfect for you. It’s LONG. Maybe too long if you want to split the gap between driver and your third longest club. But due to its size and the ease of launch, it may be a perfect club to replace driver when driver goes wild or to use on tighter fairways.

I messed around with a 3+ paired with a Ventus Red 6s shaft. This is the longest one, but many were finishing not too far behind:

0B3A6CDA-7AF2-454D-82BC-9A0C29A96145.jpeg

Picked my 3w and 5w today. Man these things are pretty. Can't wait to get them to the course. Might get to tomorrow but just depends on if I get my stuff done tomorrow. IMG_20200130_190627_428.jpg

DDF5384E-8017-4D63-B1D8-7F11D0830664.jpeg

Can’t tell me the Max 3+ isn’t neutral.

I am a fan of the 4 wood. I have not had a fairway wood in my bag sense my last one cracked. That was like 4 or 5 years ago. I have tried many but never been able to pick one. I have been hitting the Mav 4 with the aldila silver 80x and it may be perfect. I am getting all the numbers. Distance, spin, etc. all really good.

18E798AE-8A99-4053-83F5-2BDBBEA9824C.jpeg

2CB58108-21F2-4E62-B163-D5038482E6B7.jpeg

100AFF07-1BF0-43AC-938B-A77B43490EA2.jpeg

DDF2F975-BDB5-4BCA-A6B5-25672A93B8C5.jpeg

200cc will take on 275cc for the 3w spot this year.

Thank god it sits neutral. I took a change on the trade in even though some of the address pic attempts in here had me freaking out a bit.

Have any of the 2019 GD participants done a full what’s in the bag yet?

I am a fan of the 4 wood. I have not had a fairway wood in my bag sense my last one cracked. That was like 4 or 5 years ago. I have tried many but never been able to pick one. I have been hitting the Mav 4 with the aldila silver 80x and it may be perfect. I am getting all the numbers. Distance, spin, etc. all really good.

Man is arriving today. Loved it when I demo'ed it. Can't wait to get it on the course this spring.

Have any of the 2019 GD participants done a full what’s in the bag yet?
I've been waiting to get some time to take decent pictures. Or, for the snow to melt so I can take them outside although that may be a while.

Back