Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

Hey guys, new here but my question is would the 3+ Max be a good option for a guy that just doesn't love looking down at the big head drivers? 95 club head speed. I've hit TM Original One and the Ping G Stretch in the past with better or same distance as any driver I've ever had. Thx!

speed is definitely some of it, but are you a low launch and/or low spin player? at that speed, I feel like you're going to need some spin to get the most out of a lower-lofted fairway wood, even off the tee.

I still game my X Hot hybrids, 4, 5, and 6, and see no real reason to upgrade to something that's so similar. Maybe there's a bit more technology in these, but I don't think I could tell the difference.

MAVRIK Pro
The MAVRIK Pro harkens back to the Xhot and X2hot hyrbids with a fairway-wood like shape which naturally gives a flatter lie angle and helps make it more fade biased. Even with the added sole camber and different shape, all tech is still being implemented here. The Pro will be available in 2H, 3H, 4H, and 5H (18°, 20°, 23°, and 26°).

I still game my X Hot hybrids, 4, 5, and 6, and see no real reason to upgrade to something that's so similar. Maybe there's a bit more technology in these, but I don't think I could tell the difference.

MAVRIK Pro
The MAVRIK Pro harkens back to the Xhot and X2hot hyrbids with a fairway-wood like shape which naturally gives a flatter lie angle and helps make it more fade biased. Even with the added sole camber and different shape, all tech is still being implemented here. The Pro will be available in 2H, 3H, 4H, and 5H (18°, 20°, 23°, and 26°).

i'm not sure I agree with that. I think most people would agree that the biggest advancements are in retaining ball speed and keeping spin in a manageable window on mishits, more than an increase in distance when comparing perfect strike to perfect strike.

Not sure if I'm going to give up on the SZ 4wd yet or not. Hard to without giving it a chance on the range, but I really wish I would have gotten the standard 4wd or the max 3+ for my first Mavrik experiment.

i'm not sure I agree with that. I think most people would agree that the biggest advancements are in retaining ball speed and keeping spin in a manageable window on mishits, more than an increase in distance when comparing perfect strike to perfect strike.
You may have a good point. Although I hit my X Hot hybrids very well and I am not sure I would personally notice a difference. It's just not worth the money for me. You're talkin about $800 for 3 new hybrids. I would sure love to try them though.

The Max fairways are just STUPID good. The best shot I've hit so far this year--and probably one of my best ever--was yesterday with my Max HW. On a long par 5, I was sitting 260 from the pin, setup by a great drive down the middle. As you approach the green, the fairway narrows drastically, with a pond left and pine trees right. I struck my approach shot, and the ball just launched dead straight, never leaving the pin. You can't see the front of the green from where I was, so I didn't know how close I got. Well, turns out I actually rolled up onto the front of the green, hitting the HW about 242. I've never come close to that green, so it was exhilarating.

These fairways are just going to make golf so much easier for me.

So after swapping the shaft on the 3SZ yesterday I was able to get out with it today. I really believe I made the correct choice in going with the Riptide shaft in this fairway wood.
Makes for a good tee weapon on a couple tight par 4's we have.

Oh Mavrik Max Heavenwood how I adore you. I think I need to go buy one or two more and hoard them when the one I have is done. I hit this one today so solid and helped me keep my round under control. It is hard to describe, but the ball just jumps off the face and straight. Swapping shafts helped me a lot. The Tour AD-DI was a little more than I could handle. Swapped it out for the UST Elements Chrome + and it woke this one up.

I finally pulled the trigger on a Mavrik SZ 15* with Aldila Rogue 80x. I can’t wait to get it. #mavnation

Oh I can’t wait to see what you’re numbers look like!

Fairways where strong again today. Was dead calm so was nice to see what distances would do today. 205 yards to pin little bit up hill, and hit 5W and left it about 3 yards short of the pin.
The other shot would have been 2nd shot on the par 5 from 227 to the pin, left it just a yard short of the green. Easy chip and putt for birdie.

Looks like by following the Mavrik std 4 hybrid is the most popular and I’m going to pick one up and see how far I hit it and then get a club goes a little shorter or a little longer

I finally pulled the trigger on a Mavrik SZ 15* with Aldila Rogue 80x. I can’t wait to get it. #mavnation
I was planning to order that setup in a 4wd. Curious to see how you get along.

The SZ fairways are just so easy to hit and launch. And the sound is addictive.

The SZ fairways are just so easy to hit and launch. And the sound is addictive.
I like the Sim Ti, but my driver wants a little brother or sister.... ;)

Another round today and the Max HW continues to fill that 200-210 gap. The best part about it is crappy swings are still leaving me in decent shape and not that far offline from my intended target.

I will let you know how it goes. I should have it by the weekend.

Do it. I was a fan of the SZ 4w and was dead set on getting it with the Tensei Orange shaft. However, when I got fitted, the standard 4w was longer and had nearly the same dispersion as the SZ. Ended up pulling the trigger on the standard 4w. Really like this combo.

Do it. I was a fan of the SZ 4w and was dead set on getting it with the Tensei Orange shaft. However, when I got fitted, the standard 4w was longer and had nearly the same dispersion as the SZ. Ended up pulling the trigger on the standard 4w. Really like this combo.
Do you notice any left type tenancies with the std model? Just curious, as I owned the Rogue std model some years ago and it loved going left on me (maybe a poor shaft setup). Curious if the Mav has the same type tendency. I would likely go 80g in X, so that would perhaps help negate any left type miss.
I guess I also like that the SZ gives you two weight port options to dial things in...

Do you notice any left type tenancies with the std model? Just curious, as I owned the Rogue std model some years ago and it loved going left on me (maybe a poor shaft setup). Curious if the Mav has the same type tendency. I would likely go 80g in X, so that would perhaps help negate any left type miss.
I guess I also like that the SZ gives you two weight port options to dial things in...
The two weight options was something that intrigued me as well, but during my fitting, it appeared that I would rarely change the weights based on how different the outcome was when my fitter changed them. I would have left it in one configuration and not messed with it, which is what he said they expected form most. I usually hit a slight draw and the standard has not been left biased for me. I am using a stiff Riptide shaft, which I like the height I'm getting. It's higher than the SZ, but I was getting longer distance. The Tensei Orange shaft was straight as an arrow. Kind of felt like my 3H when paired with the SZ head.

Yesterday, I played one of my favorite courses, hitting 5/6 Par 3s in regulation. And I did that from a set of tees further back than I normally play. While I didn't notice the yardage difference on most holes, it was rather apparent on a couple of the Par 3s. The first one, shown below, played 185 into a fairly strong wind.

q4p%ELbfRyyEpJWg2o5DBw.jpg

I was a little worried my 5H would still go deep, though, so I actually teed it up a touch higher, so the wind would knock it down. Ball landed in the center of the green for an easy two-putt par.

The last par 3, on 17, played 220 into the same wind. I went with the HW this time, but I didn't have a great strike--high toe. Yet, I still found the green, about 20 feet short and 30 feet right of the pin. Truly an excellent result into a tough hole with a poor strike.

I am so much more of a threat from long distance than I've ever been.

The Mav hybrid still continues to be the star of this lineup for me. 220 uphill on the par-5 18th and this hybrid ended up here. This thing is a BEAST. 49F6E609-E1AE-432A-B869-B34829843C06.jpeg

Back