Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

It was just silly. A shot like that wouldn't surprise me too much at my home course where the ground gets rock hard when it's dry but this course was pretty normal and didn't give a ridiculous amount of roll.

Those new faces are just hot and it’s easy to launch.

Reactions: KEV
For those looking to carry just one fairway wood, don't sleep on the Mavrik Max Heavenwood. That thing is a beast. It's so unbelievably easy to hit off the deck, and its a darn good tee option too. I obviously get more ball speed with my 3+ (it is, after all, a much flatter surface), but the HW is NOT short. I hit it once yesterday off the tee on a par 4 that has a creek cross the fairway at 270. I hit a nice high shot that split the fairway, finishing at about 250. I actually outdrove my buddy, who used driver--enjoyed teasing him about that one.

For those looking to carry just one fairway wood, don't sleep on the Mavrik Max Heavenwood. That thing is a beast. It's so unbelievably easy to hit off the deck, and its a darn good tee option too. I obviously get more ball speed with my 3+ (it is, after all, a much flatter surface), but the HW is NOT short. I hit it once yesterday off the tee on a par 4 that has a creek cross the fairway at 270. I hit a nice high shot that split the fairway, finishing at about 250. I actually outdrove my buddy, who used driver--enjoyed teasing him about that one.
Which would be easier to use, a heavenwood or an equivalent hybrid? I guess it would be a 20* hw against a 21* 4 max hybrid.
Thoughts?

Which would be easier to use, a heavenwood or an equivalent hybrid? I guess it would be a 20* hw against a 21* 4 max hybrid.
Thoughts?

I think it depends entirely on the player and whether you strike fairways or hybrids better. I go from the HW to a Mavrik 4H. With the added shaft length, I get more ball speed and height from the HW, giving me 15-20 more total yards over the 4H.

So I tried the Max 3 wood today with the catalyst 60 gram shaft and it was too lite unforunately. I would like to put a ventus shaft in it but don't want to spend that much on the shaft... Any suggestions on a similar shaft (probably 75 grams weight) that rivals the ventus? I have the ventus blue in my Max driver and absolutely love it!

Flat hole with no wind and for sure one of the better strikes I’ve had with this Mav Standard 3+....and boy did it fly!A75EA3F6-55CF-462F-8774-4D8BBAA2C243.png

back to back holes hitting 5w off the tee. the course is really dry right now, so that’s helping the distance. but still these were roasted

3EBD8C52-CE70-4D09-92D2-B70EEC8E004C.png

429DE3B4-7717-44F4-81E1-31FA57B64B74.png

i’ve pretty much given up on the 3w. i just don’t like it and have no confidence in it. but i’ve never had confidence in a 3w. i will consider dropping it entirely, but i don’t know what else i’d want to put in the bag? i might loft up the mav max, and put a heavier shaft in it for a fairway finder 2nd driver. that would be kinda fun.

After my Distance Fitting I've settled on the Mavrik 4 hybrid. Order has been placed and I am looking forward to providing some feedback once this one is in the bag.

So I've gushed about the pro 2H plenty in here and probably said how surprised I am by the standard 3W more times than I would remember. It's a really great club. Well I picked up a SIM 3w to play with and while it has its advantages it is miles less forgiving than the mavrik. It's probably not a fair comparison, and I haven't played the SIM max, which would probably be closer. I have hit/played the mav SZ 3 wood though, and I think it still has the SIM on forgiveness by a good bit. I would almost never recommend a SIM FW to someone who wasn't a pretty good golfer over any of the Mavriks. They're just really, really good.

After my Distance Fitting I've settled on the Mavrik 4 hybrid. Order has been placed and I am looking forward to providing some feedback once this one is in the bag.
Very curious how this one works for you. Will be following along

@McLovin those 5 woods you hit are freaking long man. What a beast. Clearly, your lessons are paying off.

anybody else extensively testing the toe-side forgiveness of the fairways? no? just me?! well, if you're curious, the toe is stupid forgiving on the max fairways.

par 5 5th I snapped my drive into the hazard. dropped 296 out. hit 5w into a decent wind hoping to have about 100y in. way out on the toe, but the ball launched high and straight, leaving me 80y.

par 5 14th. decent drive left me 250 in. bunkers everywhere but thought what the heck. again, nasty toe strike with the 3w. ball started out to the right and drew in, leaving me exactly pin-high on the left side of the green.

now, dry conditions are helping. if things were softer, i'd probably be way short of these distances i'm seeing. but the launch and playability of these awful misses is really impressive.

F9CD88A9-ABD0-40CE-A0F4-7CF0D0E63305.jpeg

Mav SZ 4wd 390 yds Par 4 I’m sitting 110. Never been here before 🤩

I have the standard Mav 3 wood with the Rogue 70X. The head is extremely forgiving across the face and it is very long. Getting on Trackman on Monday so will have some numbers then.

I also have the standard Mav 4 hybrid. This things is even more forgiving, almost like cheating. Not sure it is as long as my 19 degree 3 iron on a dry day because of the roll out on the iron, but it is SO much more forgiving and has a great descent angle, so 90% of the time it’ll be first choice in the bag.

Just ordered up the Max 3+...Basically a driver replacement for me.

Gah my last shot with my 3+ mav 3 wood last week has stayed with me. I wanna get back out to hit it again

Shot of the day would have been with the Mavrik 5W SZ. 211 to the pin, stopped pin high just off the green and was able to make birdie from there on the par 5.
The sound of a well struck shot with the SZ is intoxicating, the ball just launches so quick. Not sky high but a nice boring flight that turns over and lands soft.

What piece of rebar should I put into this 5w?

What's the choices?
Oh I’m not sure, I think I’ve got a couple 8X animals in there somewhere. Graphite Design Tour AD for sure.

Oh I’m not sure, I think I’ve got a couple 8X animals in there somewhere. Graphite Design Tour AD for sure.
I feel so inadequate at this moment. :ROFLMAO:

Pulled the AD-TP 8X from an EX10 5w, will go in the Mav tomorrow and we will have some fun later this week. Probably need some hot melt too.

I don't know if I've had to pull my 3 Wood out more than twice this year. Mostly due to the Epic Forged being an animal. And the Mavrik driver being as accurate as it is for me.

I may need to make a point to just hit this solely off the tee for nine holes or something just so I can remember what it feels like.

I am still short my 3W SZ, but the 5W SZ is so consistent distance wise. Easy enough to move the ball left or right if needed.

Back