Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

I still can’t get over how good these are. First round out since before the lockdown and I relied heavily on the 3+ today off the tee. Just screamers right now the middle with this club and a couple monster shot off the deck giving me a chance to eagle today. The 5w Max is still such a fun club, we had to extremly long par 3s today and I ended up using the choked down 5w with a 80% swing. It’s almost laughable how forgiving the 5w max is too. shot WAY off the toe were barely being penalized. Having that option to hit into a green is a game changer for me now. Plus the sound off that 3+ is fantastic.

Oh. Hi.

CA25ACBF-8BD6-4C31-A781-71C541E1154E.jpeg

C86EF720-D700-48E8-A362-D4E9ACB3AC00.jpeg

Anyone gaming 5 wood and 7 wood combo?
Mavrik 5 wood is such a rocket launcher i have no use for 3wood.
Thinking of 5&7 combo instead 3&5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone gaming 5 wood and 7 wood combo?
Mavrik 5 wood is such a rocket launcher i have no use for 3wood.
Thinking of 5&7 combo instead 3&5.

I'm thinking the 7w could potentially have some overlap with your hybrids, if your WITB in your sig is accurate. I'm playing 5W/5H (23°) right now, also recently got a Super Hybrid and still trying to figure out where it slots in the bag.

I'm thinking the 7w could potentially have some overlap with your hybrids, if your WITB in your sig is accurate. I'm playing 5W/5H (23°) right now, also recently got a Super Hybrid and still trying to figure out where it slots in the bag.

I agree on 4H overlapping 7 wood.
I forgot to mention taking 4H out.
Go Driver, 5 & 7 and 5H(23*).
I thought about Taylormade 4 & 7 which I’ve been playing last year. Mavrik 5 is just so good I just want to keep it.

I’d really like to try the HW. Don’t know where it would fit in my bag though

I went from the Rogue Driver to the Mavrik Max and absolutely love the Mavrik Max driver. Still playing the Rogue 3 wood and am thinking of going Mavrik 3 wood. Everything ive read the standard and the Max both sound great. Wonder how much of a difference there is between the standard and the max off the turf. That is where i would primarily use it and im curious as to the effect the larger head of the Max plays off the turf.

I went from the Rogue Driver to the Mavrik Max and absolutely love the Mavrik Max driver. Still playing the Rogue 3 wood and am thinking of going Mavrik 3 wood. Everything ive read the standard and the Max both sound great. Wonder how much of a difference there is between the standard and the max off the turf. That is where i would primarily use it and im curious as to the effect the larger head of the Max plays off the turf.
If you are comfortable hitting a 3W now, I would go standard.
Is the any place you could hit both?

If you are comfortable hitting a 3W now, I would go standard.
Is the any place you could hit both?
Right now no. Only curbside service around here.I am comfortable hitting the standard Rogue 3 wood its just based on my experience with the Max Driver i am interested in the Max 3 wood.I saw a big difference between the Rogue Driver and the Mavrik Max. I wonder if mavrik 3 wood would also be an improvement over the Rogue. I dont plan on using the 3 wood much off the tee. I did switch to the Epic Flash Hybrid last year from the Rogue hybrid and saw a big difference and gains with the epic flash hybrid.

Right now no. Only curbside service around here.I am comfortable hitting the standard Rogue 3 wood its just based on my experience with the Max Driver i am interested in the Max 3 wood.I saw a big difference between the Rogue Driver and the Mavrik Max. I wonder if mavrik 3 wood would also be an improvement over the Rogue. I dont plan on using the 3 wood much off the tee. I did switch to the Epic Flash Hybrid last year from the Rogue hybrid and saw a big difference and gains with the epic flash hybrid.

There will definitely be big improvements over the Rogue. The Flash face is AI designed to have a larger sweet spot and to be more forgiving across the whole face.
I have the 3W and 5W's both in SZ model and have been loving them. Easy to hit fades or draws on demand.

I agree on 4H overlapping 7 wood.
I forgot to mention taking 4H out.
Go Driver, 5 & 7 and 5H(23*).
I thought about Taylormade 4 & 7 which I’ve been playing last year. Mavrik 5 is just so good I just want to keep it.
I love the Mav 5W too, don't blame you for wanting to keep it in the bag! I'm currently playing Driver, 5W, Super Hybrid, 5H. The 5W/7W/5H might work out well for you, definitely worth a try.

I love the Mav 5W too, don't blame you for wanting to keep it in the bag! I'm currently playing Driver, 5W, Super Hybrid, 5H. The 5W/7W/5H might work out well for you, definitely worth a try.

Yup. Done. Took 3 Max and 4H back and grab a 7. I probably see larger gap distance between driver and 5 but I will have better consistency with 5 and 7.
I’m confident total average distance would be better with 5wd. I still see me playing 3 max in future.

I’d really like to try the HW. Don’t know where it would fit in my bag though
For most it slots in between 3w and 4i.

Such a fun club, in all versions.:rolleyes:

Heading out for a round this afternoon and looking forward to the SZ 4w. Fun, Fun, Fun.

Just wanted to give a shout out to @TylerSheanCG for getting my replacement 3W SZ after the shaft in my Grandaddy club broke. Happy to have a complete bad again.

Yup. Done. Took 3 Max and 4H back and grab a 7. I probably see larger gap distance between driver and 5 but I will have better consistency with 5 and 7.
I’m confident total average distance would be better with 5wd. I still see me playing 3 max in future.

I think you'll like this combo. I typically carry Dr/3/5/7w, but more times than not, I'm not pulling my 3w to hit. Despite the gap, I just don't worry about HAVING to fill it with something. So, mostly it's Dr/5w/7w/5h and so far have gotten along well with that lineup.

I think you'll like this combo. I typically carry Dr/3/5/7w, but more times than not, I'm not pulling my 3w to hit. Despite the gap, I just don't worry about HAVING to fill it with something. So, mostly it's Dr/5w/7w/5h and so far have gotten along well with that lineup.

Yeah same here. Even tho 3 Max is only 3 wood I actually can air born I still feel much confident using 5wd. I return the 4H cause I get better height w/7wd which hitting to green and staying on green much easier. I don’t hit long enough to get on 2 on par5 even with 3wd so 5wd should be smarter decision.

5w with a heavy shaft is JUST NOT FAIR.

:oops:

5w with a real shaft in it is a cheater stick!

I feel like I'm playing bomb and gouge with my Mav SZ 4w, only its bomb and fairway :D

At the course I have been playing I use it a bunch on the front nine, including holes #3, 4, 5, and 7. Two nice tee balls on #3. Then on back to back downwind holes #4 and# 5, I once again moved the stake forward on closest to the green I've been. Same again on #7, including hitting a draw around a blind treeline/dogleg against a steady fade crosswind that cleared everything and left me 90 yards on a fantastic line. Easily 20 yards better position than I have been on that hole, it is pretty difficult to get inside 130 consistently due to dogleg shape and treeline (plus, its 381 yds long. It's a tie right now between the Mavrik driver and SZ 4w for favorite club in my bag to hit... they are both just missile launchers, and forgiving.

Had some success with the Mav 3h as well today both on a couple Par 5 approaches and off the tee. Notable to me is that it is pretty automatic off the turf on Par-5's, even at 18*. I hit two balls today from the same spot and they traveled exactly the same distance and trajectory with one strike centered and one slightly toward the toe. Both landed in my bail out spot short left of the green. Very nice.

Thinking 4w and heavenwood 🤔

The 3+ is so good for me right now. A couple of par 5’s that left me unable to go for it in two, but with enough space to crank one and see what happens. Both times I saw shots in the 220-230 range leaving me an easy pitch shot into the green.

I’m learning that there is no need to try and overpower this one. Easy, smooth swing and the balls jumps off the face.

Had 238 into a par 5 today, second shot, hit the 5w to pin high. FUNNNNNYYYYY

My #4 Mavrik hybrid is a beast! After a crap drive, I had 210 yards into a 3 club wind on a 440 yard Par 4 and the ball ended pin high. Made birdie. Thank you CS TT ball, Mavrik hybrid and Odyssey SL Black Ten S.

Back