Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

It features a single, 5-gram rear weight for swing weighting purposes only. Took me awhile to find it but that’s what it is
Interesting as I got the driver and 3 wood from callaway pre-owned and they both have 2 gram weights in them. The driver had a jumbo grip on it so I assumed they changed the weight for swing weight reasons. The 3 wood was completely stock from what I could tell but checked the weight after I looked at the driver.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Interesting as I got the driver and 3 wood from callaway pre-owned and they both have 2 gram weights in them. The driver had a jumbo grip on it so I assumed they changed the weight for swing weight reasons. The 3 wood was completely stock from what I could tell but checked the weight after I looked at the driver.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
I could see that weight being lighter with the jumbo grip to get a certain swing weight. As far as the fairway not sure what that weight should be. I’ll see if I can find out for you

Been enjoying the Max 5wd quite a bit so far

I joined the Max fwy club based on the Distance fitter's feedback. Hoping that a better fit and some cool tech will make this an easy to swing and launch option, both from the tee and the occasional shot from the turf.

I joined the Max fwy club based on the Distance fitter's feedback. Hoping that a better fit and some cool tech will make this an easy to swing and launch option, both from the tee and the occasional shot from the turf.

yes! which one(s) did you get? max 3w off the tee has been a really good option for me. 232 per arccos, but i've definitely nuked a few with it. the left side of the course is definitely in play with it, but i don't think i've hit a single fade with it. the 5w is also great. crazy easy to hit, again no fades. personally i prefer a fade with my woods, but the easy of launch and high forgiveness of these doesn't really have me seriously pondering anything else at the moment.

yes! which one(s) did you get? max 3w off the tee has been a really good option for me. 232 per arccos, but i've definitely nuked a few with it. the left side of the course is definitely in play with it, but i don't think i've hit a single fade with it. the 5w is also great. crazy easy to hit, again no fades. personally i prefer a fade with my woods, but the easy of launch and high forgiveness of these doesn't really have me seriously pondering anything else at the moment.
Thanks for the feedback Chris! It's good to know this is working out well for you. Got distance-fit for the Max 3 wood, but with the Riptide 60g 5.5. It makes sense since I want something that will be easy to swing. I tend to draw the HW, but the fitter saw my numbers and at least that day the draw was very gentle. The BB21 with the lower spin and more draw bias could have gotten me in trouble. It was really good feedback, since when I'm off I will flip massively and will hook my woods. The fitter was pretty adamant this was a very good fit exactly for what I wanted.

I'm hoping for something that flies 210-215 and then whatever it rolls out is welcomed. My heavenwood is a 190-200y carry club for me on average so I don't think those #s are anything unrealistic, just hoping it's super easy to hit.

I don't remember your ball flight with fairways, but we're probably in similar ends of the spectrum in terms of being lower launch overall. Is this 3 wood noticeable easier to launch than others you've played?

Thanks for the feedback Chris! It's good to know this is working out well for you. Got distance-fit for the Max 3 wood, but with the Riptide 60g 5.5. It makes sense since I want something that will be easy to swing. I tend to draw the HW, but the fitter saw my numbers and at least that day the draw was very gentle. The BB21 with the lower spin and more draw bias could have gotten me in trouble. It was really good feedback, since when I'm off I will flip massively and will hook my woods. The fitter was pretty adamant this was a very good fit exactly for what I wanted.

I'm hoping for something that flies 210-215 and then whatever it rolls out is welcomed. My heavenwood is a 190-200y carry club for me on average so I don't think those #s are anything unrealistic, just hoping it's super easy to hit.

I don't remember your ball flight with fairways, but we're probably in similar ends of the spectrum in terms of being lower launch overall. Is this 3 wood noticeable easier to launch than others you've played?

these max fairways are by far the easiest to hit of anything in recent memory.

does the 3w launch high for me? off the tee it's usually mid, sometimes mid-high. off the deck it's usually low-mid. but my delivery is such that launching a 3w off the deck would take a small miracle. the 5w is a much better option for me off the deck.

I'm glad @JMB3 and @radiman talked me into getting the Mavrik hybrid a while back. It just prefers to go straight! Love it on long Par 3's. Not hooking it off the tee which is nice and I have hit some low bullets out from under trees due to wayward tee shots. Those shots just don't want to stop with this club so use sparingly. Haha!.

I'm glad @JMB3 and @radiman talked me into getting the Mavrik hybrid a while back. It just prefers to go straight! Love it on long Par 3's. Not hooking it off the tee which is nice and I have hit some low bullets out from under trees due to wayward tee shots. Those shots just don't want to stop with this club so use sparingly. Haha!.

Bro...the Mav Pro is so good. Reminds me of the old X2Hot Pro hybrid. So good and really easy to hit. It's long also....almost rendering my Mav HW obsolete .

Glad you are enjoying it, bro!! I love my hybrids (I have 3H, 4H, and 5H). Just so easy to hit high and straight.

Despite winning me a three-day tournament versus my buddies, the 4H sat in the backup bag in favor of the 3H for the past two weeks. But I put it back in the bag this past weekend and it delivered. The most memorable shot was on the scariest hole: 209 yd par 3 over a lake on a day with swirling winds. Well we were playing twosomes, and this hole fell on my partner’s tee shot, but I fired away for fun too. Ball never left the flag and landed on the front of the green, rolling out only a few feet. I would have had a really long putt, but I will take that shot 100/100 times. All I did was tee it up a bit and swing smooth.

They're crazy good. I have converted back to hybrids from UT's because of this model.

The 5 wood from the turf is so easy to get in the air and go. And it is the most consistent and forgiving fairway wood i have ever hit. Im still amazed at how quickly it gets up in fhe air when i need it to. I also have the 3 Mavrik Max. Before i got it i was having issues consistently getting the three in the air and hitting good shots. Not anymore.

They're crazy good. I have converted back to hybrids from UT's because of this model.

That’s huge! Most would be connected about giving up some level of control with a UT, but sounds like the trade off wasn’t there. Pretty dope.

That’s huge! Most would be connected about giving up some level of control with a UT, but sounds like the trade off wasn’t there. Pretty dope.
The Mavrik Pro is probably the first hybrid I hit that is what I would call truly neutral. It doesn't want to fade all the time and it doesn't go hard left on me. Unless, of course, I put a garbage swing on it, lol. It can go low, it can go high. It's so versatile.

The Mavrik Pro is probably the first hybrid I hit that is what I would call truly neutral. It doesn't want to fade all the time and it doesn't go hard left on me. Unless, of course, I put a garbage swing on it, lol. It can go low, it can go high. It's so versatile.

if i can't get the apex 3h to work, i may seek out a mav pro. the super didn't work for me at all. i loved the mav pro when i tested it at ecpc, we just had a distance gapping issue and i don't think that would be the case any longer.

if i can't get the apex 3h to work, i may seek out a mav pro. the super didn't work for me at all. i loved the mav pro when i tested it at ecpc, we just had a distance gapping issue and i don't think that would be the case any longer.

I’ve started to lean that way as well after trying to transition to a cut.

Got the Mav standard 4h out into play my last round just to change it up and see if I could get that back in the bag. Man I probably hit the best shot I’ve hit all year with it. Duffed the tee shot so I wasn’t even to the fairway yet, pulled the 4h and hit a 235yd fade uphill over the crest to a blind green pin high. It was absolutely nuked, I may have to start swapping that into the bag for the fall, with the cooler weather the rough will be thick and the 4h had no issues with it.

The Mavrik SZ 3 Wood put on a stripe show for me yesterday. Used it off the tee 3 times. All 3 times were just perfect shots. I have so much confidence in this club as a driver alternative. I kind of wonder how much longer the 3+ would be for me but the 15 is already about as far as I want my lay back tee club to be. I have a feeling the 3+ would not be much shorter than my driver.

The Mavrik SZ 3 Wood put on a stripe show for me yesterday. Used it off the tee 3 times. All 3 times were just perfect shots. I have so much confidence in this club as a driver alternative. I kind of wonder how much longer the 3+ would be for me but the 15 is already about as far as I want my lay back tee club to be. I have a feeling the 3+ would not be much shorter than my driver.
3+ would probably get you in trouble in certain situations. For me it was a great tee weapon though on tight driving holes.

I hit a 3W today that could still be going I think. From the fairway and got around on it and just pulled it, but hit it dead center and it sailed the tree line that marks OB left without even touching the tops of the trees. It was a pretty shot, just not the direction it needed to be. :ROFLMAO:
These fairways are so easy to launch from the deck and give a nice penetrating ball flight that turns over and gives some rollout.

Mannnnn, I love these hybrids... I have never gotten along this well with hybrids before. Year in and year out, the hybrid spot has been a revolving door. I just struggled, pull/hooking shots regularly or just unable to hold greens with the rare straight one. I hit a couple 4 hybrids off the deck that carried just over 200, stopping pin high. Both just missed the green right, but I absolutely loved the ball flight. I've never hit hybrids so straight and high--all with such an easy swing. Love them.

The Heavenwood has been a life saver all year. Very easy to launch. If I go after it too hard, I can definitely pull it. But smooth swings--with the heavy weight back--produce a very straight ball flight.

I had a fun shot with the 3+ today too. One swing, one perfect shot. I carried some tall trees on a dogleg par 4, putting me in the middle of the fairway, about 40 yards short of the green.

I had a Mavrik 4W for a minute. I used it on the simulator, playing several rounds. But I don't think I ever put it in play outdoors. I plan to pick one up again and give it another try, because I'd like to get the 3H into the bag on occasion too. And I remember the feel being just superb.

The Mavrik fairways are just to easy to hit. The course we played today I used the 3 and 5W's several times off the tee because of forced layups or to a narrow shoot in the fairway that had to be hit.
I am seriously contemplating a 3+ SZ for a driver replacement just because of the accuracy and ease of hitting.

My Mav Max 3w with Riptide 60g 5.5 just arrived and immediately took 4 swings into my backyard net. All of the claims of it being easy to elevate are absolutely true!! Hit 2 low off the face and they still managed to have some lift to them, and the two more centered strikes got up nicely. I plan on getting some numbers this week, both into a net and hopefully outside.

Early signs are this being exactly what I wanted in this spot.

I hit the new to me Mavrik Max along with my dad's old 3 wood (Adams Speedline F10) and the club it's replacing, a Titleist 915 F2 16.5 degree into the net. For whatever reason, I swing my driver and fairways faster on course than into a net. I wanted to get a baseline even if they will be shorter to what I hope to see out on course.

Teed up:
I had the highest ball speed off the Mav Max, and by far a higher % over 130 mph with it than the others. Spin was consistently in the 3000s (averaged 3450). Average distance was a half a club longer than the other two clubs. The Adams was lower spin which helped it make up some ground because it trailed in ball speed by 5 mph. Besides distance and ball speed, I was very impressed by the consistency in spin. The others seemed to jump around a bunch more.

Off the turf:
There was a bigger difference here in ball speed compared to the 915F. I didn't absolutely nut these shots, but they were very tightly grouped regardless with the Mav Max. Launch was also highest with it, and wound up being 18 yards longer than the other two. Really shined in this scenario.

F9B7C4D9-22AC-47B1-8EF1-4C8FA34FDC8F.jpeg

I hit the new to me Mavrik Max along with my dad's old 3 wood (Adams Speedline F10) and the club it's replacing, a Titleist 915 F2 16.5 degree into the net. For whatever reason, I swing my driver and fairways faster on course than into a net. I wanted to get a baseline even if they will be shorter to what I hope to see out on course.

Teed up:
I had the highest ball speed off the Mav Max, and by far a higher % over 130 mph with it than the others. Spin was consistently in the 3000s (averaged 3450). Average distance was a half a club longer than the other two clubs. The Adams was lower spin which helped it make up some ground because it trailed in ball speed by 5 mph. Besides distance and ball speed, I was very impressed by the consistency in spin. The others seemed to jump around a bunch more.

Off the turf:
There was a bigger difference here in ball speed compared to the 915F. I didn't absolutely nut these shots, but they were very tightly grouped regardless with the Mav Max. Launch was also highest with it, and wound up being 18 yards longer than the other two. Really shined in this scenario.

View attachment 8963615
Sounds like an awesome start with the max.

Back