Callaway MAVRIK Irons

If its not too much trouble, I'd like to see more pics of the Pros at address.

come to Orlando. I know a guy that has a set. ...of irons that is.

With the 50% trade in bonuses these are extremely more and more attractive! Really want to hit the Pro’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

come to Orlando. I know a guy that has a set. ...of irons that is.
I'll be there for the API. You're not busy in March, are you?

I am circling back on this as I did finally check the specs. There was a reason that the offset looks so similar to the Apex Pro's. It's because there isn't much difference. In fact, in the mid irons (6, 7, & 8), they are identical.

View attachment 8923267
View attachment 8923268

There is some differences in how the offset progresses, but overall, they do look pretty good in that regard from the top.
@radiman that's a good comparison. interesting because I tested both side-by-side in the fitting at ecpc (with 7i iirc) and remember thinking they looked almost identical behind the ball. well, the offset was the exact same, so there you go!

my only concern now is the sole width between the 2. I do love the thin sole of the Apex Pro.

my only concern now is the sole width between the 2. I do love the thin sole of the Apex Pro.
There is a minimal difference. I posted comparison pics earlier in this thread between the mav pro and 2016 Apex pro.

Just bumping this post to reference the sole width.
Thanks again. I am sure the Apex Pro 16 and 19 are very close in sole width. Probably just overthinking it since I have not seen the Mavrik in person yet. Hoping to tomorrow.

Not compared to Apex but I do have MP18-MMC to compare too. Just walked into local shop and look what I found..

132f289f1b30e5d9b12fca2fb8d135fc.jpg
fdddf8f6382acae6a74c227b2fe8f4b8.jpg
9b0f42413967ab0fd2f608b1945becce.jpg
150386e0287e6ef5b8e1fd6763bd6d2d.jpg
34ea56442b43a684d6e66859c91d7667.jpg

to my eye, they're extremely similar. hit the apex pro 7i side by side against the mav pro 7i, and saw no difference at all in turf interaction.

Here is the Apex Pro and Mavrik Pro side by side

a822b27869f66c94c3312e97c33fd653.jpg
9c2b1b9efcf066e43d18a55d6a18140c.jpg

spent some time with the 8i today as I keep trying to get the swing back. I was living a little too close to the hosel, but it still felt really good and the flight was dead straight with good mid trajectory. I guess I don't have a great frame of reference for cast clubs. but I think when struck decently these feel so freaking good. And they will absolutely move any direction you want them to. Great workability and able to be flighted on command.

spent some time with the 8i today as I keep trying to get the swing back. I was living a little too close to the hosel, but it still felt really good and the flight was dead straight with good mid trajectory. I guess I don't have a great frame of reference for cast clubs. but I think when struck decently these feel so freaking good. And they will absolutely move any direction you want them to. Great workability and able to be flighted on command.
Microspheres will make anything feel good. I believe that.

Microspheres will make anything feel good. I believe that.

maybe my sensibilities have changed, but I thought the OG EPIC and the regular rogue and rogue pro did not feel good at all. didn't those have microspheres?

maybe my sensibilities have changed, but I thought the OG EPIC and the regular rogue and rogue pro did not feel good at all. didn't those have microspheres?
Things evolve and improve with time. Always.

Here is the Apex Pro and Mavrik Pro side by side

a822b27869f66c94c3312e97c33fd653.jpg
9c2b1b9efcf066e43d18a55d6a18140c.jpg

Those Mavrik Pro heads look like little beasts. I'm oddly intrigued.

Those Mavrik Pro heads look like little beasts. I'm oddly intrigued.

they're a lot smaller and more compact that people think. yes, this is a rogue replacement. but as @Jman has said many times, replace does not equal refresh. to me, there wasn't much "pro" about the rogue pro. these mav pro have a lot of pro in them. small heel to toe. not much offset. thinner sole. but they still pack a wallop of a punch, and the ai face absolutely helps.

Things evolve and improve with time. Always.

very good point. as good as they feel out of the middle, when you miss, you sure as hell KNOW you missed.

they're a lot smaller and more compact that people think. yes, this is a rogue replacement. but as @Jman has said many times, replace does not equal refresh. to me, there wasn't much "pro" about the rogue pro. these mav pro have a lot of pro in them. small heel to toe. not much offset. thinner sole. but they still pack a wallop of a punch, and the ai face absolutely helps.

They look really good. Imma head to the golf store inteh AM and see if they have landed ;)

I saw these in DSG today. Compared to another brand‘s iron, the regular Mavrik looked a little chunky and more offset to my eye. I preferred the look personally, but that’s just my personal weirdness.

Anyone else notice that? Or am I crazy?

I saw these in DSG today. Compared to another brand‘s iron, the regular Mavrik looked a little chunky and more offset to my eye. I preferred the look personally, but that’s just my personal weirdness.

Anyone else notice that? Or am I crazy?

The MAVRIK Standard looks good to me, for what it is. It's not a footprint I would gravitate toward, but even when I hit it in my testing at ECPC I actually liked the feel quite a bit and while the shape and offset were larger than my preference, I was surprised at how I was still making good swings. I just wasn't launching or spinning it enough.

The MAVRIK Standard looks good to me, for what it is. It's not a footprint I would gravitate toward, but even when I hit it in my testing at ECPC I actually liked the feel quite a bit and while the shape and offset were larger than my preference, I was surprised at how I was still making good swings. I just wasn't launching or spinning it enough.

OK, so it does have some offset. It’s nice to know I’m not that crazy yet. :ROFLMAO:

very good point. as good as they feel out of the middle, when you miss, you sure as hell KNOW you missed.
Sounds JUST like Epic Forged.

Sounds JUST like Epic Forged.
I have an EF 4 iron and I think it can feel pretty harsh when missed on certain parts of the face. I don't know if the entire set is similar. The Mav Pros don't feel nearly as bad when a shot is missed. At least in my experience so far.

I have an EF 4 iron and I think it can feel pretty harsh when missed on certain parts of the face. I don't know if the entire set is similar. The Mav Pros don't feel nearly as bad when a shot is missed. At least in my experience so far.
It’s through the set IME.

That said, on the center region of the face where I SHOULD be living? Power.

Back