Callaway MAVRIK Irons

Hoping to check these at GG since there will be no golf anytime soon....global warming and all

Sounds JUST like Epic Forged.

interesting, that wasn’t really my takeaway when testing side by side at ecpc. we started with epic forged, then mav std, then mav pro, then apex pro, then back to mav pro to finalize. i would say i struggled most with ef. they felt good, but different than mav pro. maybe spongier? kinda reminded me of my 718 t-mb i gamed for a little while.

interesting, that wasn’t really my takeaway when testing side by side at ecpc. we started with epic forged, then mav std, then mav pro, then apex pro, then back to mav pro to finalize. i would say i struggled most with ef. they felt good, but different than mav pro. maybe spongier? kinda reminded me of my 718 t-mb i gamed for a little while.
My reference was on misses, as much improved as the EF are from the E’s, when you have a significant miss enjoy the harsh clack. At least that’s what I found in my review and afterwards having tried like a mother to make the 4 or 5 fit in as my utility.

My reference was on misses, as much improved as the EF are from the E’s, when you have a significant miss enjoy the harsh clack. At least that’s what I found in my review and afterwards having tried like a mother to make the 4 or 5 fit in as my utility.

ahhh my bad. yeah that does make sense. these mav pros are like putting a shock collar on a dog. don’t like getting shocked? stop doing the thing that triggers the shock. don’t like a shock running through your hands and into your bones? stop missing the sweet spot haha

ahhh my bad. yeah that does make sense. these mav pros are like putting a shock collar on a dog. don’t like getting shocked? stop doing the thing that triggers the shock. don’t like a shock running through your hands and into your bones? stop missing the sweet spot haha
Bahahaha, I love that.

They remind me of the XR Pro’s I enjoyed in a lot of ways, but with more tech.

I’m secretly hoping we get a set in for review. I’ll not lie. Haha

I hit a few balls yesterday with these, and I agree, in the middle of the face they go BOOM! I’m going to go back and spend more time but compared to misshits on my MP18 I honestly don’t think there was much difference in feel. They both let you know it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might head over to PGASS and see how the Pro irons compares to my new 0211 set.

I hit a few balls yesterday with these, and I agree, in the middle of the face they go BOOM! I’m going to go back and spend more time but compared to misshits on my MP18 I honestly don’t think there was much difference in feel. They both let you know it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha, the 18s will do that!

In ref to club head size, would the standard Mavrik be about the same in size as the standard Rogue?

I finally saw the Pros in person. I was a bit shocked, I was expecting a normal cavity but these are very much like a modern hollow body with a more streamlined shape.

Just saw them. VERY compact for sure. Compared to my Apex 19 pro, there was nothing in it really. Loved the shape and the cavity. Much better looking in person.

I finally saw the Pros in person. I was a bit shocked, I was expecting a normal cavity but these are very much like a modern hollow body with a more streamlined shape.
They do kind of look that way. I was surprised myself. I asked if they were indeed hollow. Was told that they are indeed a cavity back. The weight and badge just make it appear that way.

I keep coming back to the price point on these, how cool the tech is, and the fact that they are even better looking to my eye than the Apex 19. Wow. Wasn't it discussed recently that Rogue might be the best selling iron? These are going to be a heck of an update.

I'm really starting to like the look of the Mavrik Pro irons. I feel like they are just the right size for my eye and the addition of AI sounds REALLY good.

Has anyone asked what hosel size the pros are? is it taper tip? I am going to demo them tomorrow I hope, and if I am wowed might change out the shafts right out of the box and start at the right place for me.

Ends up being the same price as what CC fitted me for and has all the latest tech, not 2 year old tech

Those who have the Mav Pros, did ant of you get the lofts weakened a tad? Or are you playing them at spec.

Hit the Pro 7 iron yesterday and agree that it's very sharp looking. Also agree it's not much of a cavity back look, more like the hollow body iron look. I didn't get it on a launch monitor because some RH guy was hogging the lefty bay, going back today or tomorrow. I want to compare some numbers with my CF16 and the CF19 and CF19 Pro.

Hit the Pro 7 iron yesterday and agree that it's very sharp looking. Also agree it's not much of a cavity back look, more like the hollow body iron look. I didn't get it on a launch monitor because some RH guy was hogging the lefty bay, going back today or tomorrow. I want to compare some numbers with my CF16 and the CF19 and CF19 Pro.

report back and let us know how it goes

And how did you hit them? :p

How was the initial testing of them?

Did anyone get the standard Mavrik’s with the Elevate 105’s? I’m curious as to how the height is with that combo. I need as much as I can get but the offset on the Max looks to be too much for me

Back