Callaway MAVRIK Irons

7-AW for me. I don't have the club head speed to hit a 21º 5-iron, and a 24º 6-iron is a bit iffy.

I talked with one of the designers at the PGA show and he indicated the clubs launch higher that is the reason for stronger lofts. Try them before you rule them out. I haven’t hit them yet but I am going to try them.

Right, the Elevate shaft in the standard Mavrik launches high.

Ping has been making cast irons feel great for years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wedges are “feel” clubs and every wedge is cast including Vokey’s, Cleveland RTX, etc.

Wedges are “feel” clubs and every wedge is cast including Vokey’s, Cleveland RTX, etc.
Almost every wedge ;) hahahaha

The Vokey one is the one that stumps most of the forged die hard when brought up.

I’d still like to see the Pro’s up close. Little bit curious there.

My store finally got the Mavrik Pro demo 7 iron, and I was able to put some swings on it, and I’m impressed.

46FD21DC-68B7-4426-B0F7-91BB4752A92A.jpeg
I was working on some averages, but I had a customer want to demo the Mavrik driver and messed up my mojo. Lol ?

This iron looks like a cross between the Rogue Pro and the Apex, and generates great ball speed across the face (even on toe misses). I’m not in the market for new irons this year, but if I were, I would be giving these a hard look. I don’t have my Apex ‘19 7 iron with me, but I’ll bring it in next time for a side by side comparison.

I talked with one of the designers at the PGA show and he indicated the clubs launch higher that is the reason for stronger lofts. Try them before you rule them out. I haven’t hit them yet but I am going to try them.

I have tried, and didn't have much success. I see it with other seniors...they have a 5 iron with the stronger lofts and can't elevate it, and the 6 is an iffy proposition. Even with the help of technology, a golfer still needs to generate the club head speed to get the right trajectory...hence hybrids and higher lofted fairway woods. :)

I have tried, and didn't have much success. I see it with other seniors...they have a 5 iron with the stronger lofts and can't elevate it, and the 6 is an iffy proposition. Even with the help of technology, a golfer still needs to generate the club head speed to get the right trajectory...hence hybrids and higher lofted fairway woods. :)

did you try the max? sorry if i'm skimming and you mentioned it in a previous post.

did you try the max? sorry if i'm skimming and you mentioned it in a previous post.

No, but I did try it with the Rogue X. I can hit a 25º fairway wood much higher and farther. I would prefer an iron, but it is what it is. :)

No, but I did try it with the Rogue X. I can hit a 25º fairway wood much higher and farther. I would prefer an iron, but it is what it is. :)

I only ask because the Mavrik Max irons have higher lofts than the standards. They are specifically designed to help moderate swing speeds elevate the ball. I agree with you that speed is required to elevate a stronger lofted iron, so the Max are a nice option if someone needs both forgiveness and added launch. Granted it's not the most compact footprint you've ever seen...

I only ask because the Mavrik Max irons have higher lofts than the standards. They are specifically designed to help moderate swing speeds elevate the ball. I agree with you that speed is required to elevate a stronger lofted iron, so the Max are a nice option if someone needs both forgiveness and added launch. Granted it's not the most compact footprint you've ever seen...

I think the Rogue X are similar...and the biggest issue I had with them was too much offset...my misses tend to be left...so I didn't even look at the MAVRIK Max. I had great success with the CF16's, so I figured the Mavrik would be the better alternative.

I think the Rogue X are similar...and the biggest issue I had with them was too much offset...my misses tend to be left...so I didn't even look at the MAVRIK Max. I had great success with the CF16's, so I figured the Mavrik would be the better alternative.

rogue x 7i was 27* with 6.9mm of offset
mavrik max 7i is 30* with 6.4mm of offset

what's more interesting, is when you look at how the lofts stack up in the mavrik irons. for comparison mavrik pro 7i is 30.5* with 2.8mm of offset. my point being, while mav max has more offset, it has almost the same exact loft as the mav pro.

rogue x 7i was 27* with 6.9mm of offset
mavrik max 7i is 30* with 6.4mm of offset

what's more interesting, is when you look at how the lofts stack up in the mavrik irons. for comparison mavrik pro 7i is 30.5* with 2.8mm of offset. my point being, while mav max has more offset, it has almost the same exact loft as the mav pro.

I think even "players" irons are getting a bit stronger too, though not at the same rate as other types of clubs. I am surprised the pro would have the same loft as the Max.

I think even "players" irons are getting a bit stronger too, though not at the same rate as other types of clubs. I am surprised the pro would have the same loft as the Max.

the mav pro irons have the same lofts as the apex cf19, but weaker than apex pro. while we hear (rightly so) that stronger lofts are often necessary to hit proper peak heights when cg is pushed lower, I would say these mav pro are not launching as high for me as the cf19. even at 1* weak off standard.

The Mavrik Pro and Apex ‘19 have the same lofts (I believe)...

And the Rogue Pros were slightly weaker (although my set was 1° strong, which would have made mine the same lofts as the Apex ‘19 and Mavrik Pros)...

I’d still like to see the Pro’s up close. Little bit curious there.

They look good!! I’ll snag a pic of the demo head by the Apex CF19 and Apex Pro CF19 tomorrow around noon.

Thanks guys!

Im not going to preorder now and will wait a few months until Club Champion gets in all the LH options in driver and irons and then go from there.
In regards to the irons going too long/far, Id just say (if your mind can handle it), just grab a set AW and go from there with the wedges. It might cause some mental issues though, sure (this is a safe space, were all internet golfers here:LOL:) but the AW is 48 degrees and may fit better with wedges over the 43 degree PW.

In regards to the irons going too long/far, Id just say (if your mind can handle it), just grab a set AW and go from there with the wedges. It might cause some mental issues though, sure (this is a safe space, were all internet golfers here:LOL:) but the AW is 48 degrees and may fit better with wedges over the 43 degree PW.
That's exactly what I'm doing. Dropping the 4 iron and adding the AW.

That's exactly what I'm doing. Dropping the 4 iron and adding the AW.
Id be interested to see your stock shot gapping once youve put the bag together in its entirety

Id be interested to see your stock shot gapping once youve put the bag together in its entirety
You and me both :)

I can't wait to get out and play with these. I think the AW addition was much needed and I should have just gone that way straight away. But, I like that I will be able to consider the AW a more "traditionally" lofted PW from yesteryear. Just have to make sure I get over that mental hurdle of clubbing down.

You and me both :)

I can't wait to get out and play with these. I think the AW addition was much needed and I should have just gone that way straight away. But, I like that I will be able to consider the AW a more "traditionally" lofted PW from yesteryear. Just have to make sure I get over that mental hurdle of clubbing down.
Youll do just fine. You only have that "yesteryear" mentality because thats been the norm as you learned the game. Change can be good and the tech inside those irons is unreal (as we both know well).

I am still yet to see these, but then with the weather etc I haven't been anywhere to even look to be honest - I could have played the Apex '19 but went with my Srixon combo set

My store finally got the Mavrik Pro demo 7 iron, and I was able to put some swings on it, and I’m impressed.

View attachment 8925160
I was working on some averages, but I had a customer want to demo the Mavrik driver and messed up my mojo. Lol ?

This iron looks like a cross between the Rogue Pro and the Apex, and generates great ball speed across the face (even on toe misses). I’m not in the market for new irons this year, but if I were, I would be giving these a hard look. I don’t have my Apex ‘19 7 iron with me, but I’ll bring it in next time for a side by side comparison.

Carry 162
Total 176

That seems like a lot of roll-out to me? I know the pic shows spin at 5K, but I am guessing a fairly shallow angle of descent as well to get that much difference between carry and total?
I will be curious to see any further comparison with your Apex '19

Ok I grabbed some pics of the demo heads. It’s hard to get a great comparison shot here but this should help!

Mavrik Pro beside the Apex Pro
5D6F0187-5C59-4048-BAA6-C484817C1CB6.jpeg

Mavrik-Apex Forged- Mavrik Pro- Apex Pro
3D1A6B25-4736-4BCC-A4BE-F667E280E301.jpeg

Back