Callaway MAVRIK Irons

The reason I was fit into these over the Apex Pro was the launch. I have had a launch issue the last season. Everything has been high flying moon balls. These have given me a much better launch window than I have been seeing.
Damn. Didn’t need to hear that haha

It's my first venture in the category. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around it. But, once I start nailing par 5's from deep range, I will get over it real quick :)
When you're able to drop 7 irons into par 5s, your eagle count should increase for sure (y)(y)

They're not bad looking at all by modern standards.

Nothing's going to match Louisville Golf's new hickories for looks, though.

Are you guys finding enough spin to hold greens with this set? Thx

Absolutely. In fact, I've found the stopping power to be incredible. I hit a 7-iron that landed about 8 feet in front of the pin one hole late in my singles match during The Grandaddy. It released all of about 1 inch. I remember because I specifically commented that a little more roll out would have been nice on that one. Granted, the greens at the Hideaway are immaculate, but I don't remember fixing a ball mark more than about 2-3 feet from where it came to rest, even with 4 and 5 irons. Spin is different for everyone, of course, but these have plenty of spin for me.

The pros with a set of Recoil F4s may find there way into my bag. I'm 8yrs over due.

Last edited:
I'll echo what @bigskyirish is saying. I didn't have any issues stopping the ball in the greens at the Hideaway. In fact, I hit a monster 7 iron from about 195. Not fully realizing how crazy long these are yet, I carried just over the green and had the ball come to rest very close to it's own divot on the fringe.

Oh Man! I am just getting comfortable with my Rogues that I upgraded to in October. Need to resist the urge to upgrade again. :ROFLMAO::eek::love:

The Pro would get taken home to meet the family. The others... Not so much.

Why are the Pro's $100 more than the others in this line? Has Callaway ever done that before in their releases? Just asking.

Anyways, big thanks to @Jman, @radiman, @McLovin, and @bigskyirish for their reviews on the Mavrik Pros. You too @zbeekner4 when your Pros arrive! Not slighting anybody else in the regular Mavriks, just too much offset for my taste.

I'll definitely be hitting these soon and comparing them to my CF16's. I bet I'm in that target market of guys who haven't upgraded in a while and these irons with a thinner topline, slight offset, and smaller package is right up my alley. They look great. I'm very interested.

Any info on the stock shafts would be helpful going forward. I'll be looking at the KBS Tour graphite but interested if the Elevates (with VSS dampening) are an option for guys with some elbow issues.

Great job on the reviews guys, while i am not in the market for irons this year love seeing the new tech. Big fan of the look of the pros.

I gotta say @radiman, those 7 iron numbers are just absurd! Just a tiny bit jealous.

Last edited:
I like the tech story behind these. Crazy to think all the work that went in to these. Not a fan of the looks but you can’t see the back of the club when you’re hitting them.

The pros with a set of Recoil F4s may find there way into my bag. I'm 8yrs over due.
Get fit Smitty so you make sure. Plenty of places by you to get fit too.
Oh and we need to play again this year. No issues making a trip to KC to play.

Yes, for me high spin is the issue and I was consistently losing distance due to spin. Most of it is swing based but these seemed to have keep me in check. But again that is paired with the right shaft. Tried multiple different one until reverting to the classic.

Get fit Smitty so you make sure. Plenty of places by you to get fit too.
Oh and we need to play again this year. No issues making a trip to KC to play.

Absolutely! Couple other members around the area would like join.

Confirmed with Callaway the KBS TGI 100 or 110 is not an option at all. Too bad, turns a $900 set into $1,700 set of built by CC.

Looks like an absolutely ridiculous amount of tech packed into these irons, at a crazy reasonable pricepoint.

Looking forward to hearing more from the other guys when they receive their Mavrik irons.

** I was fit for the Max irons, but due to inventory shortages, I only hit them at ECPC. They will be shipped to me shortly, and I will be adding information regarding the Max irons as soon as possible. **

That being said, during my fitting, I was hitting the Epic Forged and the Max irons. The numbers that Nick was seeing showed the forgiveness that the Max line offers. The optimized AI face cup as well as the low CG, the stability was apparent as soon as I began hitting them. Stock graphite shaft is the Project X Catalyst 65 and wow, they’re fantastic. Super stable and so far I’m liking them just as much or more than my previous Recoils.

The lofts of the Max line essentially mirror what the Big Bertha line has.

I’m really looking forward to getting these in my hands again and get to work with them.

I am a rogue x and epic forged owner. Funny now I'm dialed into my rogue x, I struggle with the compact epic forged. Now I wonder if I should have skipped the epic forged and sell it off for the mavrik max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait to get my hands on them.

Back