Callaway MAVRIK Irons

That is pretty much a standard set makeup these days isn't it? At least from what I recall.

Depends on the company. Some are 7 pieces and some are 8. Best scenario for golfers is to price by the iron. The general consensus is that most golfers use a hybrid in the lowest spot, so by keeping price low and starting at 4 gives a decent option. Similar to how Ben Hogan does it now and a few others.

Most everyone is 4-GW. still 8 clubs. That puts these clubs at 128'ish per club. I am not saying that is a bad value. Just to be aware of it.
Oh, yeah, wasn't implying that. I just thought it was kind of the way it was. But, it has been a while since I bought a set of irons brand new.

Depends on the company. Some are 7 pieces and some are 8. Best scenario for golfers is to price by the iron. The general consensus is that most golfers use a hybrid in the lowest spot, so by keeping price low and starting at 4 gives a decent option. Similar to how Ben Hogan does it now and a few others.

Totally agree. The only other company really selling 7 piece sets is Cobra. I just feel that people should be aware what that price means. This is about an 8% increase for this line to 128'ish/per club.

Again, so you do not feel the need to defend. I am not saying this is a bad value. These clubs are packed.

Totally agree. The only other company really selling 7 piece sets is Cobra. I just feel that people should be aware what that price means. This is about an 8% increase for this line to 128'ish/per club.

Again, so you do not feel the need to defend. I am not saying this is a bad value. These clubs are packed.
I don’t defend clubs or pricing, that is completely up to golfers. Just make sure people have all correct info.

FWIW TaylorMade is selling in SIM 4-PW for $100 more. Cleveland is also doing 4-PW now. As are others.

I don’t defend clubs or pricing, just make sure people have all correct info.

FWIW TaylorMade is selling in SIM 4-PW for $100 more. Cleveland is also doing 4-PW now. As are others.

I have not seen or received pricing on the SIM irons yet. So that is news to me, but not a surprise. Thank you.

Saw these at the store today and I’d forgotten how nice they look in hand. Great price point for a good looking, tech packed iron family.

Regarding the Mavrik Max irons - would you consider this comparable to the Rogue X irons?

One more thing to take into consideration is that the $799/899 price is for 7 irons not 8. Standard set is 4-PW.

not much different than 5-AW right? with UT, hybrids and high lofted fairway woods, most iron sets are 7 clubs.

Regarding the Mavrik Max irons - would you consider this comparable to the Rogue X irons?

This is the Rogue replacement line. If you liked or played the Rogue X you will like the Mavrik Max irons.

Maybe not the right place to ask this, but, was going through pricing trading in clubs as part of my pondering, where does the extra 50% trade value come into the equation? When I am in cart with the code added in, the pricing does not show the additional 50% added in.

Maybe not the right place to ask this, but, was going through pricing trading in clubs as part of my pondering, where does the extra 50% trade value come into the equation? When I am in cart with the code added in, the pricing does not show the additional 50% added in.
It won't show on the site. Will be credited back to you upon receipt of the clubs you're sending in.

It won't show on the site. Will be credited back to you upon receipt of the clubs you're sending in.
Got it. Thanks. ?

Was thinking the 50% should show for the trade items knowing I would be paying in full now with credit to come after sending clubs to them.

Got it. Thanks. ?

Was thinking the 50% should show for the trade items knowing I would be paying in full now with credit to come after sending clubs to them.
It is confusing. I traded some stuff in to get the AW for this set. I've never used the system before, so I called this morning to make sure. As long as you're using the code, you should be fine.

I am kind of bummed they won't put the KBS TGI 110 in them, finally get fit for the right shaft and can't get it.

Such an intriguing release with all the tech, especially AI Flash Faces. The Pros intrigue me the most and I really hope my dad tries the standard ones soon.

Great feedback so far from the 2019 Grandaddy team! ?

Question for the Team that got the product presentation... Can the flash face be put on a forged iron like the Apex line at some point or is it something that has to do with the cast process?

Question for the Team that got the product presentation... Can the flash face be put on a forged iron like the Apex line at some point or is it something that has to do with the cast process?
That is a good question, but i don’t think I recall it coming up

this was not specifically asked. my thought is yes, as “forged” can be loosely applied to construction such that i don’t think an ai’d face would be mutually exclusive.

I asked about this and the best way to answer this is with A.I. anything is possible. During our round table we asked Doc Hoc what's the hardest part about working with the super computer and his answer was "it's forcing me to think outside the box". So there are endless possibilities, but we were told time and time again, they aren't going to put something out there just to do it. When something is ready it's because it's the best they have to offer.

I haven't even compared the actual spec sheets between the two. I would be surprised if the Mavrik actually has more offset. And, if it does, it can't be by much.
I am circling back on this as I did finally check the specs. There was a reason that the offset looks so similar to the Apex Pro's. It's because there isn't much difference. In fact, in the mid irons (6, 7, & 8), they are identical.

1579282717279.png
1579282741047.png

There is some differences in how the offset progresses, but overall, they do look pretty good in that regard from the top.

@radiman that's a good comparison. interesting because I tested both side-by-side in the fitting at ecpc (with 7i iirc) and remember thinking they looked almost identical behind the ball. well, the offset was the exact same, so there you go!

If its not too much trouble, I'd like to see more pics of the Pros at address.

I was in the store the other day and they didn't have any of the Pros out. I was bummed. The regular mavrik's are not the greatest looking, but not the worst looking either. I would LOVE to get the Mavrik pros in hand.

Back