Callaway MAVRIK Irons

I think I have seen 3 sets of Mavrik Pros in play in the last month. Every time I asked the player what they thought. Each time they have said the same thing. "I love them." "I have picked up at least an extra club of distance." "They feel so solid."

I have tried talking about the AI face. But, none of them really knew anything about that. They just tried them during a demo day and fell in love. Didn't know anything about the tech story.

I think I have seen 3 sets of Mavrik Pros in play in the last month. Every time I asked the player what they thought. Each time they have said the same thing. "I love them." "I have picked up at least an extra club of distance." "They feel so solid."

I have tried talking about the AI face. But, none of them really knew anything about that. They just tried them during a demo day and fell in love. Didn't know anything about the tech story.

I haven't seen a single set of mav pros in the wild. I have seen one, maybe two sets of mav standard. too bad, they're great sets. I wonder how well they're selling.

I haven't seen a single set of mav pros in the wild. I have seen one, maybe two sets of mav standard. too bad, they're great sets. I wonder how well they're selling.
I will say that I don't think I had seen more than one set of Rogue irons in my day out in the wild. So, with that limited sample size, if the Rogue were the number one irons forever, that must mean the Mavs are even better :ROFLMAO:

Played on Tuesday an had my best striking day yet with the irons. I had some amazing approach shots that I usually don’t achieve, and the forgiveness was working it’s magic as well. I had a couple of nice solid one hop stops as well. It was also a fairly windy day and had no issues with them along with the new CSX. Now that I’m more comfortable with the distances I’m also able to choke down on some clubs and take a more agressive shot at the green.

mav pros continue to impress so much. after my lesson saturday, i'm swinging slower on purpose to work on some new feels. even so, I still hit some excellent iron shots. arccos stats had my approach handicap at 5.3 in my round yesterday, 100% because of these irons.

These are without a doubt my favorite irons I have ever hit. With the TT elevate tour shafts I am just loving every time I get to play.

my home course has some tight, blind, tee shots, as well as some that force you to less than driver. I’ve gone back and forth between hybrids and iron off the tee recently. I’m finding success with an iron, only problem is the strongest one I have is a 6i.

going to see my fitter/shop guy tomorrow to see about ordering a 4 iron. If I can get the piercing ball flight I’m seeing with my 6i, with a bit more distance, I am going to be in heaven!

These are without a doubt my favorite irons I have ever hit. With the TT elevate tour shafts I am just loving every time I get to play.

my home course has some tight, blind, tee shots, as well as some that force you to less than driver. I’ve gone back and forth between hybrids and iron off the tee recently. I’m finding success with an iron, only problem is the strongest one I have is a 6i.

going to see my fitter/shop guy tomorrow to see about ordering a 4 iron. If I can get the piercing ball flight I’m seeing with my 6i, with a bit more distance, I am going to be in heaven!

which ones? max, standard or pro?

Hey guys so I actually got apex 16 CF (Wasn’t fitted. Just got an extremely good deal. I was moving on from my first set of irons.). I think overall I hit quite clean with them but I do have my mid hits but I chalk that up my inconsistencies then the club. Do you think there’s enough differences to move to apex 19s or Mavrik? I actually have a Mavrik driver, wood, and hybrid.

Hey guys so I actually got apex 16 CF (Wasn’t fitted. Just got an extremely good deal. I was moving on from my first set of irons.). I think overall I hit quite clean with them but I do have my mid hits but I chalk that up my inconsistencies then the club. Do you think there’s enough differences to move to apex 19s or Mavrik? I actually have a Mavrik driver, wood, and hybrid.

i think the mav standard would be a big difference between cf16. larger clubhead, more offset.

i owned cf19 prior to being fit for mav pro. i would say cf19 launched a little higher, and spun a bit more, and feel softer. but my numbers say i’m hitting far more greens and i’m much more consistent with mav pro.

I love my Mav Pros. I still have the Apex Pros and love that top line but the forgiveness and consistency I find with the Mavriks just don’t compare. I can see myself playing the mav pros for a long time

I love my Mav Pros. I still have the Apex Pros and love that top line but the forgiveness and consistency I find with the Mavriks just don’t compare. I can see myself playing the mav pros for a long time

I totally agree. There are some tempting releases rolling out right now, but when I ask myself what it is about the Mav Pros I find lacking and think a different set may correct, the answer is I'm not sure there's anything that would give me better performance. I'll probably still do a fitting next year, but it's gonna take something special to kick the Mav Pros out of the bag.

I totally agree. There are some tempting releases rolling out right now, but when I ask myself what it is about the Mav Pros I find lacking and think a different set may correct, the answer is I'm not sure there's anything that would give me better performance. I'll probably still do a fitting next year, but it's gonna take something special to kick the Mav Pros out of the bag.
This is the truth. I have a beautiful new set of apex pros ready to go and I still can’t bring myself to simply bag them. Not because they’re bad at all but just because the mav pros are that good!

I ran into a guy that I used to play with every week last night. Turns out that he bought a set of Mavrik Pro's recently. He was playing the XR Pro previously. So, as far as release cycles go, the Mav was a good progression for him.

I asked what he thought of them. He said he's having to relearn his distances again. Probably a club longer if not more. But, he's loving the feel and forgiveness. I asked if he had any regrets moving to them and he said, "no ****ing way. I love these clubs."

Welp, after a sort of follow up fitting to my iron fitting from about 10 days ago, I ended up getting fit into the Mavriks (standard) with Tensei silver shafts. It's what I was hitting the best overall at the original fitting. I had come back to hit the new Mizuno, and I was hitting the HMP almost as well. But basically, every time he put the Mavrik in my hand I was hitting it about 2 mm toward the toe, while everything else was a bit more off center. So, now we wait until Callaway can actually build and send them. Looking forward to it.

I too have a set of Mav standards with graphite shafts. I was hitting golf balls at the range one day and the Cally rep was there doing a demo which I didn't know before hand. So when I got done hitting I went over to him and was discussing irons which seems to be my weakest part of my game and I had the Epic irons so he gave me the Mav standard in steel flex and I hit it about the same as the Epic's but then he suggested the graphite shaft and wow what a difference, distance and feel.

I am just looking for a set to create a "Sunday bag" so I am looking for a partial set just for a tryout to see if I score any different! lol

Gonna get fit for the Mizuno 921 and the Taylormade 770/7MC. I don't think the new Srixon will be available. I'm bringing my Mav Pros (as I did when I got fitted for the Forged Tech and MP20 MMC). I doubt that I'll like any other setup better than what I'm currently gaming and I've been playing the Mav Pros so well. Nonetheless, I just want to taste what's out there.

back to back days hitting the mav pros off mats, and damn they feel so good out of the middle. they're just so fun.

I hit one of the Mavrik 4 irons on the range the other day and I'm going to order one on CPO to replace my 2007 Titleist driving iron. Silly easy to hit high and long.

Hitting the Mav Pros a few weeks ago on a simulator has really stuck in my mind. They just felt soo good.

I hit one of the Mavrik 4 irons on the range the other day and I'm going to order one on CPO to replace my 2007 Titleist driving iron. Silly easy to hit high and long.

@radiman has been telling anyone who will listen that this is a great idea. the mav pro is a fantastic driving iron for someone who wants a slightly smaller profile. super forgiving for its size, lower launch, and lower spin. let us know how it goes!

Hitting the Mav Pros a few weeks ago on a simulator has really stuck in my mind. They just felt soo good.

man, i totally agree. for a cast club, the feel out of the middle is something that speaks to me. my miss has been out of the toe recently, and the feel is not so great from there! slightly toward the heel actually feels really good to me, and is super straight (if a little shorter). i think earlier this year i was singing the praises of this iron for its toe-side forgiveness. however, as my swing has evolved during my lessons, the toe miss has been resulting in a hard hook. good distance, but not a straight flight like i was seeing before. still, when i look at some other irons and ponder, i keep reminding myself that these mav pros have been fantastic for me, honestly the brightest spot in my bag.

@tahoebum going all in on Mavrik, one club at a time. Love it!

Which flavor of Mavrik? I think the Pro would make an excellent driving iron for someone who can find the center of the face more often than not. But, I bet the standard Mavrik would be filthy long.

Which flavor of Mavrik? I think the Pro would make an excellent driving iron for someone who can find the center of the face more often than not. But, I bet the standard Mavrik would be filthy long.

The Pro suits my eye better so that one is on order. :)

The Pro suits my eye better so that one is on order. :)
But why stop there? You can have the whole gang for just a few more bucks ;)

Back