Callaway MD5 Jaws Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I tried to watch the video, but I get a message that says it is private. Never got that before.

Just_Hacking;n8904278 said:
I tried to watch the video, but I get a message that says it is private. Never got that before.

Yup, same.

Im sure it’ll be fixed here momentarily!

Can’t wait to put one or two in the bag. Might even have to pull the pm grind 2.0 in favor of the low bounce w grind

• Admin
Just_Hacking;n8904278 said:

It should be fixed now.

Low bounce W grind!!!

These have my attention.

there sure is a lot going on with the back of the wedge.

Definitely something I will give a try!! Great interview Dan!!

Interesting that they went with the 115 with the shaft. I think I would like that a lot.

Yes please!!! Reviews are positive already. The bite is real!

Sounds like they left no stones unturned in developing these wedges.

Just_Hacking;n8904320 said:
Interesting that they went with the 115 with the shaft. I think I would like that a lot.
I tend to prefer heavier, but oh well. We'll see how it feels

dacatalyst41;n8904329 said:
I tend to prefer heavier, but oh well. We'll see how it feels

Funny cause I was thinking of trying the catalyst 80 in a 54/52 wedge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alez367;n8904330 said:
Funny cause I was thinking of trying the catalyst 80 in a 54/52 wedge.

Wouldn't be your first crazy idea. :act-up:

dacatalyst41;n8904332 said:
Wouldn't be your first crazy idea. :act-up:

Exactly!

I'm already torn between a 60 X Grind and a 60 Wide-low. Wedges looked really good in person with the Tour grey finish.

The shaft choice is a solid piece to the story. Pretty sure they’ll have heavier ones at no upcharge, but for a big part they of the bell curve I bet these will fit better.

Good vid guys

Lots of bounce combos!!!! I never tried the previous Jaws version so looking forward to trying this one.

Great video and packed with a ton of information. I love the low bounce W grind idea and will help those who don't like the footprint of the PM grind, but want that help it provides. I can't wait to see these in person and maybe get one to tinker with. Pulling the 5w out of the bag I have an open spot.

I’d ponder those and give them a hit. Wedges are approaching 2yrs or so, they’re about due

And just when I thought I had wedges set for the season.
Callaway really knows how to hit that FOMO-button. I really want to give this wedge a try!

Really looking forward to getting these in my bag

I can't decide if I love the look, or loathe the look.

I do know I love the return of "JAWS"

I don't know much about the original Jaws but the extra spin and little lower flight is something I like a lot and could use. The MD4 has been a bit of a struggle for me so I'm glad to see this come out.

I'll be honest though that price point is getting to the edge of what I would spend on a wedge.

Finley and AJ both had them in play at the Budget Championship this past weekend with THPers and we know there are about 20 participants that will each be getting one.

Back