Callaway MD5 Jaws Wedges

Those are some good looking wedges!

@ArmyGolf are you liking the jaws wedges better than the PM grinds? I am so torn on what I want to do in December.

@ArmyGolf are you liking the jaws wedges better than the PM grinds? I am so torn on what I want to do in December.
Oof this is so tough. The 56 Jaws replaced my 56 MD4 without a hitch and I like it much better.

The 60X Jaws is sooo good for shots from 25-70 yards, but it's just not as good around the green as my 60 PM grind.

I settled the matter by removing my 3 wood and putting my PM Grind back in...so now I have 2 60s like a doofus.

Oof this is so tough. The 56 Jaws replaced my 56 MD4 without a hitch and I like it much better.

The 60X Jaws is sooo good for shots from 25-70 yards, but it's just not as good around the green as my 60 PM grind.

I settled the matter by removing my 3 wood and putting my PM Grind back in...so now I have 2 60s like a doofus.

That is tough! The 25-70 yard shots are my favorite shots.

These wedges continue to be a highlight of the bag for me. The 50* is just so versatile inside a 100 yards for me. I do really like the PM grind in 58* around the green for shots I want to get up and land softly. Having those extra grooves up high is a blessing.

These wedges continue to be a highlight of the bag for me. The 50* is just so versatile inside a 100 yards for me. I do really like the PM grind in 58* around the green for shots I want to get up and land softly. Having those extra grooves up high is a blessing.

Do you hit full shots with the PM?

Since I swapped out my 56° MD4 and PM 2.0 60° for the 54° and 58° JAWS wedges my short game has never been better! Even full shots with both are more consistent. I've played graphite-shafted irons for years and up until the fitting at ECPC in 2018 I always played steel-shafted wedges. The only thing I can figure is the steel KBS shafts in the JAWS wedges are more suitable for me than the UST 460 graphite shafts.

Since I swapped out my 56° MD4 and PM 2.0 60° for the 54° and 58° JAWS wedges my short game has never been better! Even full shots with both are more consistent. I've played graphite-shafted irons for years and up until the fitting at ECPC in 2018 I always played steel-shafted wedges. The only thing I can figure is the steel KBS shafts in the JAWS wedges are more suitable for me than the UST 460 graphite shafts.
That's just scary. I've seen your wedge game up close. I agree though. Feel and performance just seems to be better although I still prefer my PM in the 58 spot.

Was able to hit these outdoors and play with the different grinds. Decided to order 50S, 54S, and 60X. The 60X is the surprise. I thought I would get another PM60. 60X won me over with full swing while still retaining loads of versatility to open up and play lots of shots. Going with chrome this time. With DG115 Tour shaft I was getting lower flight with huge spin. That will some fun shot options. Visually these are a big improvement over the MD3s I have played, more compact and fit in better with my irons. Very nice upgrade.

Was able to hit these outdoors and play with the different grinds. Decided to order 50S, 54S, and 60X. The 60X is the surprise. I thought I would get another PM60. 60X won me over with full swing while still retaining loads of versatility to open up and play lots of shots. Going with chrome this time. With DG115 Tour shaft I was getting lower flight with huge spin. That will some fun shot options. Visually these are a big improvement over the MD3s I have played, more compact and fit in better with my irons. Very nice upgrade.

I am loving the 58X grind. It is very forgiving on square shots and I can open it up and hit nice soft flops with it. Its a fun club to play around with.

X grind is just so good. The lockdown is killing me but at least my grooves will still be immaculate whenever this ends because the stop on a dime

That will be a nice setup!!!!

x is the jam. i’m back to being trash with a wedge around the greens, but full shots are muy sessy with these wedges.

60X is fun inside of 25 yds.

My 50W spins like mad on full shots. And, love to throw chips right to the flag with this. Serious check, skid, stop.:love:

Had a lot of chips with the 50S today. The spin being generated is amazing!!! As long as a good strike is put on the ball, I was getting a lot of hop and stop action.
I have Recoil 95's in my wedges to match my irons and have no issues with full or partial shots. The Recoils are lighter than some of the steel shafts, but the feel is still there.

Had a lot of chips with the 50S today. The spin being generated is amazing!!! As long as a good strike is put on the ball, I was getting a lot of hop and stop action.
I have Recoil 95's in my wedges to match my irons and have no issues with full or partial shots. The Recoils are lighter than some of the steel shafts, but the feel is still there.

Nice. I've had my cynical and sarcastic moments regarding wedges and claims of spin, but goodness these things really do take a bite out of the ball on solid strikes. I could feel the purr of the grooves when I hit them yesterday, and it was hilarious backing up shots on range grass. Can't wait to put my new wedges in the bag. May 6.

These wedges and the CSX equals check for days. I use my 48 a lot around the greens and the grooves with the CSX allows me to be pretty aggressive. I alternate between the CSX and CS where I’m definitely seeing more roll out with the CS.

In my 60 degree, I normally play a PM Grind 19, but have been chipping with this one recently and really like it. Not sure I make a switch, but one of the first times in recent years I have really enjoyed this lineup.

In my 60 degree, I normally play a PM Grind 19, but have been chipping with this one recently and really like it. Not sure I make a switch, but one of the first times in recent years I have really enjoyed this lineup.
Which grind?

I’ve heard high praise of that X grind for steeper players like myself. Might have to give it a go.

I’ve heard high praise of that X grind for steeper players like myself. Might have to give it a go.

Im not a full swing wedge guy with higher lofts but to me it appears accurate as I can get pretty steep.

Back