Callaway MD5 Jaws Wedges

JMB3;n8905314 said:
I've LOVED the shape and spin off my MD4s, but, man, that Tour Grey finish is making me drool...

i just wish they'd go dbm :( that said, i think their latest pvd is holding up pretty well for most people

dacatalyst41;n8904329 said:
I tend to prefer heavier, but oh well. We'll see how it feels

I am guessing the TI S400 Onyx would look amazing with the darker wedges!

MattyDMPLS;n8905341 said:
After fondling your blacked out wedges I'm sort of leaning that direction.

MattyDMPLS;n8905341 said:
Yes! That finish looks sharp.

ArmyGolf;n8905345 said:
After fondling your blacked out wedges I'm sort of leaning that direction.

I am not afraid to say my wedges are sexy! Lol

To your question about the PM Grind, I am leaning more towards the X grind, but it could be the c grind.

Thinking I am going to get a 64* just to see what it would be like.

Anyone ready to preorder on Friday??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm one of the lucky few who will get one from the championship, but it looks like that free one may have 3 paid in full along side it, if these perform like I think they will.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Alez367;n8906340 said:

It's a really hard ponder right now. I think I want to see them in person though so I can check out how they feel weight wise in hand.

These are very tempting...

Alez367;n8906340 said:

Tempting but unlikely...I am, however, looking forward to seeing the new Customs design options.

I think I'm going to go with a 56 Wide, and then a 60 Wide/Low. I think those would work really well for me, but I'm a little hesitant to stray from my usual setup.

ArmyGolf;n8906888 said:
I think I'm going to go with a 56 Wide, and then a 60 Wide/Low. I think those would work really well for me, but I'm a little hesitant to stray from my usual setup.
I am just terrible at figuring out the grinds. I'm highly tempted to buy a 54* with the same setup I have now then choose a 58* for my prize...but really not sure what to do about the grind.

I havent touched my 62 out of fear in the last month. I'm thinking 58 high W would be perfect around the greens for a guy like me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’d be surprised if a set of these doesn’t end up in my bag.

I like low bounce in my highest lofted wedge (Mr. Cleveland will pour the wine over my head instead of into my glass after reading that) so the 58/8 sounds good to me!

I am quite torn on what I am going to get. I really like all of wedges! So I think I am going to go with a 64*

brianmk24;n8906966 said:
I like low bounce in my highest lofted wedge (Mr. Cleveland will pour the wine over my head instead of into my glass after reading that) so the 58/8 sounds good to me!

I'll go with whatever grind/bounce combo the ECPC fitters recommend, BUT if that doesn't include a c grind LW, I'll be buying one on my own, haha.

I’ve got a 60* Low W on order. Figured I needed a lower bounce given I’m also getting a Cleveland CBX2 54*. Need to cover all the bases on bounce.

Hit these yesterday at Golf Galaxy, 50/54/60, and holy hell do they feel light side by side with the MG2’s. They definitely look better in person.

Hitting off mats sucks in general let alone with wedges, but the feel to me is better than the 4’s and it needed to be. Spin was good, speed was easy, and height was easy as well.

Jman;n8908070 said:
Hit these yesterday at Golf Galaxy, 50/54/60, and holy hell do they feel light side by side with the MG2’s. They definitely look better in person.

Hitting off mats sucks in general let alone with wedges, but the feel to me is better than the 4’s and it needed to be. Spin was good, speed was easy, and height was easy as well.

Do you think having the s400 TIs in them will help with the weight?

MattyDMPLS;n8908125 said:
Do you think having the s400 TIs in them will help with the weight?

I'm sure it would, I 100% get the move that Callaway is making with the stock shaft in these and the weighting, and it makes a TON of sense for a lot of people. I was just pointing out how noticeable it was for me yesterday with both in hand.

Very small sample, but these are an improvement over the 4's for sure for me.

Got fit to these yesterday and they are no joke!

Attachments

• 1568510544555.png
    1568510544555.png
    460.3 KB · Views: 23
Good stuff Johnny. Good to see you dude!

Back