Callaway MD5 Jaws Wedges

I love custom too. Hopefully they expand the Customs program to Tour Grey as well soon.

I do still like the blue though. My favorite color looks sharp on that wedge.

Was sent some info and then saw it on social media as well. Biggest tour launch they have had to date. I know @DNevsCG is a big fan.

Was sent some info and then saw it on social media as well. Biggest tour launch they have had to date. I know @DNevsCG is a big fan.

Does tour launch mean adopted on tour(s)?

I was able to swing these at the local GG. Really like the feel. Can't wait to get mine and game it. I was convinced my new wedges would be SM7s, but at first blush, the Jaws seems to fit me even better. Thanks to THP, Callaway and Budget Golf, I get to find out!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Checked these wedge out today...really nice. I was surprised to see how well the leading edge stays tight to the ground on the wide sole wedge...and well all the grinds they offer. They all setup similarly, which I rarely ever see when you go from one grind to another with other wedges. Anyone else notice this?

Checked these wedge out today...really nice. I was surprised to see how well the leading edge stays tight to the ground on the wide sole wedge...and well all the grinds they offer. They all setup similarly, which I rarely ever see when you go from one grind to another with other wedges. Anyone else notice this?
Yes and it might be my favorite thing about the entire lineup. Nothing is worse than having a mixture of grinds or lofts and having the leading edge and setup different.

Yes and it might be my favorite thing about the entire lineup. Nothing is worse than having a mixture of grinds or lofts and having the leading edge and setup different.

ok, so I’m not just seeing/imagining this. Very impressive. In the past I’ve not purchased grinds I thought would be best for me because the leading edge would float off the ground.
nicely done Callaway. The equipment competition is rough these days....really great gear to pick from.

Anyone have any feedback on the tour Grey so far. Curious if any issues with the finish holding up yet. I always go traditional finish but the tour Grey looks excellent.

Anyone have any feedback on the tour Grey so far. Curious if any issues with the finish holding up yet. I always go traditional finish but the tour Grey looks excellent.

Personally I’m not a fan of the tour grey as I prefer the md4 black finish over it but I understand for sake of blending with pm grind 2.0 for 2020 keeping the finish the same between both.

I’m not usually a fan of dark irons but these look great, especially with the Catalyst shaft. Thank you THP, Callaway and Budget Golf

43FE22CF-3AAC-4318-AC21-632C88DCC62B.jpeg
6DD2D260-A12F-4224-97D0-9B3301FA8790.jpeg

I got mine!

It's beautiful and feels so nice in the hand.

Range time tomorrow!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

f54edbc0972951d804aa322e5f3003fe.jpg

Art meet design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80g. I didn’t even think about it, just went stock graphite. I’m pretty sure I’m going to buy a 54W and I’ll keep the shaft weights the same.

I’m waiting for the 2 month in face photos. Still up in the air on Grey vs chrome. Grey looks so good out of the box.

Going for a fitting next week but couldnt help the club ho in me so I ordered a 58 W low bounce in grey. Played it for 27 holes so far and loving it. It gets through the grass or sand so easy. The spin is awesome. I've had 2 chip ins already, one last night that I figured I could trust the spin so went right at the flag from about 20 yards off the green. Anything long is trouble as it's a quick putt back down hill. Hit it 2 feet in front of the cup, it hopped up, dropped right back down and trickled into the hole.

I went with the tour grey and one shot bbn out of the sand and you can tell it's used but it honestly doesnt bother me much.

Last edited:
I went to chip with my new 56 degree c grind today (tour grey) and loved it. I need to practice more with it because I am not used to it, but was impressed with the performance and the club looks FANTASTIC. I want to get my preferred midsize grip on there and I should be golden and will try some longer shots with it in a few weeks. I plan to order a 52 degree sometime soon through Budget Golf.

the 58 Wide grind low bounce is a thing of beauty.... I have a club match this weekend so sticking with the PM grind for that then going to play around with it a bit.... Best Callaway wedge I have ever seen and I have liked them since the MD3.

I wonder about the difference between the W and S grinds.....in particular on the lower lofted wedges (i.e. 50). Would there be much difference? Apparently so, as of course they offer it. Just curious by what the difference really is there though.

Love that all the grinds in these Cally wedges sits so insanely well on the ground. Some trickery, magical dust there I think.....

I wonder about the difference between the W and S grinds.....in particular on the lower lofted wedges (i.e. 50). Would there be much difference? Apparently so, as of course they offer it. Just curious by what the difference really is there though.

Love that all the grinds in these Cally wedges sits so insanely well on the ground. Some trickery, magical dust there I think.....

basically

take the trailing edge relief off the S and you get the W

(or rather grind away the trailing edge of the W to get the S)

Back