Callaway New Wedges Hit Tour

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New prototype wedges hit tour this week for Callaway. Six golfers immediately put them in play, including Tom Lewis who is near the top who has a 56 and 60 in the bag. We will have more on these coming soon.

New prototype wedges hit tour this week for Callaway. Six golfers immediately put them in play, including Tom Lewis who is near the top who has a 56 and 60 in the bag. We will have more on these coming soon.
When a top pro immediately puts a new product in play it makes me think it’s because it’s not much if at all different from what they had before. It used to be a massive deal for a top pro to change for example, their driver. Now every pro seems to have every new edition of their sponsor’s driver in play pretty quickly.

I have been anxiously awaiting something to drop on the MD5 replacements. I have had my 54S and 58X in the bag since the 2019 Grandaddy and am due for a refresh. The 54 gets tons of use from full swing thru most greenside chips so the grooves are worn I am sure. The 58 is a bunker and flop specialty club that does not get much use so it may stay in play another year. Looking forward to hearing more about them here on THP.

If pros are putting it directly into play then they must be something good and feel familiar. As @DaveGolfer15 said, pros don't make switches easily on equipment that's working for them with out feeling like they give them an advantage.

That is some LEGIT early adoption :oops:

I saw the new wedge in play about a month ago. It is going to be very well liked. I promise.

I am dying to learn more about this release. I know THP honors embargo dates but any info would be great. When will these be released?

• Admin
I am dying to learn more about this release. I know THP honors embargo dates but any info would be great. When will these be released?
I can't say much other than to say that in less than a couple of weeks time, we will have all of the info.

No idea what Callaway has in mind for the next generation wedges. I just know as long as they make a 58X I'll be wanting one.

No idea what Callaway has in mind for the next generation wedges. I just know as long as they make a 58X I'll be wanting one.
My 58X got a workout yesterday around the green. Wide open flops, spinner from the bunker and a hop n stop from 30 yards. It does everything well. I am hoping the new release does not have the high toe look at address on all the models. I just cant do it.

Digging around online makes me think these are going to be a PM grind replacement. I wonder if lower lofts and standard grind options are coming later in a different release?

All will be revealed, very very very very soon. 👀

Callaway and I have always gotten along well, so I am intrigued.

However, I just replaced my wedges with a 54/58 raw set of SM8s, so I am probably not in the market right now.

Callaway always doing big things. Interested to hear what they did with these!

Wedge season! Haha

looking forward to hearing more. Always excited for Callaways releases. They have really been putting out great stuff.

Digging around online makes me think these are going to be a PM grind replacement. I wonder if lower lofts and standard grind options are coming later in a different release?
There's no replacing the PM Grind! :LOL:

Looking forward to seeing what Callaway has up their sleeve, though. I'd be all ears if they somehow found a way to make the PM Grind even better than it already is, I'm very very fond of that club.

I've seen the new PM and in my opinion it looks a lot better.

There's no replacing the PM Grind! :LOL:

Looking forward to seeing what Callaway has up their sleeve, though. I'd be all ears if they somehow found a way to make the PM Grind even better than it already is, I'm very very fond of that club.
:censored:

Assuming a fell replacement across the entire MD5 lineup including PM Grind (released recently) are coming, I am very interested. I have not been too happy with my current set and after 2+ seasons, am du for replacement. I will anxiously be waiting for this release.

Back