Callaway/Odyssey To Offer Phil Mickelson Putter

New 2010 Odyssey Golf Protype 82 Putter Press Release First News Inside (VERY COOL)

New 2010 Odyssey Golf Protype 82 Putter Press Release First News Inside (VERY COOL)

some of you may have seen this on golfchannels leading edge equiptment blog ... http://www.thegolfchannel.com/leading-edge/odyssey-offer-protype-phil-mickelson-putter-36273/

for those of you who haven't ... enjoy another odyssey protoype paragon at it's absolute best ... i'm definitely acquiring one of these peaches ...

CARLSBAD, Calif., April 26, 2010 – Callaway Golf Company (NYSE: ELY) today announced the introduction of the Odyssey® ProType™ 82 Putter, a limited edition design inspired by the same model Phil Mickelson used to win his third Green Jacket. Only 82 right-handed and 82 left-handed ProType putters will be available for purchase in the United States.

Beginning May 10 at 11:00 AM ET (8:00 AM PT), those interested in owning one of these limited edition putters can sign up to be eligible for purchase on a first-come basis at OdysseyGolf.com. Each of these 164 individually numbered, limited edition putters features a green highlight on the sole, a nod to Mickelson’s win at Augusta earlier this month.

Since the year 2000, Odyssey has been the # 1 Putter across the world’s major professional tours in wins, usage and top-10 finishes. Throughout 2010, Odyssey putters have performed particularly well on the PGA Tour, already claiming a total of eight victories—the majority of which were captured by models featuring Odyssey’s distinctive White Hot and White Ice® inserts, which run across the face of the putter. Odyssey’s eight PGA Tour wins is more than putters from Ping®, TaylorMade®, Nike® and Rife® have combined in 2010.

odyssey-pt-82-700x540.jpg

The ProType 82 features Odyssey’s new White Ice insert, with a Tungsten weight behind it, along with a single white sightline that stretches from the face of the putter down the back flange—a look requested by Mickelson himself. These limited edition PT 82 putters will also come with a Phil Mickelson Limited Edition headcover and a Black Series grip, identical to what the four-time major champion used to win at Augusta.

"I'm very excited that the designers at Odyssey have produced this limited edition putter with the same design as my gamer," Mickelson said. "Tournaments are won and lost on the green, which is why I rely on Odyssey technology. Our design team gives me the best chance to win. Odyssey's winning results on tour are a testament to their engineering capabilities."

“We develop more putters for tour players around the world than any other company,” said Austie Rollinson, Principle Designer for Odyssey Golf. “Phil came to us a few years back to develop this particular model and he’s obviously had great success with it on the PGA Tour. The ProType 82 Putter was developed due to the large number of requests we receive from people interested in the product that Phil uses on the game’s biggest stage.”

“There are also a handful of ProType putters like Phil’s in development and in play on tours across the world,” Rollinson added. “We firmly believe that in order for Odyssey to remain the dominant putter company in the world, it’s crucial that we continue to develop and vet our ideas with the best players in the game.”

Each of the 164 individually numbered, limited edition ProType 82 putters will be available at an asking price of $500. For more information on this offer and Odyssey’s complete lineup, please visit www.odysseygolf.com. High-resolution images of all products are available for immediate download via the Media Center portion of Callaway Golf’s website: www.callawaygolf.com/Global/en-US/MediaCenter.html.

Merged with the same release posted a few days earlier.

Supply and demand...

82 RH putters made for 95% of the golfing population- of a model that won a masters AND is the center peice in an iconic photo (no...not the donut one).
I bet $500 is actually well below "market value" for these putters.

when people want something badly (especially in this golf industry where crazed behavior in consumers is more often a norm than an aberration) the rush to pay premium is almost insane ... couples ecco street premiere shoes are getting upwards of 200% on ebay ... and while they're nice and all ... they're nothing particularly special ... but they've become like a tickle me elmo for this early golf season ... and out of stock means suckers will be had ...

the $500 price for the putter is an absolute steal when people see what it's going to sell for both immediately after selling out as well as in a few years ... saying it's well below market is an understatement to say the least ...

even for someone with zero interest in golf or callaway or phil and the masters ... this putter is a great investment and will have returns that dwarf returs on other more traditional investments ...

also to other person asking why 82 each ... ely callaway started the company in 1982 ... tying it to that ...

Of course it says they will not be shipping it until they receive it from odyssey! haha

I was about to say, they dont even have one yet. I registered for a chance to get one but they havent emailed me yet. And as far I know, that person isnt even assured of getting one, are they?

So I just got an email from Odyssey about the PT82 "Phil" putter. That guy on Ebay needs to take his auction down, its bs. Here is what the email states:

By May 19th they will tabulate all entries and notify those that registered in time by email what number to call to order the putter.
They allowed extra sign ups to allow for those that flake out
A computer error mistakenly notified a few registrants that they were eligible purchasers but they are not. Sounds like this ebay guy was one of these. Oops.
And as a thank you they are sending something to everyone that registered that should be arriving in a few weeks.

$640 dollars for a putter! keep it! :act-up:

So I just got an email from Odyssey about the PT82 "Phil" putter. That guy on Ebay needs to take his auction down, its bs. Here is what the email states:

By May 19th they will tabulate all entries and notify those that registered in time by email what number to call to order the putter.
They allowed extra sign ups to allow for those that flake out
A computer error mistakenly notified a few registrants that they were eligible purchasers but they are not. Sounds like this ebay guy was one of these. Oops.
And as a thank you they are sending something to everyone that registered that should be arriving in a few weeks.

So if you get the email, are you buying one? Do I even need to ask?

So if you get the email, are you buying one? Do I even need to ask?

haha. No you dont even need to ask. If I get the email I see that as a sign. Im probably a long shot as I was out golfing when the sign up started and didnt actually get mine in until I got back home much later.

Hope you get that email, OEM. If anyone from THP is a match for something like this, it's you!

Id love to have this putter! Maybe I'll get lucky and get to spend $500 on a putter LOL

ok so this clowns auction is up to $640 bucks any idea what the putter might actually cost?

You have to get an email from Odyssey to buy it for $500. This guy doesnt even know if he's actually getting one.

Id love to have this putter! Maybe I'll get lucky and get to spend $500 on a putter LOL

If I had been thinking, I would have signed up and passed it on to you if I had been picked! (No way am I spending $500 on a putter right now!)
But I wasn't thinking, so good luck!

sorry but no putter is worth $500 bucks unless it comes with Phil Mickelson!

That is a preference. I think it is, as a collectible of sorts.

Wow you get up early!! And I agree.

wow-wee, this one just sold on Ebay for $1025. another one sold a couple days ago for $850 (But It Now)....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180506723982&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Like I said before, the emails havent even gone out yet to those that get to buy this putter. These guys on Ebay will probably be issuing a refund and should be reported for selling something they dont have and very well might not get. Emails go out tomorrow for the lucky ones that get to buy it.

Like I said before, the emails havent even gone out yet to those that get to buy this putter. These guys on Ebay will probably be issuing a refund and should be reported for selling something they dont have and very well might not get. Emails go out tomorrow for the lucky ones that get to buy it.

I hope you get your email! It would be really cool to hear your thoughts on this flatstick.

I hope you get your email! It would be really cool to hear your thoughts on this flatstick.

Im not holding my breath, I registered pretty late for it because I was playing golf that morning. My best bet is for people that bow out or dont call and place their order. They let people register late for this very reason. We'll see!

Back