Callaway Optifit 3 vs Optifit 2 compatability?

tahoebum

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm not sure about the compatibility of Optifit 2 vs. 3 and didn't see anything on the Callaway website so I'm asking here.

Am I correct that the Optifit 3 adapter was first released with the Flash series clubs and is it only for the fairway woods or both the FW and the Flash and newer Mavrik drivers? Also, will my older Optifit 2 shafts from my original Epic SZ driver work in a new Mavrik driver head?

Update: From what I can determine the Optifit driver adapters are all the same since the XR drivers but the fairway adapters changed starting with the Flash series.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the compatibility of Optifit 2 vs. 3 and didn't see anything on the Callaway website so I'm asking here.

Am I correct that the Optifit 3 adapter was first released with the Flash series clubs? Also, will my older Optifit 2 shafts from my original Epic SZ driver work in a new Mavrik head which uses the Optifit 3?
They only changed the optifit in the fwy woods and hybrids in 2019. The driver optifit is the same as the OG Epic and Rogue so yes it should work in the Mavrik.

They only changed the optifit in the fwy woods and hybrids in 2019. The driver optifit is the same as the OG Epic and Rogue so yes it should work in the Mavrik.

Thanks. I'm glad since I have a few driver shafts that I would still like to tinker with in the new Mavrik head.

Thanks. I'm glad since I have a few driver shafts that I would still like to tinker with in the new Mavrik head.
Welcome!

I have searched and can not find the answer to the adapters for Epic Flash drivers and fairways. I know what they look like but do they have a number designation. The OptiFit adapter for the Epic Flash fairways are shorter than the ones that fit the Epic Flash drivers.

Is the OptiFit 3 the EF fairway adapter and the OptiFit 2 for Epic Flash drivers? Thanks for the info!

Back