Callaway OptiFit Issue - Is it the sleeve or hosel?

myndcraft

#TheGauntlet 2015 Champs
Reaction score
Handicap
Driving
Hello all, my beloved 3 Wood seems to have come loose and I'm not sure if it's an issue with the Sleeve or with the Hosel. Let me know your thoughts based on the video below. I've tried wrenching it down more and there is still play in there.

Leaving this weekend for a guys trip and hoping to figure it out ahead of time :D

It's really hard to see in the video. But assuming the connection between the shaft and adapter are good, then one possibility is the screw is a bit stretched and not able to fully tighten things down. You might remove the screw entirely and inspect it. If you have time try getting and installing a new adapter.

i would have to think the screw to the shaft has become worn out correct?
i dont think its the adaptor or it would be loose. making me think its the connection between the 2.
?

Have you had the screw out of the head recently? If so you might have left one of the 3 washers off of it when putting it back together. There are 3 washers between the screw head and the driver head. You may be able to add a washer. The screw is normally "captive" in the head by a rubber "o" ring.

Back