Callaway Optiforce Driver Preview

As silly as it might seem, the inclusion of the red really made a difference for me in the looks department.

I prefer a heavier option, but think this could be great for someone like my dad trying to maximize carry without a big swing speed number

Will try it out. Not the direction I saw Callaway going, to be honest.
Which direction is that?

Offering a lighter driver to help those increase swing speed? I would think between the RFE, XHot and now this one, they have quite a solid offering to all types of golfers.

Not a fan of the looks of this one as much as the Fit or the X Hot, but I'm sure it performs because it is a Callaway wood and their woods have been WICKED over the last couple years!

The fairway wood is probably the one that interests me most at this point. I like a high launcher and haven't found a better one than the Super S for my game this year.

Although I don't necessarily think it would be the best for for me, you can bet your arse that I still want to hit them.

JB, going to make the Branson trip as well?

Although I don't necessarily think it would be the best for for me, you can bet your arse that I still want to hit them.

JB, going to make the Branson trip as well?

yes it will be.

I'm intrigued. I don't think this is the prettiest driver out there, but I hardly think it's ugly. Smart to add another fitting option to make sure that you can find the right driver/fw for your game.

although I don't think the graphics on the sole make it attractive, I think that it's a driver that could suit my game. I'm one of those who is always looking for a few extra MPH's and some distance. After hitting the 440 in the Xtreme, I'm pretty sure I could handle this one. Really cool that some THPers will get a crack at this club this weekend.

The way I look at this is this; who cares what it looks like, who cares what it's called. If it gives me more yards from the tee, you can bet I'm gonna have it in the bag.

Does anyone know if my Black Tie with the old Opti-Fit tip will fit in this head?

I can honestly say in person these look quite good.

Looking at the finished product and seeing the video, makes this new driver look much better than the pics I saw earlier. I'd like to try it out, but not sure I would choose that over the Xtreme, but who knows.

Looking at the finished product and seeing the video, makes this new driver look much better than the pics I saw earlier. I'd like to try it out, but not sure I would choose that over the Xtreme, but who knows.

If you are coming to Branson Invitational, you sure can.

I dont know if I am liking the looks of this at first glance. I do think if it performs like the Xhot or better then I wouldnt throw it out of bed. Any club is worth a shot...within reason

Wow , I would love to demo this thing and write an extensive review!

Wow , I would love to demo this thing and write an extensive review!

They will hit stores very soon and I would urge you to do that very thing. I think THPers love to hear feedback from other THPers in general and this one will be no different.

Would be interested to see how light this is compared to the Stage2 driver.

Any word on shaft length/playing length?

If you are coming to Branson Invitational, you sure can.

If I didn't have a family reunion already scheduled (in KC), I would be there 100%. Next year though, closest one to me (at least) I will be there. Saying I don't grab one of the last two spots on the #DreamTeam. :good:

Were you able to watch the video? And did you listen to the last THP Radio show done with Harry Arnett? In the show, he speaks of releasing innovation as it happens if there is truly innovation.

In my opinion, by adding a 2nd option, it becomes a fitting option. Not all slower swing speed players need high launch. Then by having a second smaller option, you open up the possibility of tour usage, which in turn sells clubs.

Watched the video, didn't get a chance to listen to the radio show yet. On my to-do-list.

Just seems close to the X-hot line to me, that's all.

although I don't think the graphics on the sole make it attractive, I think that it's a driver that could suit my game. I'm one of those who is always looking for a few extra MPH's and some distance. After hitting the 440 in the Xtreme, I'm pretty sure I could handle this one. Really cool that some THPers will get a crack at this club this weekend.
Distance is never a bad thing!!!

Very intriguing offering from callaway to an already great line of clubs.

Adjustable and light weight....sounds pretty impressive. Nice job as always Ryan

I will reserve judgement till I can hit one on the range and the L/M. I LOVE the RFE but I can not generate enough spin with it. I did not hit the XHot Pro well at all for some reason but I actually got good #'s from the XHot with the XHot Pro 6.0 shaft. I am a notorious 17* L.A. 2100 spin driver and I got those from the latter setup. The RFE was 18* LA but 850-1900 spin and the ball dropped from the air BUT I got mid upper 150 ball speed so the carry #'s were great.

Any more pictures of the clubs? The ones posted don't really paint a good picture of how ugly or how sweet these look. The technology has defintely piqued my interest however.

I will reserve judgement till I can hit one on the range and the L/M. I LOVE the RFE but I can not generate enough spin with it. I did not hit the XHot Pro well at all for some reason but I actually got good #'s from the XHot with the XHot Pro 6.0 shaft. I am a notorious 17* L.A. 2100 spin driver and I got those from the latter setup. The RFE was 18* LA but 850-1900 spin and the ball dropped from the air BUT I got mid upper 150 ball speed so the carry #'s were great.

Are you my long lost brother? High launch and low spin all the way lol.

Any more pictures of the clubs? The ones posted don't really paint a good picture of how ugly or how sweet these look. The technology has defintely piqued my interest however.

We should have some very soon.

Back